VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Weighting Game [v0.7] [Tiggertoo]

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Ziolou

Jun 1, 2020
This is shame that He "ragequite" , but what can I Do, This is his choice and I respect what He decided... . Personaly, I was ready to pay and support him for his project (download the official version from his patron) but when I saw his thread and when He write that It getting in an undefinitely pause, followed by the latest version of the nouvel, I was happy because He release à version of the 0.7 game for free but i was also sad because It could be the last version of the game for a Very long moment....

Floyd_UK

Oct 29, 2020
I'm not sure I get the 'ragequit' that's been mentioned here and elsewhere.

I said many times that the constant piracy was wrecking my motivation to continue. I even put a clear warning in the test version of 0.7 saying that if it happened again before the game was finished then that would be it. The game was leaked before I'd even finished debugging it and enough was enough. I simply did what I said I would do.

That said, it was a stupid move to pull the download links straight away, which is why I decided to simply give the game away to everyone. The text preceeding the links on Weightgaming does make it clear that it's the more or less debugged version and not the test version. I guess nobody ever reads what I write :p

• Hey there
Reactions: L0b0ts

Ziolou

Jun 1, 2020

I said many times that the constant piracy was wrecking my motivation to continue. I even put a clear warning in the test version of 0.7 saying that if it happened again before the game was finished then that would be it. The game was leaked before I'd even finished debugging it and enough was enough. I simply did what I said I would do.

That said, it was a stupid move to pull the download links straight away, which is why I decided to simply give the game away to everyone. The text preceeding the links on Weightgaming does make it clear that it's the more or less debugged version and not the test version. I guess nobody ever reads what I write :p
Sorry I wrote what I understood, I have a Bad english, so now i'm Just sad that the game finish at the 0.7 version. I u wanna continue the game I'll be here to support u (on patreaon) like, I think, a lot of people ( in This thread for exemple,, don't We ?)

left1000

Sep 13, 2020

I'm not sure the kemono leak should've counted. People who use kemono literally cannot prevent it from ripping things they have access to. It's possible the leaker was a fan of yours who isn't even aware that they're the leaker. Unless you found a mirrored link elsewhere. It's entirely possible the pirate who was leaking your game took your warning to heed, but then failed to prevent it from leaking due to not knowing how to stop it.

If you were going to count the kemono leak, there was really no reason to give pirates a chance or a warning, it was unpreventable (the leaker would've had to unsub to you then make a new account on patreon to sub to you with). Then again maybe you did find some mirrored leaks elsewhere? (the only leaks I ever found were kemono ones though).

edit: To be constructive and to anyone reading this. One method that would've likely stopped an afk unaware kemono leaker would've been if you password protected the links and then direct messaged every single patron supporter you had the password. Yes the leaker could easily just share the password, but the key detail would be they'd have to want to. The automatic kemono rip would only include your patreon posts, and include the password protected link. Yes this would've been a lot of work, and yes it would've required the leaker to be a true fan who only ruined the game by accident, but well, if those things were true, a small step like this might've worked. Yes I'm making a wild guess, but I have no reason to suspect what I say might not be true, and if what I guess here is true, well, it's sad.

Last edited:

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
this is an unofficial android port The Weighting Game [v0.7] APK - MEGA

Did you port the version without tons of showstopping bugs? Which I personally call 0.7b, but tiggertoo released in the OP of his thread over on weightgaming and he called 0.7? Or did you port the 0.7 test version which was leaked by pirates and has so many bugs it's almost unplayable (also called 0.7)?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Did you port the version without tons of showstopping bugs? Which I personally call 0.7b, but tiggertoo released in the OP of his thread over on weightgaming and he called 0.7? Or did you port the 0.7 test version which was leaked by pirates and has so many bugs it's almost unplayable (also called 0.7)?
They port a lot of games, I don't think they actually play them so probably won't know.

Reactions: caxhub

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
They port a lot of games, I don't think they actually play them so probably won't know.
Makes sense, Just figured I'd bring it up because for some reason there's a nearly bugfree 0.7 and a nearly bugfull 0.7 one of which would be useful to port and one of which wouldn't, it's confusing (that's why I'm personally choosing to call the good one 0.7b), so there's a moderate chance they got it backwards.

I figure my post might help anyone who encounters showstopping bugs while playing the port (on the off chance it's the port of the wrong version.)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Makes sense, Just figured I'd bring it up because for some reason there's a nearly bugfree 0.7 and a nearly bugfull 0.7 one of which would be useful to port and one of which wouldn't, it's confusing (that's why I'm personally choosing to call the good one 0.7b), so there's a moderate chance they got it backwards.

I figure my post might help anyone who encounters showstopping bugs while playing the port (on the off chance it's the port of the wrong version.)
Oh, I totally get why you asked I didn't mean to sound like I was digging at you if that's how it came across.

Just they seem to port a hell of a lot of games so they may not know what's going on in that particular version. Dev kinda shit the bed with calling both the broken and fixed 0.7 and not separating them.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
Oh, I totally get why you asked I didn't mean to sound like I was digging at you if that's how it came across.

Just they seem to port a hell of a lot of games so they may not know what's going on in that particular version. Dev kinda shit the bed with calling both the broken and fixed 0.7 and not separating them.
Well in his defense, only pirates were likely to be confused by the names, as the leak he officially made himself in public is just the best version that exists. So you'd have to avoid that post in order to have the wrong one.

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
is the "call alice" button supposed to disappear at some point (~day 55) or do i have the buggy version?
That is the most widely reported bug that is already fixed in the most final released version (on his official forum thread, in the OP).

Essentially pirates never bothered to update their "leak". Because the author himself released a final leak in his own name which was the best version. So, yeah, the pirated version is the beta/test/buggy version.

judgenot93

Feb 9, 2019
That is the most widely reported bug that is already fixed in the most final released version (on his official forum thread, in the OP).

Essentially pirates never bothered to update their "leak". Because the author himself released a final leak in his own name which was the best version. So, yeah, the pirated version is the beta/test/buggy version.
that's where i downloaded it, but good to know it's a bug thx :-/

left1000

Sep 13, 2020
that's where i downloaded it, but good to know it's a bug thx :-/
It is actually not a bug though, not in the version from the OP. :-/ Also, uh days are irrelevant in this game. I'd like to help you but your description has been too vague to comprehend.

Floyd_UK

Oct 29, 2020
Yeah, I should have renamed it, but to be quite honest, I was so demoralised at that point that I just wanted to upload the game for everyone and forget about it. And to be fair, the only places the bugged version is still doing the rounds are piracy forums. That's hardly my fault...

For clarity, if the start screen on your version says 'V 0.7 Test' then you've got the outdated version. The (mostly) debugged version simply says 'V 0.7'.

Reactions: judgenot93

judgenot93

Feb 9, 2019
It is actually not a bug though, not in the version from the OP. :-/ Also, uh days are irrelevant in this game. I'd like to help you but your description has been too vague to comprehend.
thank you, i tried replicating it, loaded an old save and it didn't happen again, so all good now even though i still don't have a clue what wasn't working.

Floyd_UK

Oct 29, 2020
What's worse than a grindy VN? A player who doesn't bother to check what he's playing, then complains about it. It's a deliberately slow-paced game, and work in progress, meaning that a lot of things simply arent there yet. If you want instant gratification, go download Kate eats a cake and turns into an overnight blob.

3.80 star(s) 4 Votes