S A Z

Modder
Jun 29, 2017
Just throwing my two bits in as well.

I have also written a prequel for possible use with my mod. It has two stories running together. The MC's story while he was studying abroad and the family's story as they fell into the mess they are in when he returns. It had him losing touch with them more and more as things progress, and as he explored life with the coeds at school. And then the other focus was on Nicole as Bruce gets the offer to go under cover and how she tries to deal with a gang basically invading her home. That was the approach I was personally taking with it. But that is just on a list of possible things I wanted to add to the mod, and still might at some point. But I would definitely like to play a prequel. :D

But I get completely what others have said in regards to people asking if someone will take over the game. I have been asked to do it myself on a few occasions. I agree/think that what will come out of something like that will likely be a reinterpretation of that game, as we are not Saddog. The mod is the game according the me, even though I try very hard to keep in the spirit of Saddog and the original Tyrant. But it definitely has my own variations on it, not including the complete rewrites I've done as well and not used as it changed it too much for what I was trying to achieve in the mod. So any endings added through other means would be like that as well. That doesn't mean I wouldn't happily play it! I totally would. :) I just know that whether it's through something like my mod, or completely new remake or another mod, it will likely be a new vision of the story with that creator's own flavor thrown in, so I'm prepared for that. It's going to be different on some levels, maybe many, some may or may not like it. But I think it would be fun to explore this world some more in some way.

EDIT: It should also be said, the last time I was in communication with Saddog was earlier this year. I posted about it in the mod's thread and in the asset thread. In that communication, Saddog did mention he was very busy still working on the last two updates for the game. Now that was a while ago, but personally, I still have hope that he will come swooping in with those last two updates one of these days and get us across the finish line, or at least where he wanted to get us. I realize there could still be plenty to explore after that. But that is just me and my hope as an original ending(s) would be ideal in my mind. I also understand it's been a long time and so I completely get where we are now. Just a hope!

Last edited:

Mando Logica

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Nov 23, 2020
In my latest reincarnation I'm just starting with a short background story for each character and their relationships to other characters.
I feel that's one element the original lacked, you have to know where someone is coming from before you can decide where they are going.
It's basically a story of revenge for past wrongs.
There is an even longer cast of characters than the original, which certainly complicates things, one reason I lose track of the story I'm writing.
Do you focus more on the love route or corruption or NTR?

Reactions: S A Z

TSSG59

Jun 7, 2021
Do you focus more on the love route or corruption or NTR?
In the versions I shredded, I had all three running at the same time, you know how complicated that is to write, depending on the other characters interactions with the MC.
I must admit my versions tend to be a lot more violent in nature than the original story because that's what I tend to see in society today, and possibly deep within myself if truth be told, I harbor grudges.
The original gang members and other criminals were not at all realistic IMHO.
PS. I have known a lot of dodgy characters in my life, and there are still plenty around here today, I know how they work and tend to avoid them now.
Judging how they will react to any situation can be a lottery, most are mentally unstable and unpredictable.
Manipulative females?, bitches?, oh yeah, plenty. Like em and hate em in equal measure
You have to remove any idea that a hardened criminal has any humanity in his soul whatsoever before you face them, self preservation is all.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
well if Saddoggames isn't continuing this now we will need somebody to actually continue it like what they do with all those Big Brother games but this one actually deserves to be remade or continued tho.
A remake/reimagining or something like it, sure. A series of carbon copy fan game knock-offs, no.
Hell, even a parody would be preferable if it was competently made.

ButTom459

Jan 7, 2022
Do we even know if saddoggames is still alive? Like I'm not saying I hope any harm has fallen upon them but I do wonder if they passed away for whatever reason after their last release.

sillyrobot

Engaged Member
Apr 22, 2019
Do we even know if saddoggames is still alive? Like I'm not saying I hope any harm has fallen upon them but I do wonder if they passed away for whatever reason after their last release.
Saddog was last on the site yesterday, so looks alive to me.

saddog
Game Developer
Joined May 2, 2017
Last seen Yesterday at 10:49 PM

Reactions: Fiatos

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Hey, guys I was hesitant to coment, for a long time, and this is adressed more to the newer members of the comunity, Saddog will eventually make an update, when he feels he is ready for it, I would rather encourage you to read a bit the older posts so around page 300 or so onward, to understand and make yourself a picture what has led to this situation,
so
peace and hopefully in a few month we have a pleasant surprise.

ButTom459

Jan 7, 2022
Saddog was last on the site yesterday, so looks alive to me.

saddog
Game Developer
Joined May 2, 2017
Last seen Yesterday at 10:49 PM
Ahhh, it's great to hear that he's still alive. Sadly a lot of people has passed away in the last few years due to COVID so I was worried that he was in that group.

Jul 16, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Saddog having had issues putting things out in a timely manner 4 years ago does not mean the 1.7 years of ongoing radio silence is just some sort of delay. It could be, but there's 0 reason to have confidence that something is in the works.
Not knocking the game itself, but games that have a passionate dev burn out, slow down, make more promises and fail to keep them before ultimately abandoning the project without a word, usually while still taking money from their patrons, are a dime a dozen. Maybe something'll come out, maybe it won't. I wouldn't hold my breath

3.50 star(s) 120 Votes