gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
The cabinet door below the keys is not opening per the walk-thru description.
(#broke ass game?)
in the walktrough is writen:
In the Mc room use the left arrow
Click on the top bottom of the drawers.
That means when you are in the mc room and clicks on the left arrow then you see the pc.And not the wardrobe.What is looks to me is that you have click on the right arrow instead the left

nim

May 6, 2017
The key might not be available until you actually need to get in the drawer/cabinet.
Game designer choices like this are ANNOYING. I was able to get the key ONLY AFTER going to the kitchen and fighting with the sister/roommate.

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
Game designer choices like this are ANNOYING. I was able to get the key ONLY AFTER going to the kitchen and fighting with the sister/roommate.
Nope, not after fighting with Adele, but after you talk to Janet. She will give you the task.

D

Deleted member 879257

Zee95
this problem appears when the mc at night has the choice to go to the mother, adele or angelina.
I chose the b route and loaded the incest patch.
I hope you can help me to solve the problem.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'Patch/4b 466-1Patched.jpg'>:
File "game/Chapter-4b.rpy", line 2469, in script
call screen mcraftfb1
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 485, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'Patch/4b 466-1Patched.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
call screen mcraftfb1
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\ast.py", line 1801, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\ast.py", line 1789, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\statements.py", line 169, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\exports.py", line 2655, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\display\core.py", line 2624, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\display\core.py", line 3098, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\display\core.py", line 2038, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 233, in renpy.display.render.render
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\display\layout.py", line 711, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 145, in renpy.display.render.render
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\display\layout.py", line 711, in render
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\display\screen.py", line 639, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
The Way
Sun Oct 13 16:34:25 2019

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Zee95
this problem appears when the mc at night has the choice to go to the mother, adele or angelina.
I chose the b route and loaded the incest patch.
I hope you can help me to solve the problem.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'Patch/4b 466-1Patched.jpg'>:
call screen mcraftfb1

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
call screen mcraftfb1
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\ast.py", line 1801, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\ast.py", line 1789, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\statements.py", line 169, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\exports.py", line 2655, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\display\core.py", line 2624, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\display\core.py", line 3098, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\display\core.py", line 2038, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 485, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\display\screen.py", line 639, in render
child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "E:\email code\Privat\Privat\The Way 0.26a-cr\The Way 0.26a-cr\renpy\loader.py", line 555, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.1.3218
The Way
Sun Oct 13 16:34:25 2019
this has nothing to do with the game itself.That cause by the incest patch.You forget to copy the image folder from that

Reactions: Zee95

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
0.27-2.jpg

0.27 Progress report.
Hello, friends! I'd like to share with you the progress. I planned to finish this branch of the game with one update. I guess I won't be able to do it. But as I promised, the update will be pretty big. What has already been done:
200 renders.
10 animations.
70-80% of the text.
I plan to release an update by the end of the month, or the beginning of the next month.

zielony2

Dec 16, 2017
So
View attachment 432017

0.27 Progress report.
Hello, friends! I'd like to share with you the progress. I planned to finish this branch of the game with one update. I guess I won't be able to do it. But as I promised, the update will be pretty big. What has already been done:
200 renders.
10 animations.
70-80% of the text.
I plan to release an update by the end of the month, or the beginning of the next month.
So good story, its bad to just finish...

Reactions: Zee95

Christurtle

Jan 13, 2019
I'm wondering what song is playing when Angelina visits him when he's in the bathtub j. The bathroom. I like the chill vibe

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
5b 1.jpg

The Way 0.27b (Soon)
Hey, friends. I want to share with you the progress of development.
I haven't had enough time to implement all my plans this month... as usual, but I have been working hard and the next update will contain about 360 renders, 16 animations. Today I plan to finish the visual part of the game. And from tomorrow I will be working on the code and text. I think I'll finish all the work during the week.

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
Zee95 hey buddy,
you don't have to justify yourself if you didn't do what you wanted.The most people here know that you have a job and this is import more that your game.I have now 3 days free so i waiting for the next version.Also make hurry :p.

Zee95

Game Developer
Sep 17, 2017
Untitled-1.gif

Changes coming!
Hi, guys! Glad to inform you that in about a month or two the game will undergo quite a big change. I'm working on a complete adaptation of the characters. That means we'll get better character expressions, better emotions, and much better animation! And perhaps animated hair... If it doesn't take me long (I mean hair).
About the upcoming update. The update is in its final stages. All text is written, all dialogues are written. Now I am testing. Then the dialogs will be passed to Doug for edition. And afterwards, the release. I think we'll be done by the fifth of November.

3.70 star(s) 44 Votes