androide

May 3, 2018
Thank you both for your answers! The point is when I uninstall a game from android, the saves are automatically deleted. So, when I reinstall the game, I have to play again from the beginning. Such a headache! I didn't realize, that I need to make a backup.

When you uninstall an app Android clear it's data, that is, in this case, deleting

Android/data/com.saddog.the.tyrant

If you want to have conserve your previous saves you have to go to

Android/data/com.saddog.the.tyrant/files

Where you will find a folder "Saves" and a .txt file, log.txt.

You have to move (aka, copy and paste) your "Saves" folder out of com.saddog.the.tyrant after doing so you can uninstall the app.

After this you only have to download the new one and execute it once (because the application only creates the folder com.saddog.the.tyrant after being executed once), after that you just have to move (aka copy and paste) your "Saves" folder to

Android/data/com.saddog.the.tyrant/files

If it pops a window asking you something say yes (because the game may or not create a saves folder even without you starting any play).

And that's all, now you'll be able to open the app and find your previous saves there.

Finally, you can also use this to move saves from the PC to Android and vice versa.

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
depending on the code and the bug, a game breaking bug can mean you have to rewrite whole sections of code. I do know that the clothes code SAZ redid for his mod as it was prone to issues.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Well still a lot can happen between now and Christmas we shall see if it gets a release or not.

Denis25

Dec 4, 2017
depending on the code and the bug, a game breaking bug can mean you have to rewrite whole sections of code. I do know that the clothes code SAZ redid for his mod as it was prone to issues.
I'm not an expert in coding, although based on what I know - I believe Saddog had to redo the whole game. I mean - the game is a timeline full of events. So for a bunch of them you need to enter the flag "Bruce_have_been_dealt_with" and for some - another flag "Davide_has_been_dealt_with" AND have 2 or even 3 copies of each event. And that is for each branch (love, corruption, ntr. Although the last one should be obviously less). And that is with a bunch of assumptions (for example - Davide is dealt with after Bruce is gone, otherwise you need to do scenes when Davide is gone, but Bruce is not; or that it does not matter what exactly happened with any of them otherwise number of branches further increases.)

Add pregnancy and you'll get another layer and number of branches grows enormously. And each branch requires it's own version of event.

And even if everything is done correctly - there is always a chance to screw with one time events like kill Bruce/Davice before accepting Cassandra into gang. So if you later will accept Cassandra - you will not be able to.

Same for weekend events.

Reactions: Knight2416

Necronomenah

Nov 22, 2019
This game is fantastic if you're into BDSM, Dom, Sub, etc. It's personally my kink of choice, though it would be nice to see some Aftercare with the corruption routes, otherwise some great content.

Esens424

Jun 4, 2017
I'm not an expert in coding, although based on what I know - I believe Saddog had to redo the whole game. I mean - the game is a timeline full of events. So for a bunch of them you need to enter the flag "Bruce_have_been_dealt_with" and for some - another flag "Davide_has_been_dealt_with" AND have 2 or even 3 copies of each event. And that is for each branch (love, corruption, ntr. Although the last one should be obviously less). And that is with a bunch of assumptions (for example - Davide is dealt with after Bruce is gone, otherwise you need to do scenes when Davide is gone, but Bruce is not; or that it does not matter what exactly happened with any of them otherwise number of branches further increases.)
I dont claim to be an expert myself -- but I have been toying around PC's since the TRS-80 lol -- and having tinkered and self modded many of the games I have gotten on F95 -- I can agree with your statement 100%. I have toyed around with The Tyrant, with and without SAZ mod.. (And even Saz has commented before on his mod page - Saddogs coding style for this game can get problematic for his mod even.) Reading through it myself, the system he is using to me is a nightmare for modifications, towards true "sandbox" style playing -- if it were more visual novel where you kind of go one direction or the other.. it wouldnt be that hard to add on to the story as it progresses. However as he tries to add more and more possibilities to the story, the flow of the main loop can get a little twisted.. in my time going through the code I have noticed he has changed his "style" of time management more than once.. which can make "time cheating mods" like I have added a PAIN since in some scenarios he just advances the time a certain number of hours... others he just sets the time absolute.. but there is no consistency and it can get quite messy the more story options that pop up as you go.. I came to the conclusion a while back that if I was going to do a mod of the game I would definitely have to restructure the entire framework, if nothing else so that it made more sense to me and would allow for future compatibility.

Hence Im just tinkering for my own entertainment at this point, improving on some of the flawed renders, playing with a weekend "date" mod -- something that can co exist with whats already there ...

Summer Love

Jul 5, 2017
Does anyone remember what the trigger is to begin the basement orgy party? I'm pretty sure i have everyone progressed far enough AFAIK but it still won't start .

3.50 star(s) 120 Votes