gfot

Jun 14, 2019
I really don't understand the reaction to criticism for Saddog. Sure, it's his game and he doesn't really owe anything to anyone but he promised an update on June 19th or 20th "depending on testing" (and he made that promise a couple days before those dates, which together with the wording gave the distinct impression the update was ready) and he's been silent ever since. And it's not the first time something similar has happened. I am not going to be a hypocrite and say that if he'd given an update everything would be ok, people would still complain (welcome to the internet) but this pattern of making unrealistic promises and then going silent is not a good look, especially when you contrast it with the approach of someone like SAZ, who has no Patreon and therefore no financial incentive and yet goes out of his way to keep people informed.

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
I really don't understand the reaction to criticism for Saddog. Sure, it's his game and he doesn't really owe anything to anyone but he promised an update on June 19th or 20th "depending on testing" (and he made that promise a couple days before those dates, which together with the wording gave the distinct impression the update was ready) and he's been silent ever since. And it's not the first time something similar has happened. I am not going to be a hypocrite and say that if he'd given an update everything would be ok, people would still complain (welcome to the internet) but this pattern of making unrealistic promises and then going silent is not a good look, especially when you contrast it with the approach of someone like SAZ, who has no Patreon and therefore no financial incentive and yet goes out of his way to keep people informed.
Personally I don't care. I follow plenty of devs who consistently update, and/or consistently talk to their patreon and some of them show some love to their f95 followers even(a majority of my sig games). So as much as I love this game, it's the reason I won't recommend this game. So I'll wait and see what become of this game.

This game is amazing. The art, story, paths. I'm sure he is working on the game, but I can't really blindly trust either. But I pointed plenty of time to Saz mod as an amazing addition. Staying silent while still getting paid just feel off.

So I won't ever talk about this game outside of this thread because of that, but I don't see him as bad as the other infamous devs. I just really don't understand this way of building trust in your brand, which I feel for an indie dev should be pretty important. I've seen what happens in other threads when the dev acts like that(the thread just become a shit show, and I don't want this thread to be like that).

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
The funny thing is that people can't imagine how much trouble patreon can cause for a dev of a game like this here, why they don't leave patreon is another topic, and i'm pretty sure that if SAZ would have a patreon and would offer his mod there he'd be in a lot of trouble too.

Reactions: james steele

Heavy Sleeper

May 10, 2020
The funny thing is that people can't imagine how much trouble patreon can cause for a dev of a game like this here, why they don't leave patreon is another topic, and i'm pretty sure that if SAZ would have a patreon and would offer his mod there he'd be in a lot of trouble too.
yeah, the last thing SAZ wants it's patreon. If you plan to have a lot harsher topics in your game(like the explicit rape in one of SAZ optional routes), it's better to have a different method. I'm not very familiar with those site, but there is buy me a coffe or something? that's probably a much better for a mod.

For a full game, I don't know if there is any well known site that will support freely all of those topics thou.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
yeah, the last thing SAZ wants it's patreon. If you plan to have a lot harsher topics in your game(like the explicit rape in one of SAZ optional routes), it's better to have a different method. I'm not very familiar with those site, but there is buy me a coffe or something? that's probably a much better for a mod.

For a full game, I don't know if there is any well known site that will support freely all of those topics thou.
The problem with the other sides is a) that there aren't as many people around who would support someone and b) that they aren't as reliable with payments as patreon is. Don't know how it is with buy me a coffee but they are for sure a lot smaller.

misir ali

Jun 20, 2020
there any way to contract with dev ?? i hope that guy not died in covd19 . . i really need ending this game. .:cautious::cautious::cautious:

mochamas23

Apr 5, 2019
the game has been running for 3 years but the update took quite a while, I don't know what happened !!!!

3.50 star(s) 120 Votes