3.70 star(s) 78 Votes

Midnite Guerrilla

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
I'm going to look into all these issues but some are bizarre, like the missing audio files - they're in the folder that was compiled so why they're missing from the game is bewildering.

I'll just point out that none of these errors have yet been replicable by me or my testers, but I'll keep looking into it.

If in doubt, delete all savegames (in all locations) and start again. Bugs thrown up by old savegames, including mine, are much harder to track down because I don't know what version your savegame is from.

byskup

Apr 26, 2017
Walkthrough:
Follow everything in the walkthrough posted in the OP.
Day 6
1. Go to kitchen. Get money from counter. Do not go to the beach in the morning.
2. Check on Mrs Hunter in her bedroom.
3. Go to college.
4. Go to class (lecture room and click on desk) This is important.
5. Go to gym. Eavesdrop.
6. Go to training (Rosie will tell you where).
7. This will advance time to the afternoon so go downtown.
8. Your friends are in the cafe. You want to invite Mrs Hunter to beach.
9. Go home. Click on Mrs Hunter's bedroom. Click on her, invite her, go to hallway.
10. Go to beach. Stop Sandy. Don't fuck someone in front of Mrs Hunter, what's wrong with you?
11. Time will advance, go home. Look at the magazine, go to spare room. Enjoy. End of day.

Day 7:
1. Go to hallway. Say goodbye to your friends.
2. Go to college, go to class, go to training as above. This is very important. This will advance time.
3. Go to Sandy's. Fuck her. Explore her house. There's a door on the garage that leads to three basement.
4. Click on monitor. Click on desk. Click on pictures.
5. Go home.
6. Go to Mrs Hunter's bedroom. Click on closet. Find out about your birth father.
7. Go to kitchen. Speak to Mrs Hunter. Now it'll be the evening.
8. Go to club. Speak to Rebecca. Go in club. Speak to Rebecca. Speak to her again outside the club. Kiss her.
9. Go home. Go to bedroom.

Day 8:
1. Go to Mrs Hunter's bedroom.
2. Go to nudist beach.
3. Go to Mrs Hunter's bedroom.
4. Click on waiter.
5. Go to Mrs Hunter's bedroom.

End of update.

You can also check Mrs Hunter's journal every day, but this is not vital.

To avoid the bad end you need to attend class and attend training (every day so no skipping class to go to the beach). You need the photo from Mr Hunter's computer and the photos from Sandy's basement. Also don't upset Mrs Hunter by fucking Sandy in front of her.
I did everything from above but on 8th Sept it gives me Game over right in the morning

clb6988

May 24, 2019
I'll look into the card game bug. That is not new content in this version, in fact it's from two versions ago, so I don't understand why it's broken since I haven't touched the code. But until someone posts the actual error text they are getting, it'll take me a while. "It's broken" doesn't tell me much or help me hunt down the problem. But I'll do my best.

The quick fix is to turn gameplay off on the settings for the card game.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'backgrounds/card_game.webp'>:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/card_game.webp'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/3_card_game.rpyc", line 135, in script
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Wish v.0.9
Sun May 03 01:31:02 2020

Midnite Guerrilla

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Idk that is how it ended for me. wasnt sure if that was the end.
I'm getting an error right after we suggest strip poker. View attachment 642677
This is fixed in the latest version.

im getting countless errors for the first day in college. both the wrestling scenes at the gym and the shower scene in the locker room. ive already downloaded 0.9.1.
What are these errors?

I did everything from above but on 8th Sept it gives me Game over right in the morning
What is the game over text?

I've added a hotfix to the OP. Hopefully this fixes the errors that have been explained to me. Like I said, I don't get any of these problems. The audio is there, the card game background is there when I play it through on my computer. Recommendation is not to use an old save game. There is a walkthrough posted that, if you follow it precisely, will result in a good ending.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'backgrounds/card_game.webp'>:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/3_card_game.rpyc", line 135, in script
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 675, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "F:\TheWish-v09-pc\TheWish-v.0.9-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Wish v.0.9
Sun May 03 01:31:02 2020
This is code from an old version. I can tell for two reasons:
  1. In the latest version there is a file called card_game.webp in "images/backgrounds/"
  2. In the latest version it looks for the file in "images/" not "images/backgrounds/"
Why you're getting this error is beyond me. Try deleting the game and reinstalling it, applying the hotfix and then playing it.

Why these old fixed errors keep cropping up, I don't know.

My error code is from a fresh install btw.
Have you played the game before. Renpy stores data in multiple locations and I'm wondering if it's caching some old data and that's what's causing this problem. The hotfix might solve that. Best thing to do is delete all the old data. I don't know where it's kept on a Mac, but on a PC it's in "AppData\Roaming\RenPy"

I have replicated the user experience as best I can by downloading and playing the version here and not found the errors people have been having. But I clean out files from "AppData\Roaming\RenPy".

Johnny6

Feb 18, 2018
Because all the whinings, complaints and bug reports, I'd like to say I played this update without any problems. Keep up the good work, I really looking forward to next update and scenes with my love Mrs Joanna Hunter.

Midnite Guerrilla

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Because all the whinings, complaints and bug reports, I'd like to say I played this update without any problems. Keep up the good work, I really looking forward to next update and scenes with my love Mrs Joanna Hunter.
I believe people are having these problems, I wish (lol) I knew why. There were some issues a couple of releases ago but these were all fixed last release after a marathon bug squashing session. These errors are ones that weren't in the last version and I haven't touched that part of the code since then. It's not even in the same files as the new code. The timestamps on the files it is in are from before January, the last release.

mundorex

Jan 11, 2018
Can someone post where the usb stick is?
If you can screenshot and point it out where it is. Thanks in advance!

Jeromutton360

Nov 16, 2017
I believe people are having these problems, I wish (lol) I knew why. There were some issues a couple of releases ago but these were all fixed last release after a marathon bug squashing session. These errors are ones that weren't in the last version and I haven't touched that part of the code since then. It's not even in the same files as the new code. The timestamps on the files it is in are from before January, the last release.
Yeah, apologies for my earlier post about the error. i had applied the patch that was provided a while ago to update the version 0.9.0 to 0.9.1. Anyways, no problems now, Papa Midnite. Thanks for resuming this project. Joanna is one of the few milfs that keep me coming back for more.

Unicron420

Dec 29, 2018
I tried ot find a solution but cannot seem to to find one. On day 6 when I talk to the friends and mom. I go to college and go to the lecture and its empty. Is there something I am doing wrong?

screansaver

Jul 5, 2018
This is my first playthrough and I'm really enjoying the game, and I've installed the patch too. Only thing is I can't progress past day 7 (Friday 7th Sept) I've been following these steps through the day:

2. Go to college, go to class, go to training.
3. Go to Sandy's. Fuck her. Explore her house & get to the basement
5. Go home.
6. Go to Mrs Hunter's bedroom. Click on closet. Find out about your birth father.
7. Go to kitchen. Speak to Mrs Hunter. Now it's evening time.
8. Go to club. Speak to Rebecca. Go in club. Speak to Rebecca. Speak to her again outside the club. Kiss her.

But I can't do step 8. Rebecca doesn't show up and when I click on the arrow on the door to 'the cave' it does nothing.
I've attached a copy of my save to this point. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this same problem and if they've found a fix or if anyone could provide a save just after entering the club. Thanks so much

Reactions: tetsuuuuuuuu

Lfake

Sep 26, 2018
Sorry guys i have problem with this,
I dont know what i can do when she knows my mother name and run to shes bedroom.
I must check on Joanna but it's no options when I go to her bedroom. Help Please

Reactions: leon02457

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
anyone know where to find the incest patch for this game as i cant find it anywhere
There is no patch needed just play the game follow the walkthrough and you will find the incest.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
This is my first playthrough and I'm really enjoying the game, and I've installed the patch too. Only thing is I can't progress past day 7 (Friday 7th Sept) I've been following these steps through the day:

2. Go to college, go to class, go to training.
3. Go to Sandy's. Fuck her. Explore her house & get to the basement
5. Go home.
7. Go to kitchen. Speak to Mrs Hunter. Now it's evening time.

But I can't do step 8. Rebecca doesn't show up and when I click on the arrow on the door to 'the cave' it does nothing.
I've attached a copy of my save to this point. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this same problem and if they've found a fix or if anyone could provide a save just after entering the club. Thanks so much
If Rebecca is not by the door when you get there on the outside then you did not ask for to meet you there and you need to redo that part to get her there.
Sorry guys i have problem with this,
I dont know what i can do when she knows my mother name and run to shes bedroom.
I must check on Joanna but it's no options when I go to her bedroom. Help Please
You need to get the walkthrough and follow it as it says because if you miss just 1 of the triggers then that will happen.

3.70 star(s) 78 Votes