Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Ok taking that into account and the post im going to assume that the ntr will happen with alexis no matter the relationship points if im playing on normal mode which i almost always am
Emh, what do you understand as normal mode?

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Emh, what do you understand as normal mode?
From my understanding there are three modes one mode the so called soft mode is sandbox with no ntr at all the second game mode is normal or vanilla it has ntr but can be avoided then you have hardmode ntr will happen no matter what you do

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
From my understanding there are three modes one mode the so called soft mode is sandbox with no ntr at all the second game mode is normal or vanilla it has ntr but can be avoided then you have hardmode ntr will happen no matter what you do
Well, I know, but it wasn't exactly correct description. You see, I guess he devised it in such way, but didn't really manage to implement.
So called hard-NTR didn't actually force NTR, it just had double relationship points penalty, 10 instead of 20. Of course, players still could manipulate relationship points with ingame cheaters, they could disable NTR per character... and in end didn't even trigger events. Not really forced... but again intention was to force player.
Now, he decided to have two game plays. NTR and non-NTR. Relationship points will be eliminated from NTR, and you will have NTR events until you eliminate competition. I am guessing, non-NTR will remain same as before. You had to grind relationship and corruption/love points to trigger events... (now he calls this normal route... not exactly consistent with terminology...)
In either way, I don't see why you raise such fuss.. he clearly said, this changes won't affect non NTR route, so you can play that, and keep Alexis just for yourself, and ignore Nicole and Cassandra. (and rest of girls...)

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Well, I know, but it wasn't exactly correct description. You see, I guess he devised it in such way, but didn't really managed to implement.
So called hard-NTR didn't actually force NTR, it just had double relationship points penalty, 10 instead of 20. Of course, players still could manipulate relationship points with ingame cheaters, they could disable NTR per character... and in end didn't even trigger events. Not really forced... but again intention was to force player.
Now, he decided to have two game plays. NTR and non-NTR. Relationship points will be eliminated from NTR, and you will have NTR events until you eliminate competition. I am guessing, non-NTR will remain same as before. You had to grind relationship and corruption/love points to trigger events... (now he calls this normal route... not exactly consistent with terminology...)
I guess i will play non ntr untill he impliments methods to get rid of the gang

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Just for your information, in version 0.4.5 there's 306 variables in variables.rpy alone.
- 100 of those variables are related to NTR/Love/Corruption/relationships.
- 200+ are mostly true/false flags triggered by events (some are counters for triggers as well).

So he's about halfway through and looking at tracking 306 objects to prevent bugs and on top of that, he has to make sure his spelling is correct as well. That takes a HUGE amount of time to get right and is counter-productive when I know that saddog likes to write stories and fap to his renders.

As the game grows in size and more events are added, it'll add even more flags and counters that depend on the variables. So it's understandable that he's gotta slim those variables down and make it simpler which has several good side effects - less bugs, more renders, faster story, etc.

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Just for your information, in version 0.4.5 there's 306 variables in variables.rpy alone.
- 100 of those variables are related to NTR/Love/Corruption/relationships.
- 200+ are mostly true/false flags triggered by events (some are counters for triggers as well).

So he's about halfway through and looking at tracking 306 objects to prevent bugs and on top of that, he has to make sure his spelling is correct as well. That takes a HUGE amount of time to get right and is counter-productive when I know that saddog likes to write stories and fap to his renders.

As the game grows in size and more events are added, it'll add even more flags and counters that depend on the variables. So it's understandable that he's gotta slim those variables down and make it simpler which has several good side effects - less bugs, more renders, faster story, etc.
I have great respect for people who make games it is something that takes time and effort

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
from saddog's patreon

Hello everyone,
a short status update for the update 0.5.0, that I‘ll release on sunday.

There‘ll be some changes in the gameplay.

The first change is that some events will be forced, like the name-giving event for Irina to get rid of a few bugs that could happen when you meet her without given her a name. Also becoming a gang member will be a must do, it‘s a important part of the story.

The second change is in the NTR mode only, so if you don‘t play it, you can stop reading here.

The other change will affect the relationship and appearing of NTR events.

The initial idea of the story was to throw the player in a game setting like the story of „The count of Monte Christo“ (thanks to someone in a forum for that example).
So the player comes back, everything is fucked up and you can decide then to let it be, participate or clean up to build the setting you want. Or a mix of it.

But the relationship setting I choosed for it was wrong. Now you trigger NTR events only with a low relationship with the characters and so you can cut it out complete. Also the setting to have a relationship and NTR events parallel is not working fine.

So the relationship points won‘t affect the appearing of NTR events anymore. They‘ll be still there as part of the normal love and corruption events.

But the NTR events will trigger automatically and you‘ll have to get rid of the rivals (by fear them, kill them or get the police involded). So you have to see what‘s going wrong before you can have your „perfect“ world.

The options to get rid of them not in the game now, so the NTR events will have until then still the option to prevent them, but later I‘ll hide it in an option maybe, so you‘ll have the initial planned game in the NTR mode. (but there‘ll be a poll about it).

Also some NTR events must be rewritten to fit in this changes, but I want to wait for some feedback before change that much. Please wait with feedback until you see the update on sunday ;)
Ok,is that mean we don't have a way to stop NTR if we don't choose NTR OFF at the start of the game?

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Ok,is that mean we don't have a way to stop NTR if we don't choose NTR OFF at the start of the game?
I guess so.

I guess i will play non ntr untill he impliments methods to get rid of the gang
I don't think that elimination of gang members will make difference. They will still bang the girls, before you eliminate them (either in mini mafia war, or with help of police). You will have them in non-NTR too...
IE, you have two stories instead of one. In one, gang members corrupted girls, then MC came, eliminated gang, and seduced/corrupted girls, in other, he seduced/corrupted girls before Davide got a chance...

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Thermophob is right. If you choose NTR, it WILL BE unavoidable but not until you have a way to get rid of the gang members somehow. For now, it's the same old "Normal route" where the relationship score can stop the NTR from happening.
When he has the routes to get revenge implemented, he will "switch on" the true NTR route. At that point, he will mention it is taking effect so we will know in advance. At that update, you will see unavoidable NTR. BUT that unavoidable NTR is the trigger that allows you to start the revenge route. It makes more sense that way to me.

The "NO NTR" route is not being changed. You will not see NTR in that route ever.
The change is only in the normal NTR route.

Reactions: Thermophob

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Just fyi.. It might mean we'd have to start new saves?? Maybe one of us can figure out a way help old saves get the variables updated so we can keep them?

It's not taking effect in v0.5 AFAIK. So the 0.4.5 saves should be fine. But in any case, we need to be aware that when he retools the variables, it usually breaks old saves.

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Ok i have a question about the gang itself im not sure if it was stated or not but is it posisble to become the leader of the gang and keep the girls to yourself or will you only be able to get revenge then depending on the score keep the girls to yourself

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
But the point was this wasnt suppose to be another boring ass generic incest/harem game, the dev knew what he wanted to make and thats why its so popular its not normal. The problem is that players are trying to force this dev into a game that is like the 100's of ones already available and I worry that he is gonna take this gem and ruin it by caving to the normies who want that generic ass type of game.

I just wish everyone on this thread that complained about NTR would just go away and find another game to play, if you dont like the game how it is just leave, dont try to force people to change to your way of thinking/viewing the game.
BTW you are completely wrong about the popular game.Even a vanilla game like MSN get more support than The Tyrant.
AWAM another one known for some toxic discussions,also makes more money despite the fact we din't even saw Sophia in full glory after almost 1 year.
Ok i have a question about the gang itself im not sure if it was stated or not but is it posisble to become the leader of the gang and keep the girls to yourself or will you only be able to get revenge then depending on the score keep the girls to yourself
Probably around the last update of the game you can get rid of all gangs.So maybe after 1 more year.

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Just fyi.. It might mean we'd have to start new saves?? Maybe one of us can figure out a way help old saves get the variables updated so we can keep them?

It's not taking effect in v0.5 AFAIK. So the 0.4.5 saves should be fine. But in any case, we need to be aware that when he retools the variables, it usually breaks old saves.
Incompatibility of saves is problem which happens in most of RenPy games, sooner or later :D I am not coder, but I can imagine there is possibility that somebody comes up with workaround for backward compatibility between current saves and new versions of game. Only problem is that such process is time consuming, and much cleaner solution is to start a fresh game. :(

paragon

Donor
May 21, 2017
you already post this pic
jul 21
Turns out that the reason I could not find a relevant NTR image is that he didnt publish one, so either he forgot or in a love path their would be no NTR. Either way lets wait and see what happens.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Yes. It's one of the goals of the normal "NTR" route.
1- You can take over the gang
2- Eliminate the gang yourself or by getting police involved
3- Just go along with all of it as a gang member.

Now the love/corruption scores will affect how the girls react to the MC and the sex scenes will change according to those variables. Now saddog also mentioned that he is tweaking the love/corruption scores.
My hunch is he'll do something like this -
1- If you take over the gang, you can have a girl as a lover on the love route where she's faithful to you. Or you can take over the gang and corrupt her so she'll service other guys for you when you tell her to.
2- You kill them all and on love route, she's all yours. But if you corrupt her, you can run a "whorehouse" where she will service others at your whim.
3- Not sure how the love route would work as a gang member? Maybe she'll turn away other guys and prioritize your time? On corruption, you're only helping Davide further corrupt them which makes me wonder.. is there a reward to being a gang member and helping Davide corrupt the girls? Like you get to pick, too and tell dad to fuck off?

Any thoughts on that?

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
I think only real difference between Love/Corruption route is how you treat girls. Do you manipulate them with lies, drugs, blackmails... etc... (Somebody says My Legacy...) or do you seduce them in slow burning romance. In either way, only real question would be will MC can chance to be one cock to rule them all... or he will have to prioritize on one girl (or few girls.)
Other than that, goals are still the same, take over gang, or eliminate it.. although, it would be more appropriate to help the police on love route, and to be become gangster on corruption.

Reactions: Ricochet-avn

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Yes. It's one of the goals of the normal "NTR" route.
1- You can take over the gang
2- Eliminate the gang yourself or by getting police involved
3- Just go along with all of it as a gang member.

Now the love/corruption scores will affect how the girls react to the MC and the sex scenes will change according to those variables. Now saddog also mentioned that he is tweaking the love/corruption scores.
My hunch is he'll do something like this -
1- If you take over the gang, you can have a girl as a lover on the love route where she's faithful to you. Or you can take over the gang and corrupt her so she'll service other guys for you when you tell her to.
2- You kill them all and on love route, she's all yours. But if you corrupt her, you can run a "whorehouse" where she will service others at your whim.
3- Not sure how the love route would work as a gang member? Maybe she'll turn away other guys and prioritize your time? On corruption, you're only helping Davide further corrupt them which makes me wonder.. is there a reward to being a gang member and helping Davide corrupt the girls? Like you get to pick, too and tell dad to fuck off?

Any thoughts on that?
Hmm if you take over the gang it makes little sense to share the girls though that is certainly an option id have to agree love route would make them loyal to you above all others the only question is if you went love route on mom big sis and little sis would you get to keep all three. As for killing them all and i must admit im leaning towards this option once its available i could see the girls belonging to the mc i could also see that on the corruption depnding on how you corrupted them. As for being a simple gang member that im unsure of but i like your idea id pick the little sister because she is my favorite

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
I think only real difference between Love/Corruption route is how you treat girls. Do you manipulate them with lies, drugs, blackmails... etc... (Somebody says My Legacy...) or do you seduce them in slow burning romance. In either way, only real question would be will MC can chance to be one cock to rule them all... or he will have to prioritize on one girl (or few girls.)
Im hoping one cock to rule them all i loved my legacy and the fact he could knock up his nieces and sister in law so it gives me hope that you can knock up the mom and both sisters eventually it is also possible on the corruption route to make them submissive to you ala youngest niece in my legacy or i hope it is possible

89898hh

Sep 4, 2017
What stats and what do i need to do to see the younger sister fuck davde ? and any other NTR scenes ?

3.50 star(s) 120 Votes