3.70 star(s) 78 Votes

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I cant look computer photos.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'backgrounds/extras/extra_image_7.webp'>:
  File "game/scripts/laptop_photos.rpy", line 185, in <module>
IOError: Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/extras/extra_image_7.webp'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scripts/laptop_photos.rpyc", line 185, in script
  File "D:\Animated Games\Oynanmayı Bekleyenler\çok fazla var\Yeni İndirdim\TheWish-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\Animated Games\Oynanmayı Bekleyenler\çok fazla var\Yeni İndirdim\TheWish-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/scripts/laptop_photos.rpy", line 185, in <module>
  File "D:\Animated Games\Oynanmayı Bekleyenler\çok fazla var\Yeni İndirdim\TheWish-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1480, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\Animated Games\Oynanmayı Bekleyenler\çok fazla var\Yeni İndirdim\TheWish-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Animated Games\Oynanmayı Bekleyenler\çok fazla var\Yeni İndirdim\TheWish-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\Animated Games\Oynanmayı Bekleyenler\çok fazla var\Yeni İndirdim\TheWish-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3194, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\Animated Games\Oynanmayı Bekleyenler\çok fazla var\Yeni İndirdim\TheWish-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2094, in draw_screen
    renpy.config.screen_height,
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 490, in renpy.display.render.render_screen (gen\renpy.display.render.c:6805)
    rv = render(root, width, height, st, st)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
    rv = d.render(widtho, heighto, st, at)
  File "D:\Animated Games\Oynanmayı Bekleyenler\çok fazla var\Yeni İndirdim\TheWish-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
    cpdef render(d, object widtho, object heighto, double st, double at):
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 259, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:3520)
  File "D:\Animated Games\Oynanmayı Bekleyenler\çok fazla var\Yeni İndirdim\TheWish-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 722, in render
  File "renpy/display/render.pyx", line 166, in renpy.display.render.render (gen\renpy.display.render.c:4075)
  File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
  File "D:\Animated Games\Oynanmayı Bekleyenler\çok fazla var\Yeni İndirdim\TheWish-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 500, in render
    return wrap_render(self.target, width, height, st, at)
  File "D:\Animated Games\Oynanmayı Bekleyenler\çok fazla var\Yeni İndirdim\TheWish-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\image.py", line 306, in wrap_render
    rend = render(child, w, h, st, at)
  File "D:\Animated Games\Oynanmayı Bekleyenler\çok fazla var\Yeni İndirdim\TheWish-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 583, in render
    return cache.get(self, render=True)
  File "D:\Animated Games\Oynanmayı Bekleyenler\çok fazla var\Yeni İndirdim\TheWish-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
    surf = image.load()
  File "D:\Animated Games\Oynanmayı Bekleyenler\çok fazla var\Yeni İndirdim\TheWish-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 628, in load
    surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
  File "D:\Animated Games\Oynanmayı Bekleyenler\çok fazla var\Yeni İndirdim\TheWish-v.0.9.1-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
    raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/extras/extra_image_7.webp'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Wish v.0.9.1
Sun May 03 17:35:08 2020

SatansSausage

Dec 30, 2018
I'll look into the card game bug. That is not new content in this version, in fact it's from two versions ago, so I don't understand why it's broken since I haven't touched the code. But until someone posts the actual error text they are getting, it'll take me a while. "It's broken" doesn't tell me much or help me hunt down the problem. But I'll do my best.

The quick fix is to turn gameplay off on the settings for the card game.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I'm pretty sure he's referring to the landlady as the mc's mom.
Yes and MC finds that out in the game as it is.
NO PATCH NEEDED for incest to happen.
Just follow the walkthough and it will happen.

Juddy

Nov 4, 2017
Just finished the latest version without any issues and I have to say its one of the best I have played for a while - Well done Midnite Guerilla - hopefully more to come in the future

Phenizzle

Apr 20, 2018
I am also stuck on the night of day 4. I go to check on Joanna but she is sleeping and nothing is interactable.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I am also stuck on the night of day 4. I go to check on Joanna but she is sleeping and nothing is interactable.
Then you missed one of the triggers so I would say get the walkthrough and follow it from the beginning and you can not miss it.
That is on the PC version anyway, that's all I play it on is PC.

sean wells

May 17, 2017
im stuck on finding inciminating photos and updating hacking software, i only have $30 i have no idea wat to do.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
im stuck on finding inciminating photos and updating hacking software, i only have $30 i have no idea wat to do.
Go to the study that you just got the key for and open the top small drawer and there is 20 bucks in there.
It tells you this in the walkthrough.

I hate having to use a walkthrough but this VN its a must because you have to do things in order and you can miss it without the walkthrough.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
thnx, now im just $5 short?
You have to get $5 every day to have the money but you can cheat it if you want to.
You must use the online "Save Editor" and find the amount you have and just add 5 to it.

This way you don't have to start over, hopefully you did not miss any other triggers.

Reactions: sean wells

Midnite Guerrilla

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Enable the console using the usual instructions. Open it and the variable is simply "game_cash".

So,
Python:
$ game_cash += 5
will give you $5.

H1M

Jun 8, 2017
I can't be the only one that sees that as a question about my morals, or am I crazy?
[/QUOTE]
I think you can be kicked out for a comment like that. Yes, you can take the door.
Just voicing their opinion and asking a question can get you kicked? Then what the F is the forum for... get a thicker skin or get lost seemed like a valid Opinion to me.

Midnite Guerrilla

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Ok. I have updated the OP to version 0.9.2. This will be the last version before the final release. I have played this back and forth and the card game error does not appear. I have set the options to create a new platform-specific savegame folder in case that was the problem. I have (I think) made it very difficult if not impossible (nothing's impossible to a horny man) to use old save games, so use the walkthrough and play from the start to get the content. I haven't included a save game in this version in case that breaks things.

There's no new content, so if you've played from the start, you don't need to download. However, only save games made with this version will be compatible with the final version.

Edit: if this doesn't work then I guess the game is irreparably broken. I have spent my weekend on this and I'm beat. I still don't know why some people had faults and others didn't.

Schattenfang

May 29, 2017
Looking at images on the MC PC results in renpy errors.

For example:
IOError: Couldn't find file 'backgrounds/extras/extra_image_9.webp'.

Looking into the archives the extra_images are placed in 'images/extras'. Maybe the files were moved but the reference wasn't updated?

3.70 star(s) 78 Votes