javikaston

Game Developer
Oct 25, 2019
Lockdown does not mean no work sorry, I know the last mod update took a while as SAZ was flat out (with him main job) and I took longer to play tester for him in my spare time.

I have been working the whole time COVID has been running and in a lot of other cases we are doing more hours than pre-Covid.

Banks, Fire, Police, Hospital, Doctors, Military, Government, cleaning companies, petrol stations, the list goes on.

For anyone else that is working hard to keep the world turning during COVID-19 massive thanks and stay safe.
You are very right. but even before the lockdown he was shit. when its come down to it. he doesnt bother to keep in touch

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
Lockdown does not mean no work sorry, I know the last mod update took a while as SAZ was flat out (with him main job) and I took longer to play tester for him in my spare time.

I have been working the whole time COVID has been running and in a lot of other cases we are doing more hours than pre-Covid.

Banks, Fire, Police, Hospital, Doctors, Military, Government, cleaning companies, petrol stations, the list goes on.

For anyone else that is working hard to keep the world turning during COVID-19 massive thanks and stay safe.
It's a pity that many politicians have been working as well which is why things are so fucked up in UK for one. I have no idea where Saddog lives though. He completed his first game but this one is a stretch for him obviously.

Esens424

Jun 4, 2017
Actually, he did share assets, I cant remember exactly, was it here or at fan assets thread, but it's easy to find, just filter out his posts... It's hard work of course, but not as hard as building it from start. Anyway, I was not advocating somebody to take the game over, just commenting.

I hope he will release an update by the end of year too. Biggest problem would be coding, he tried to make very complex game (not as gameplay, it's actually easy to play this, I am speaking about code structure), and he made a lot of mistakes. I am not criticizing him, it was ambitious from him, and I hope he learned a lot for possible future games, just game is the mess when it comes to code.
Actually I think it's been shared in both threads. But there are two, and art assets thread, a fan art thread, and of course this one.. I know I have most of them and have also re-shared them in both threads multiple times.. and the fan art thread has almost more posts than the game itself does! Thats what got me tinkering in the game itself, and his code structure indeed causes more complications as the game gets bigger and get more add on..

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Actually I think it's been shared in both threads. But there are two, and art assets thread, a fan art thread, and of course this one.. I know I have most of them and have also re-shared them in both threads multiple times.. and the fan art thread has almost more posts than the game itself does! Thats what got me tinkering in the game itself, and his code structure indeed causes more complications as the game gets bigger and get more add on..
I am suspecting he has the renders, or most of it for game, but he doesn't know how to implement all things he planned.

Reactions: Knight2416

Ginji

Lightning Emperor
Donor
May 14, 2017
there has been a lot of posts regarding this game,as a former tier 4 patreon who pm'd saddog personally about his keeping in touch-and as pointed out to him long before any patreon intervention.you have a fan base,let us know you are still with us on this journey-codes not great we can help,i know you watch this-1028pm yesterday
this is my last post in defense of you-if you cant go forward please contact S A Z and maybe form a blockbuster:)(y)

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
How the hell does a game get to 0.9.1 and then get abandoned? I mean, might as well finish it at that point for Christ's sake.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
How the hell does a game get to 0.9.1 and then get abandoned? I mean, might as well finish it at that point for Christ's sake.
0.9.1 doesn't mean it was almost finished.
I can guess a number of different reasons why he is holding up.
It could be :
  • The code being difficult to work with.(he made it more complex than necessary)
  • Personal and have nothing to do with the game.
  • Burnout.
  • That he's disappointed about something and decided to step back.
  • That he's working on something and decided not to communicate for whatever reason.
Whatever it is, the reasons are his till we hear from him. He's not the one who marked it abandoned, that was due to inactivity.

Last edited:

Warsteel

May 26, 2017
My question was mainly rhetorical. The point being this is a game that has been developed for nearly three years, with a good amount of content, quality and followers. As you said, the dev has yet to weigh in on this but I'm sure his patreons are going to be losing their minds if it is and up to 3 years of support ends in an unfinished game.

iainmore

Jun 12, 2017
My question was mainly rhetorical. The point being this is a game that has been developed for nearly three years, with a good amount of content, quality and followers. As you said, the dev has yet to weigh in on this but I'm sure his patreons are going to be losing their minds if it is and up to 3 years of support ends in an unfinished game.
I have supported 7 games in the past that ended up incomplete or unfinished. It is unfortunately an all too regular occurrence. I was surprised he didn't finish it since he finished the first game he did. This is the first time though that I have supported a creator on patroen who didn't finish his second game. I did though pull the plug on my support at least 10 months ago as I saw the writing on the wall even then. I pull support fast now from creators who are also obviously milkers because their updates are regularly thin in terms of content. At least we have the SAZ Mod to continue enjoying this game in some way and also make me feel I get a little back from my initial investment.

AtotehZ

Aug 24, 2018
Feb 28, 2018
LOLs
well colour me surprised

#RantAlert

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If we're going to quote our posts from 2018 now, I can do that too. :p

Unfortunately I have to agree with you 100%. When 0.4.5 came out I tried to fix the bugs myself. I was shocked when I saw the total mess after I decompiled the game. There is no structure at all and a lot of copy&paste which makes the code prone to bugs and very hard to maintain.

I doubt that the game will ever be more than a loose collection of scenes with no logical interconnections.
He'd need to completely refactor the codebase which of course would anger his paying customers because they wouldn't see any content updates for a while.

3.50 star(s) 120 Votes