Ghost0fOnyx

Feb 27, 2017
I really don't understand the obsession that some developers have with gigantic boobs and penises; what's up with that
I understand where you coming from, but for me Im guessing its kind of a thing similar to a "superhero" or "fantasy" body, we know its improbable and unlikely to exist in reality. But it still piques our interest and gives a great sense of disbelief. Personally I think in terms of using 3d models and renders larger penis sizes show the actual penetration and act of sex better, and like Ron White puts it " I like a big hard cock"

bonerland

Dec 28, 2017

Hi guys,

I hope you are all well.

We are getting close for the next update, I should have it done for next week.

I have had a little hiccup. I left my system rendering overnight only to return to it the next morning and see it had been reverting to using the CPU on the renders.

Nothing to worry about I thought at first. DAZstudio can be a bit buggy at times. I started doing some work when I noticed Iray was persistently falling back to rendering with the cpu instead of the gpu. Crap, so I try to find out what's going wrong.
Not to bore you with all the details but it seems my RTX 2080 ti is dying. Iray would no longer run on it without failing. I tested it on a few 3D games and they all crashed too.

Disaster I thought, but all was not lost. I've underclocked the memory on the card and now it's running stable again.
I'm not sure how much Iray relies on memory bandwidth, performance doesn't seem too degraded though.

So it could have been worse. I'm going to have to RMA the card but at least that can wait until the next update is done. Assuming it doesn't die completely before then.

Other than that progress has been good :)

Here's a couple of fun fun renders for you guys.

I wonder if I should do a super hero or cosplay series.

Thank you guys as always, take care.
A better Captain Marvel than Brie Larson, that's for sure.

bonerland

Dec 28, 2017
I understand where you coming from, but for me Im guessing its kind of a thing similar to a "superhero" or "fantasy" body, we know its improbable and unlikely to exist in reality. But it still piques our interest and gives a great sense of disbelief. Personally I think in terms of using 3d models and renders larger penis sizes show the actual penetration and act of sex better, and like Ron White puts it " I like a big hard cock"
Technically, that was his cousin Ray.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Interesting that the Dev's graphics card seems to be doing a slow burn downwards ... as more Devs crank out these 3D games, I wonder if we'll be hearing more frequent stories such as this about amateur hardware.

Reactions: BoykaBoykov

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Interesting that the Dev's graphics card seems to be doing a slow burn downwards ... as more Devs crank out these 3D games, I wonder if we'll be hearing more frequent stories such as this about amateur hardware.
The latest Nvidia cards have really big and complex GPU's. Factor in that it is also a new design: there is bound to be some issues with reliability in the first generation of new cards, which the dev has one of. It is not unheard and it shouldn't be to big of a deal.
I just hope the turn around on that RMA is fast, some stores make you wait 4-6 weeks depending on where you bought it and if replacements are not available.....They rather sell new supply then use one for customer service.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
The latest Nvidia cards have really big and complex GPU's. Factor in that it is also a new design: there is bound to be some issues with reliability in the first generation of new cards, which the dev has one of. It is not unheard and it shouldn't be to big of a deal.
I just hope the turn around on that RMA is fast, some stores make you wait 4-6 weeks depending on where you bought it and if replacements are not available.....They rather sell new supply then use one for customer service.
Yes, since we don't know for certain that this is new tech vs overuse (or cooling issues), I was just thinking out loud that the more complex and intricate the 3D game graphics have been getting, that might naturally lead to h/w issues in general (even for older GPUs). For example, I have used 3 discreet GPU cards since last year yet I'm still tweaking my cooling flows to give them the best chance possible for avoiding unnecessary heat issues.

terroralpha

May 1, 2017
it has nothing to do with "amateur" hardware, it's just that nvidia's turing suck dick. im on my THIRD RTX 2080Ti, and I haven't been gaming much in the last year or so because i've been busy at work and traveling. my first 2080Ti died on day 3, while watching a youtube video. i had not done anything with it. zero gaming, overclocking, rendering, etc. just outlook, excel and chrome. it started artifacting then completely croaked the next day.

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
it has nothing to do with "amateur" hardware, it's just that nvidia's turing suck dick. im on my THIRD RTX 2080Ti, and I haven't been gaming much in the last year or so because i've been busy at work and traveling. my first 2080Ti died on day 3, while watching a youtube video. i had not done anything with it. zero gaming, overclocking, rendering, etc. just outlook, excel and chrome. it started artifacting then completely croaked the next day.
Sorry to hear about your experiences with the newer 2080 Ti cards, but my point was about how workstation cards are typically geared for operational stability while gaming cards are typically used for speed bursts and overclocking - so, when the gaming cards are run for hours+days at a time on long render batches, it's possible that their driver settings haven't been tuned down by the Dev and that could affect the lifetime stability of the card. This is even before we talk about ECC vs non-ECC, driver differences, warranties, etc.

To your point, the 2080 Ti cards definitely came out with a bad batch for awhile (especially those ill-fated FE models) and although the initial rampup of BSOD, artifacting, etc. reports seems to have died down, I guess there are still problems out there with some of these cards, unfortunately. Hopefully it's not inherent to the architecture.

Which gets back to my point about gaming vs workstation cards and how they are intended to run over the long haul. Would be interesting to see some stats on reliability and stability of the latest Turing-based Quadro cards vs the 20x0 gaming types, I feel.

Reactions: Britfinder13
U

User_257412

To your point, the 2080 Ti cards definitely came out with a bad batch for awhile (especially those ill-fated FE models) and although the initial rampup of BSOD, artifacting, etc. reports seems to have died down, I guess there are still problems out there with some of these cards, unfortunately. Hopefully it's not inherent to the architecture.
Micron DDR6 overheating was an hefty issue even when Ngreedia switched for Samsung DDR6, because vast majority of retailers still had to sell thoose batches w/o losing profit, also lower tier GPU suffered from artifacts, which leads me to assume it's the issue within 12nm rushed adaptation. Basically, just revised your own words

terroralpha

May 1, 2017
Micron DDR6 overheating was an hefty issue even when Ngreedia switched for Samsung DDR6, because vast majority of retailers still had to sell thoose batches w/o losing profit, also lower tier GPU suffered from artifacts, which leads me to assume it's the issue within 12nm rushed adaptation. Basically, just revised your own words
both of my failed 2080Ti cards had samsung memory. my current one also has samsung memory, this one has been working fine since october.

but back on topic, has it really been 2 months since last release? this update better be huge

4.20 star(s) 196 Votes