VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Veritate [v0.3.1] [MiezDaCat]

3.90 star(s) 10 Votes

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
Lana definitely knows. And I can't see that she would be able to keep that secret from Alice and Tina even if MC wanted her to.
Lana is spying on MC and she could simply dislike her because she is jealous of her like every girl in this game is about every other girl.

Reactions: BlasKyau

MiezDaCat

Game Developer
Jan 6, 2023
Now I have a few things to say.

First I have to thank you for your feedback, it really means a lot to me and I appreciate it. Thank you.

Some of the things you didn't like, I'm not going to go off and say that I'm going to change anything. No.

The biggest thing that bothers me. Premature conclusions about the game. Of course that's your right and I'm not going to take it away from you. But when we watch some movie, do we jump to conclusions about it after 5 minutes of watching it? Let's say it's some 3-hour movie. My game is now 5 minutes of a movie. What makes you think it's going to continue to be so shitty? Of course it could be, but you're not sure about that yet. I'm not saying I'm going to change anything just because you don't like it, I'm making my story the way I came up with it. Could things change for the better? - Maybe. Or will things get worse? I'm not ruling it out.

If you're saying it's shit now and you won't play it anymore, that's your choice.

As one user wrote above, I know things you don't, but I want to show you them. I can't do that right away.

MC is wimpy? Why would he be an alpha male? He lived in a house with 3 girls, what do you think he should be? We can't all be heroes who are willing to fuck anything that moves.
Would I change that? Maybe.

I'm already trying to give players a choice, you may have noticed that. Even now, every choice will have consequences. And those consequences aren't just skipping some scenes, if one thing doesn't happen, something else will happen. That's what I want to do. If there's something you don't like? What makes you think you can't avoid it? Of course, there will still be some main line of events, but trust me, you'll have plenty of choices.

Harem tag. A lot of people don't understand why it's there. If I added it then I know what I'm doing, don't you think?

I really don't want to say many things since I want to make an interesting story, many bad things in the game are there, I see them too, not just you. But maybe you could give me some time?

I was really upset by some of the comments today as its my hard work that I put a lot of effort into.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to play my game,
Best wishes.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I,uh,think she was. And sadly now she's back.

Also if you've read any Japanese webnovel,this MC is your basic Japanese protag.

No backbone,and massive amounts of fear anytime forced to interact with any being possessing a vagina
My MC is ignoring her, and will continue to do so until she's gone from the game, at which point it's no longer necessary to ignore her.

Reactions: SkyeHigh 038

Deleted member 4865569

Apr 26, 2022

First I have to thank you for your feedback, it means a lot to me and I appreciate it. Thank you.

Some of the things you didn't like, I'm not going to go off and say that I'm going to change anything. No.

The biggest thing that bothers me. Premature conclusions about the game. Of course, that's your right and I'm not going to take it away from you. But when we watch some movie, do we jump to conclusions about it after 5 minutes of watching it? Let's say it's some 3-hour movie. My game is now 5 minutes of a movie. What makes you think it's going to continue to be so shitty? Of course, it could be, but you're not sure about that yet. I'm not saying I'm going to change anything just because you don't like it, I'm making my story the way I came up with it. Could things change for the better? - Maybe. Or will things get worse? I'm not ruling it out.

If you're saying it's shit now and you won't play it anymore, that's your choice.

As one user wrote above, I know things you don't, but I want to show you them. I can't do that right away.

MC is wimpy? Why would he be an alpha male? He lived in a house with 3 girls, what do you think he should be? We can't all be heroes willing to fuck anything that moves.

I'm already trying to give players a choice, you may have noticed that. Even now, every choice will have consequences. And those consequences aren't just skipping some scenes, if one thing doesn't happen, something else will happen. That's what I want to do. Is there something you don't like? What makes you think you can't avoid it? Of course, there will still be some main line of events, but trust me, you'll have plenty of choices.

Harem tag. A lot of people don't understand why it's there. If I added it then I know what I'm doing.

I don't want to say many things since I want to make an interesting story, many bad things in the game are there, I see them too, not just you. But maybe you could give me some time?

I was distraught by some of the comments today as it's my hard work that I put a lot of effort into.

Best wishes.
well, it's your game but we have a right to criticize what you have shown us so far and make conclusions from it.
Like you said YOU ONLY know what's going to happen next, we do not, so we take what we have seen
and we talk about it, and so far, most of us is not liking what we are seeing so far with the characters.

No one asked for an "alpha male," just not some beta mc that shows no assertiveness and gets shitted on and
manipulated. You can have a solid average MC who is a nice guy without him being a pushover.
he doesn't even have to be this "pussy slayer" either, just a regular and average guy.
I live in a house FILLED with women with 3 sisters me being the only male since my father passed,
that has nothing to do with being a wimp or soft, I am an average guy irl. A little of an asshole, but still a nice guy.

so far the mc is wimpy, and he doesn't act how he should in most situations. He should be furious with Molly, but he was not.

Devs make these losers timid MCs afraid of women and afraid of conflict with them and it's tiring that's why people are complaining about it... We don't need YES MEN MCs that will do anything just because someone tells them to, and falls under pressure.

It's a balance with it, It's no need for uber-asshole gigachad, and a wimpy to agree.

A nice in-between when an MC knows when it's time to get real and act accordingly, And when it's time to mellow out.

Molly's excuse on why she broke up with him and that "act" does not justify her at all, it makes her look just as worse for one being stupid and not just talking with the MC instead of doing that, causing him pain and hurt from it.

you don't hurt anyone you claim you, love, then after the fact she wants to jump on his cock acting like what she did was nothing serious.

I did not like that at all, She not once seems torn over it, and then she claim she is jealous if you do decide
to drop her so either way it seems she is still gonna be around like some crazy ex-stalker.

And most of the LIs are unlikable, including his "not sisters" As well.
Lana walks all over him and the other one too.

Take this as feedback and decide whether to make changes or not, no one told you to do anything, this is an open forum
where you gonna get feedback good or bad from your game.

Don't be upset by it, take the feedback or not, it's up to you.
you gonna get assholes like me, who are blunt with you, and you are not.

that's just how it goes.

But aye, Good luck with your game and don't become discouraged over the feedback.

Last edited:

Vax Morale

Dec 26, 2022

First I have to thank you for your feedback, it really means a lot to me and I appreciate it. Thank you.

The biggest thing that bothers me. Premature conclusions about the game. Of course that's your right and I'm not going to take it away from you. But when we watch some movie, do we jump to conclusions about it after 5 minutes of watching it? Let's say it's some 3-hour movie. My game is now 5 minutes of a movie. What makes you think it's going to continue to be so shitty? Of course it could be, but you're not sure about that yet. I'm not saying I'm going to change anything just because you don't like it, I'm making my story the way I came up with it. Could things change for the better? - Maybe. Or will things get worse? I'm not ruling it out.

MC is wimpy? Why would he be an alpha male? He lived in a house with 3 girls, what do you think he should be? We can't all be heroes who are willing to fuck anything that moves.

I'm already trying to give players a choice, you may have noticed that. Even now, every choice will have consequences. And those consequences aren't just skipping some scenes, if one thing doesn't happen, something else will happen. That's what I want to do. If there's something you don't like? What makes you think you can't avoid it? Of course, there will still be some main line of events, but trust me, you'll have plenty of choices.

Harem tag. A lot of people don't understand why it's there. If I added it then I know what I'm doing, don't you think?

I really don't want to say many things since I want to make an interesting story, many bad things in the game are there, I see them too, not just you. But maybe you could give me some time?

I was really upset by some of the comments today as its my hard work that I put a lot of effort into.

Best wishes.
I mean he doesn't have to be an alpha male but could just act more like a normal dude.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
But when we watch some movie, do we jump to conclusions about it after 5 minutes of watching it?
yep I do, and I'm more often right then I care about it. We are Human we see something, we judge something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

How about a normal MC that's all I'm asking for. The MC should be simply normal, not some chick magnet, and not some maladjusted wimp that gets walked over by anybody and their dog.
You don't need to fuck everyone to not bending backwards to cater to every whim any female in your vicinity displays.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Since I'm one of the posters who have written negative comments, I'll say that while I do find all characters dislikeable I also find the game to be very entertaining and I am eagerly awaiting what you will do with this. So I hope I haven't discouraged you too much.
Why are "wimpy" and "alpha male" the only options? There are too few MCs who are actually just a normal guy (or girl). Someone who won't fuck anything that moves but still isn't wimpy.

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
I'm not gonna talk about Molly, because I don't have anything new to add, one thing I really don't get though, is why so many devs think the MC has to either be a giga-Chad, who whips his cock out and fucks everything that moves or a timid yes-man, afraid of his own shadow. There's a whole lot of space in between those two extremes and that's where most people fit.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

Best wishes.
I think if the MC behaved a bit more like a normal person the game would improve a lot.

Also, I think that the sisters (or not sisters, it would possibly be more interesting to let the players choose the relationship between the different characters instead of calling each other by name and leaving it in limbo), I continue, they can be interesting LIs (but I think that any fetish, such as femdom or BDSM, should be completely and utterly avoidable, and the MC should improve his behavior to appear somewhat more adult)

Molly's explanation sounds like a hogwash to me, and I just don't see any way to get that LI to interest me.

In any case, the game is interesting, and I think it has a lot of potential.

Simulacrum29

Apr 20, 2018
To me Molly feels more like a foil for the MC than a true LI. Someone who creates drama only by being present. She has already sowed a seed of disharmony between MC and Lana.
well my "canon" playthrough would be avoiding molly at the shop and not meeting with her, because that's what MC wants according to his inner monologue.

and to be honest Molly is unpleasant on every Path, just every time by different means.

jclosed

Dec 3, 2019
Like others here, I would like to see an MC that's not a pushover that crawls into a corner when someone is even a touch unfriendly. I certainly don't want an alpha monkey male that thinks every woman it only there to be used. Far from that, because I really hate that type of guys in a VN. You can have a friendly MC that's attentive and open minded, but at the same time is able to resist pressure when it becomes unreasonable. A person that is helpful, but not a slave. A person that's friendly, but does not accept insults or injustice. A person that will do a lot for others, but is able to say no when he's in danger to be taken advantage off. You get the picture...

Take the above as a constructive criticism, because I only want an already well started VN to become even better. That's all there is to it. I wish you a lot of luck...

Chimba

Mar 6, 2020
MC is wimpy? Why would he be an alpha male? He lived in a house with 3 girls, what do you think he should be?
I'm only going to quote that part because it's what caught my attention, what concept do you have of someone who grows up in a house where the majority are women?

Do you think the person is going to be whiny, shy or submissive? Just as you ask "why should he be an alpha male" I wonder, "why should the MC be someone shy with no backbone"? who lets himself be bossed around and doesn't say anything?

It just needs to be a normal character who defends himself neither giga chad nor a "yes man", and several comments explained it better than me haha. (I grew up being the youngest and I can assure you if any of my sisters tried to boss me around we would end up in a fight without a doubt :KEK: )

Darkmessiah30

Jul 12, 2020
all of you are skipping over the most important thing Lana wants the MC something fierce and what did she do to the MC to get punished by Alice all she says is its something that she shouldnt do with your you know but what the fuck was it that she did

XV71

Feb 25, 2020
I don't know why devs are under the delusion that there can only be 2 types of mc's, giga-chad or a wimpy perv, ordinary people exist, I'm no game dev so I won't try to empathize, but I'd imagine when making a game even if its lacking in some departments, making sure your mc is somewhat likable should be a main priority, maybe I'm wrong.

GamleErik89

Sep 13, 2018
WARNING!: This one's going to be a bit long and probably of the IATAH variety.

MC is wimpy? Why would he be an alpha male? He lived in a house with 3 girls, what do you think he should be?
I'm only going to quote that part because it's what caught my attention, what concept do you have of someone who grows up in a house where the majority are women?

Do you think the person is going to be whiny, shy or submissive? Just as you ask "why should he be an alpha male" I wonder, "why should the MC be someone shy with no backbone"? who lets himself be bossed around and doesn't say anything?

It just needs to be a normal character who defends himself neither giga chad nor a "yes man", and several comments explained it better than me haha. (I grew up being the youngest and I can assure you if any of my sisters tried to boss me around we would end up in a fight without a doubt :KEK: )
I'll add to this as well ;)
I grew up as the oldest, with a single mother and four sisters. My almost never at home workaholic father got kicked out for infidelity when I was about 6. Thats a household of 5 women and me, the only guy of the bunch. I turned out damn near polar opposite of the doormat we see as MC. I know how to say no, I have a spine, and I still have self-respect. All without being a "giga-Chad".

If anything, I am far more petty and vicious when it comes to negative social interactions with women, cause I know what fucking vicious backstabbing vultures they can(*) be, even with their "bffs for life", so I do not take bratty and outright shitty snide remarks lying down, and I fire back in kind cause it might actually hurt their feelings to get that treatment, as I usually do not care about whatever percieved "deep dig" of theirs, as they usually makes me laugh. Growing up in that enviromen taught me that women are far different soicial creatures than men. Would I die for them to protect them if needed? Sure, "happily"(can you really be happy to die though?:unsure:), but I still know to tell them, without question, to fuck off too. Especially when I get "volunteered" to be free manual labor for them, as if I do not have a life of my own. You know... Like a "normal"(i.e. average) dude without too many mental health issues.:HideThePain: And it feels more like the MC has some undisclosed mental health issues and/or disorders if anything. Cause his behavior is certainly not within "most norms".:unsure:

(*)I am not saying all women are, and neither am I saying it's the norm everywhere. But women are on average far more vicious when we're looking at the social culture of men vs women. They are far more socially aggressive thanks to biology(iirc that is:whistle:).

Now, I'll also adress this snippet:
The biggest thing that bothers me. Premature conclusions about the game. Of course that's your right and I'm not going to take it away from you. But when we watch some movie, do we jump to conclusions about it after 5 minutes of watching it? Let's say it's some 3-hour movie. My game is now 5 minutes of a movie. What makes you think it's going to continue to be so shitty? Of course it could be, but you're not sure about that yet. I'm not saying I'm going to change anything just because you don't like it, I'm making my story the way I came up with it. Could things change for the better? - Maybe. Or will things get worse? I'm not ruling it out. If you're saying it's shit now and you won't play it anymore, that's your choice.
Oh! But that's where you mess up, because those "just 5-10 minutes" is the most crucial. Do not forget that first impression is THE most important stage of any media. It literally makes or breaks entire fanchises as it usually sets the tone for the quality of the rest. Those 170-175 remaining minutes of the movie, for example, with a shit 5-10 minute beginning?! That is nearly 3 hours I am not willing to waste poorly. I am one, of perhaps many, who judges a movie within the first 5 to 10 minutes, as those minutes tells alot about the tone and quality of the rest. If those minutes where utter shit, the rest of the movie probably is too. It might get slightly better, but is it worth it? Most cases for me, it's not. So I move on to the next thing in the backlog. I want to enjoy those 3 hours, not just be "ok" with them. Spare time is rare for most people, so we'd rather not waste it poorly, so skipping over to the next thing on the list is the best option, as watching/playing something on the off chance it might be good, is illogical, when the next thing might turn out to be pretty damn good from the get-go. You need a compelling "hook" for readers to see value in reading/playing. Especially in the prologue and/or first chapter, depending on the length of, if there is one, the prologue.

And this one too:
So? I do not care about what you know. I, as the reader, care about what has been shown so far, and what I've read. I care about what we, the players/readers, know. And so far there is absolutely no hook at all. To be honest, all but one character is unlikeable in some irredeemable way as is, imo, and, it's the personality of the MC's fault. The only character that's somewhat likeable so far for me, is Alice.

And as XV71 said, I do not know why doormat or giga-chad MCs is the go to, as if there's not something like Average Joe Schmoe in-between those extremes too.

But you do you, and make the game how you envision it, and try not to feel personally attacked when people criticize your game/work. Sure, there might be shitposts, but you need to be prepared for the unpleasantries of harsh, and at times seemingly unfair, criticism, no matter the media, when publishing anything, and how to filter out the shitposts as irrelevant spam.

Good luck with your project, and dont give up. :) :coffee: I know it sucks ass to read posts like mine, but they are just one of many things to be prepared for, and it's not personal:HideThePain:

Edit: Added the missing p in "important". It bugged me when I noticed it. There's probably more grammatical errors, but that one was the one I noticed.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 10 Votes