5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
So, here is the 0.4.2 :cool:

Mind this is a patch release for 0.4.1, so no actual new features (that will be in 0.5). Here is what's changed:

- fixed girlpacks not loading under some circumstances
- fixed custom music tracks loading under some circumstances
- this build **might** be compatible with windows 7
As usual, I'll wait for mirrors and then update the OP.

In regards to 1080p videos playback: I made some checks and there's no any particular issue in handling >=1080p resolutions. In case the playback doesn't work is 99% related to an unsupported codec. I personally checked some of the packs you guys reported as problematic: unfortunately some mp4 videos are encoded with h263 or non h264 and Chrome won't support them. The complete list of supported video codecs in TUSC are: h264, vp8, vp9, av1. I'm sorry for everything else that was eventually supported by VC, but I just can't implement them: I depend on Chrome support to build TUSC. The only way to load those videos in TUSC is to re-encode the girlpack using one of the supported codecs.

Cheers!

Reactions: Vicissitudo

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
I've honestly never had a single issue playing the MP4 videos that I've created. Most in HD, but some even in 4k. They all work perfectly. Same with the overwhelming majority of packs created by others.

I've had issues with some packs that use other video formats, but then when I checked them outside of the game, it was the same issue in the video player. Choppy, like they were missing frames.

jond2760

Oct 23, 2018
What is the use of the spa and bath areas? There's never anyone in there during club hours, and it seems like no girl packs have gloryhole scenes.

Last edited:

Vicissitudo

Jun 23, 2020
Hello there,
first of all thanks everglow for continuing the legacy, it's really a pity that Tobe dropped it completely but it's good to see someone continuing this kind of work.

I know about TUSC since it was released but I only tried the very first version which was some kind of draft I guess, still promising.

I kept playing Venus Club but now I wonder how things are going. I've read the differences between TUSC and VC,I'm reading the comments and, ofc, I've downloaded the latest version which looks far more complete.

My question it's about the packs, I see there are TUSC only and compatible packs. How does it work?

I browsed the sample pack a little and the TUSC only seems more specific and with more folders. Does it mean if we use a VC pack on TUSC the scenes will be "simplified"?

I guess, for example, going for gloryhole and finding a regular scene, right?

Are there TUSC only packs already for download?

I made some packs in the past and I would like to make more soon but I'm a bit challenged whether to make TUSC only (and convert my old ones as well, or make VC packs and keep using them on 2 games.

I think mostly will depend on the amount available, if there are enough of TUSC I would drop the idea of keep playing VC and switch permanently; eventually focusing in converting some of the existing ones in TUSC only as well.

I'm sorry if I asked some silly questions, I'm sure some have been answered already but I didn't keep up with the development and I'm just curious to learn!

Thanks

Reactions: Loganfin

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
Hello there,
first of all thanks everglow for continuing the legacy, it's really a pity that Tobe dropped it completely but it's good to see someone continuing this kind of work.

I know about TUSC since it was released but I only tried the very first version which was some kind of draft I guess, still promising.

I kept playing Venus Club but now I wonder how things are going. I've read the differences between TUSC and VC,I'm reading the comments and, ofc, I've downloaded the latest version which looks far more complete.

My question it's about the packs, I see there are TUSC only and compatible packs. How does it work?

I browsed the sample pack a little and the TUSC only seems more specific and with more folders. Does it mean if we use a VC pack on TUSC the scenes will be "simplified"?

I made some packs in the past and I would like to make more soon but I'm a bit challenged whether to make TUSC only (and convert my old ones as well, or make VC packs and keep using them on 2 games.

I think mostly will depend on the amount available, if there are enough of TUSC I would drop the idea of keep playing VC and switch permanently; eventually focusing in converting some of the existing ones in TUSC only as well.

I'm sorry if I asked some silly questions, I'm sure some have been answered already but I didn't keep up with the development and I'm just curious to learn!

Thanks
Well first, almost any/all VC packs will work with TUSC. So no worries there.

After that, you can adjust/adapt any of the VC packs to make them more versitile for TUSC by adding the new categories and moving appropriate vids into those sub folders if you like. Not all will have them. If you're really interested, I'd advise looking through the packs outside of the game and playing the videos to see what they have. The bigger ones will obviously be more likely to have more varried content.

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016

Vicissitudo TUSC-only packs are not more specific, they only have additional folders for additional contents, but the VC structure is almost 1:1. The PDF guide in the OP should answer most of your questions regarding additional contents: some of the videos can fallback to generic contents, some other not. In general the additional contents regards TUSC-only sections like SPA and baths.

The for VC packs already contains a column to specify whereas the pack has TUSC-only contents.
The only almost-complete pack I know of is the one I made for (contains SPA, gloryhole, gym contents), whereas I also published a .
Both the airtable and the VC girlpacks thread should give you an idea on TUSC related contents.

I personally suggest you to make universal packs, meaning VC-compatible. This let players from both worlds to enjoy the contents, as the two can be packed together.

hotmike

Jan 28, 2018
As for custom images/videos: it is not supported (yet?)
Writing custom training events without being able to control what is shown is not very interesting. One can only write some general stuff then... which is already present.
So, I do hope this is on the list ;)

Midnightgamer

Aug 29, 2018
despite having loaded more actresses in the folder, when I have to hire them, I find only one and all the others are missing. how come?
at least for me when i got girlpacks the folder had another folder inside named the same thing (for example inside Cara would be another folder named Cara). I had to cut the inner folder, go back to the girlpack folder and paste the inner folder there, letting it replace the outer folder. This made it visible as a girlpack.

Mar 22, 2021
What is the use of the spa and bath areas? There's never anyone in there during club hours, and it seems like no girl packs have gloryhole scenes.
There aren't very many TUSC-specific packs out there yet but some VC packs had a few spa and bath scenes mixed in (Satin Bloom and Riley Reid for example). If you're comfortable copying the .yml file and the structure from the videos folder of a TUSC-specific pack, you can move content around and edit the .yml file to convert the older packs so those areas work. From a game perspective, having those areas populated means more stuff going on and more income.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
Is there an upper limit on how big the girlpack folder can be? I'm trying to point my venus club folder at it but it just come up with an error cannot load message?

Edit: Nevermind I saw the 0.4.2 update and that fixed it.

Last edited:

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
So... How the fuck does the training system work? I've been trying to train a girl for ages now any no matter which of the three options I choose it always fucking fails. This is just getting annoying.

Loganfin

Dec 2, 2020
So... How the fuck does the training system work? I've been trying to train a girl for ages now any no matter which of the three options I choose it always fucking fails. This is just getting annoying.
There really seems to be a strong element of randomness to it. Some girls are extremely easy to train, while others are very difficult. To me, that actually adds to the fun.

Disgruntler

Game Developer
May 2, 2021
The three options generally correspond to one of three methods of persuasion.

One option will try to appeal to her sexuality (lewdness)
One option will try to appeal to her financial needs (boastfulness)
One option will try to appeal to her desire to make you happy/obey you (obedience)

Every girl should have at least one score that's 50+ in one of those stats. Appealing to her highest stat maximizes the chance of training her in that session, as does having higher charisma.

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
The three options generally correspond to one of three methods of persuasion.

One option will try to appeal to her sexuality (lewdness)
One option will try to appeal to her financial needs (boastfulness)
One option will try to appeal to her desire to make you happy/obey you (obedience)

Every girl should have at least one score that's 50+ in one of those stats. Appealing to her highest stat maximizes the chance of training her in that session, as does having higher charisma.
All of my girls are from venus club (literally pointing TUSC at my venus club folder) so as far as I'm aware none of those stats even exist for my girls?

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
All of my girls are from venus club (literally pointing TUSC at my venus club folder) so as far as I'm aware none of those stats even exist for my girls?
For VC packs those stats are inferred by TUSC. You can see the respective values in the staff list and in the status header when in girls' rooms.

Reactions: Shardoom

Shardoom

Spunkbubble
Donor
May 4, 2017
For VC packs those stats are inferred by TUSC. You can see the respective values in the staff list and in the status header when in girls' rooms.
How would I go about editing my existing packs so I could set those values manually, if you wouldn't mind assisting me a little?

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
How would I go about editing my existing packs so I could set those values manually, if you wouldn't mind assisting me a little?
You can just add the `data.yml` file in the root directory of the girlpack. Check the example packs in the OP and also the PDF guide.

everglow

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2016
FYI, I remade the original Rita Peach VC pack, adding SPA contents and few videos in original categories.
Mind this is encoded in VP9, so TUSC only:

Cheers

Reactions: Shardoom
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes