Ren'Py Abandoned The Watch [v0.4] [Whisper Gaming]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

CaptMorgan76

May 10, 2018
let me know when the Dev pulls his head out and fixes the mechanics of this game and loses the stupid sneak mini game!...

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Dec 3 at 2:23am
No update
No update this week. Happy holidays, everyone!

Dec 8 at 2:53am
V0.4 Progress Report

Hope everyone's enjoying their holiday season.
V0.4 is already in development. We fixed a couple bugs and started adding new content. Thanks, as always, to those who report bugs. They're usually pretty easy to fix, it's just a matter of finding them. And, when you guys point them out to us it makes the process pretty painless.
For the sake of full transparency, you should know not to expect a 'massive' update. At this point in its financial development, The Watch unfortunately has to, occasionally, take a back seat to our day jobs.
We're still working on it. We are still on schedule to hit our early January release date, and hopefully it will include everything on our content list. We just want to keep everyone up to speed.
Speaking of new content, we did a poll a couple weeks ago and the patrons have decided we should focus more on "bad guy" content. We'll obviously still add some content to as many paths as we can, but that's where our focus will be.
Details coming soon!

Reactions: Reifon

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
Mr. Dawson is at the door for collecting his money and right when I say "I can pay the difference", the game crashes each time with this error:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/room9h.rpy", line 97, in <module>
NameError: name 'bruceowend' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "G:\Games\The Watch 0.3-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 316, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "G:\Games\The Watch 0.3-pc\renpy\main.py", line 578, in main
run(restart)
File "G:\Games\The Watch 0.3-pc\renpy\main.py", line 143, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "G:\Games\The Watch 0.3-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 908, in run_context
context.run()
File "room1pc.rpyc", line 8, in script call
File "intro.rpyc", line 603, in script call
File "intro.rpyc", line 289, in script call
etc etc etc
Complete text file attached.

Sanjr

Oct 18, 2019
How the fuck do I progress and is there any walkthrough?
Don't know but i think this game is at early stage of development. I guess all issue will be fixed but until now it's a premature game. So, we have to wait several update to play this game without hesitate.

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I don't get this game.

Typos
Missing images
Image 'b-transitions-enter04m' not found
Game is heavy on loading/saving/transitions/going through text
Major Grind
Extreme costs.
Story and characters that don't make sense.

Who are the characters to each other?
MC is convicted of Arson/Murder of his Male Friend's Father who was married to Maggie.
Where is the male friend and are they ever mentioned again? Not that I have seen.
Evie is someone who the MC had letters sent to him in prison while he was away, she lives with Maggie/Skyla but is their roommate and they all move around together and end up at some lady named "aunt" which no clarification on who's aunt it might be.
Evie is a prison penpal? Since there is no mention about a friendship of her before hand.
Weirdly the story makes it seem like Maggie, Evie, Skyla and MC were all "roommates" before the fire. Then after the fire MC goes to prison, but the 3 of them literally stick together moving around like a homeless bunch (instead of going to each of their own family/friends) until landing at "Aunt's" and then Mr. Dawson giving them a place, where MC is then shoved back in.
Also Dan says that Skyla and him were using MC's room, so seems like they are stealing and tricking the MC from the start.
You get to give a "nick name" or the relation you are to Maggie at the start, but you are then told she is your friend's mom, and you are her landlord... you learn all of this after giving her the designation though...
Skyla is the roommate of Evie/Maggie who is getting plowed by Dan.
Dan is Skyla's BF and honestly the only other nice person besides Evie.
Maggie one time refers to herself as "Your Maggie" so invasion of the body snatchers?
There is Mr. Dawson who is the husband's old business partner and has the ability to get the MC out of prison, but only decided to do it after offered money, which then there is a mention MC has to pay off a debt to Mr. Dawson cause he doesn't run a charity even though he got paid...
Somehow the guy has the ability to get people out of jail when they are only a business person and want their dead partner's documents.
His underling Ms Blondie is just there to be weird, and for some reason sucker punches you to get you out of jail.
Throw in an on the take Therapist who both informs on the MC to Mr. Dawson and to Maggie, while also getting info from both and drugs the MC.

Last edited:

Vojvoda

Mar 21, 2019
Mr. Dawson is at the door for collecting his money and right when I say "I can pay the difference", the game crashes each time with this error:

what collecting money ??? i play this game 3 times from start and never had this scene !!!

Tomy75

Sep 27, 2018
Vojvoda he comes at the door with the lady you saw during the intro for collecting money but after XX days (don't know how many days):

Capture.JPG

And right after this, the game crashes...

WhisperGaming

Sep 6, 2019

Thanks for this. Simple typo, should be fixed in the upcoming release.

I started playing and have no clue what to do to increase anything mini game seems to be a joke. Anything below 50 or lower needs you to hit the lower green buttons anything 60 needs the great one but anything past that seems to fail. I used one of the ingame resources and changed the turds faces out with it.

But one way to bypass the mini game is togo to a door and then save then click the game if it has a high ass number reload the save and you should have a different number.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I want to know how she sneaks her boyturd and herself past the MC while he's standing right there or even right in front of her bedroom door?

Also if the fucking doors are all locked how the fuck does Dan get the fuck into the house?
You can actually disable the mini-game in the Preferences, or make it easier.

In regards to the 'boyturd,' I might still add a transition scene where the player sees him if you're standing right in front of his door. I just don't have a transition framework setup for his character since he's mostly optional. Speaking of being optional, he gets in because the front door is left unlocked for him, which you can see for yourself if you go into the hallway before he gets there.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Yeah, boring....
Unren.bat, and try these via the console at least gives you the ability to sneak into the rooms...still boring tho. Not sure if the dev is trying to put us off this one from the start or what? Has a heap of potential, but definitely the game play has not been thought thru at all!

There are so many fine examples of games with great gameplay, that's smooth and fluid like Timestamps, GGGB, JOHN to name a few. Be great if we could fund a movement to end the Grind!!!!! ;-)

sneak=99
sneak2=True
sneak3=True
sneak4=True
sneak7=True
sneaking=True
Every time i tried to use some of those commands i got this error:

Any idea of what might be going on?

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
v.0.4 Change Log:

The Watch [v0.4] [Whisper Gaming] (923 mb rar pc source)
240 mb rar unofficial pc compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):
234 mb rar unofficial mac compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):
done by Cruncher v0.4.1(BAS@f95zone)

TORRENT (PC, MAC and APK):

Last edited:

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
Is this still the same "grind like there's no tomorrow, just so you can see the bitchy sister getting fucked by her boyfriend" or did it get even worse?

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes