AbdelAdrian

Oct 17, 2017
Hmmm :unsure: Abandoned. So what about people who paid for nothing for a year. There is some liability law for such things ?

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Hmmm :unsure: Abandoned. So what about people who paid for nothing for a year. There is some liability law for such things ?
Nope! As Patreons. you are paying a person because you like what they do / have done in the past. You aren't owed anything unlike Kickstarter where you are pre-purchasing something and either should get it delivered or get your deposit back.

Mar 3, 2018
Saddog games i hope you update the game soon so they remove the abandoned tag.
The game is amazing has huge potential i wish i could support them but sadly poor student so i can afford to give a cent because i might be a cent short next month.

Reactions: Knight2416
Feb 28, 2018
Yeah right, abandoned because " Abandon tag is 3 months no update "...are you kidding me? Icstore dont update from a year or so and dont get "Abandoned" on him's Milfy City...Law need to be the same for everyone...or not?

Well, I agree with you that Milfy City would deserve the Abandoned tag as well but the rules are actually the same for everyone. You should read them first before you complain about them. You can find the rule about the Abandoned tag here:

https://f95zone.to/threads/game-uploading-rules-2019-06-25.524/

Abandoned: The game has been abandoned (confirmed by the dev) or the developer hasn't posted anything related to the game for at least 3 months.

It doesn't say anything about the last update, it's only about when the developer posted something about the game.
ICSTOR's last post was on August 8th which is less than 3 months ago, while Saddog's last post was on June 15th, which is more than 3 months ago. So according to the forum rules The Tyrant gets the Abandoned tag and Milfy City does not. It's as simple as that. You could argue of course if the rule makes sense but you can't blame the mods for being unfair.

sserobinsse

Sep 6, 2017
Nope! As Patreons. you are paying a person because you like what they do / have done in the past. You aren't owed anything unlike Kickstarter where you are pre-purchasing something and either should get it delivered or get your deposit back.
i my add that " You aren't owed anything" is sort of a lie if the Patreon have a reward tier then they are "owned" does rewards for the month that they are pledged so if does tier includes digital stuff like unique scenes pack (pack with unique scenes as pics)
then the Patreon aka in is case the Dev need to supplie* does rewards every month that people pledge for

it would have been different if it was setup as this:

hi people is Patreon is my tip bar where people who likes that i have done either when i modding games or creating games myself
i don't have a reward tiers because people are free to pledge whatever amount they want

off course is setup does not work for companies and in fact something many forgot is that almost no company in real life go with profit the first years of it making and not even the year after due to needs to do investment in stuff for the company to work

other thing that i have seen with "Game" Devs that make a Patreon is that they don't even have the basics of the game made
and they in fact create a Patreon for the "Game" when it is not really a game and most/some stop just because people are not instantly pledging to that Patreon they created i personalty would give a tip that they work more on they demo before they release it to the public ales in till the basics of the game is done and it is in a sort of playable state aka don't release it if it is on version 0.01 release it when it is on release candidate version "1.00" (playable demo)

but in the end its is my opinion hate it love it but in the end it is my opinion

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
i my add that " You aren't owed anything" is sort of a lie if the Patreon have a reward tier then they are "owned" does rewards for the month that they are pledged so if does tier includes digital stuff like unique scenes pack (pack with unique scenes as pics)
then the Patreon aka in is case the Dev need to supplie* does rewards every month that people pledge for

it would have been different if it was setup as this:

hi people is Patreon is my tip bar where people who likes that i have done either when i modding games or creating games myself
i don't have a reward tiers because people are free to pledge whatever amount they want

off course is setup does not work for companies and in fact something many forgot is that almost no company in real life go with profit the first years of it making and not even the year after due to needs to do investment in stuff for the company to work

other thing that i have seen with "Game" Devs that make a Patreon is that they don't even have the basics of the game made
and they in fact create a Patreon for the "Game" when it is not really a game and most/some stop just because people are not instantly pledging to that Patreon they created i personalty would give a tip that they work more on they demo before they release it to the public ales in till the basics of the game is done and it is in a sort of playable state aka don't release it if it is on version 0.01 release it when it is on release candidate version "1.00" (playable demo)

but in the end its is my opinion hate it love it but in the end it is my opinion
Sure! you are owed the access promised by the tier you are renting. If it is not listed as a tier reward, you aren't owed it. If you are promised access to Discord, you can attempt to recover your pledge if that access isn't provided. There is a subscription model of payment per item created / month, but I haven't seen it used. I'm sure some artists offer it, but the games typically do not. If they did then you'd only pay per update and the whole 'milking the patron' would go away though I suspect splitting updates into a couple of dozen individual bug-fixes might occur more frequently. Most games do not offer a product update as a tier reward; they suggest how frequently they expect to make an update (perhaps) and promise access to updates made ready often ahead of general distribution.

Ranting Old Man

Donor
Oct 24, 2019
Patreons are owed per their reward teir, period. As far as Saddog the only reward teir he has to give something to is his $20.00 reward tier
He should be giving them the renders promised. Failure for him to do so is a violation of Patreons terms of service. Since I am not a $20.00 tier, I can not complain about not getting rewards.

As far as who has the right to complain about the game. Anyone who has invested time into the game has a right to voice their concerns and opinions. You are without the right to deny them of that. They can give criticisms about any aspect they want provided they actually played it. Even if it is about kinks they don't like. Yes people can voice their concerns over NTR. Like it or not they have a right to voice their opinions.
However they nor anyone else has a right to tell others what kinks they should or shouldn't enjoy. There is a clear difference from saying, "I don't like x" verses saying "you shouldn't like x" or "you are x because you like x". Explaining your displeasure of a kink isn't kink shaming, nor should actual kink shaming be acceptable on an adult themed blog website.

ours 72

Aug 22, 2017
Ooh, how many people are on fire
if the game is really abandoned, we are all counting on SAZ to give us an honorable ending, he had plenty of ideas, let's wait and see before we judge, the year has been tough for everyone, the pandemic, the fear, stupidity prevents us from living serenely, and I am sorry but even if I am paying to play a game in these times of crisis my family comes first, in addition there is plenty of criticism on grammar or syntax hey frankly I am french, I write with google, not my fault if it is badly translated.
that said if the game is really to give up it's a shame there was still plenty to do or explore (the tanning salon, a relationship with the dancing girl ....)
my little darling, my love, my short uh, release us a mod with an end worthy of the name, as you know so well how to do it

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
To be clear the game has been marked abandoned following our internal rules.
Nothing has changed from 5 days ago. Probably/hopefully Saddo is still working on the game and we will remove the tag as soon a new release will be posted

Last edited:

loikl

Feb 14, 2018
Well being fair, in his patreon there is no activity since June 15, he talks about the 9.5 update but nothing else, therefore it is logical to think that he already abandoned the project, however until some patreon of him confirms something or even after a couple of months without activity all will be speculation.

Too bad I don't think it was a bad game. :(

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
I am disappointed if it is abandoned as I thought this would get finished because he finished the first game he did.

javikaston

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2019
since saddog decided to give up on this game if anyone that knows renpy wants to make a game similar to tyrant message me.

Knight2416

Jul 16, 2017
since saddog decided to give up on this game if anyone that knows renpy wants to make a game similar to tyrant message me.
Do not give up yet there are still 2/3 ways this game gets finished.

1) Saddog returns and finishes game (best result as any creator wants their creation to be completed and SAZ will a complete base to build on)
2) S A Z completes the game via his mod (SAZ completes his vision, but we never see how Saddog would have ended it. 2nd best result)
3) Saddog passes his plan, images, and code to 3rd party to complete. (so so result)

I would like option 1 but option 2 is most likely.

cri

Oct 23, 2017
If this game has already been abandoned, can I say what I think, or will they nismanear the comment?

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
since saddog decided to give up on this game
Where did you got idea he gave up the game?
Tag abandoned has nothing to do with developers. It's internal rule for this site, if developer doesn't communicate with his supporters, game gets prefix abandoned...
So far we don't know if he abandoned it or not.. although it's more likely he did gave up.
As for continuation... Lol, RenPy is open source, and developers don't hold copyright over models. Nobody is prevented to clone game at any point...

Reactions: ours 72
3.50 star(s) 120 Votes