VN Ren'Py Abandoned Their Beautiful World - Divinity [v0.1.1] [Bright Sun Studios]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Sorry for wasted posts as i had just restarted pc and went to do what u showed me and now both are fixed now but i did have a traceback with orphanage
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/hub_orphanage.rpy", line 130, in <module>
NameError: name 'orphange_money' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:

File "hub_random_events_outside.rpyc", line 65, in script call
File "hub_orphanage.rpyc", line 121, in script
File "C:\Users\Aces\Desktop\jen\TheirBeautifulWorld-Divinity-0.1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1729, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "C:\Users\Aces\Desktop\jen\TheirBeautifulWorld-Divinity-0.1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1943, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "C:\Users\Aces\Desktop\jen\TheirBeautifulWorld-Divinity-0.1.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1936, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/hub_orphanage.rpy", line 130, in <module>
NameError: name 'orphange_money' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.0.0.196
Their Beautiful World - Divinity 0.1.0
Fri Jul 27 16:25:07 2018
But as i just said i just went to do what u said and both are fine which i am very happy with now thank u so much ,im so happy i dont need to start again
Yep, that seems to be an issue with the patch not being installed correctly. The bug that crashes your game is definitely fixed in the 0.1.1 patch. How did you install the patch exactly?

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Thank you ,but not having Livia i was actually quite happy as so she is my favourite so far ,she's so cute when you speak to her:heartcoveredeyes: ,so that gives me more to look fwd to on the next update ,She's worth waiting for
In my mind Livia is the 'canon' option for the main character to go with. Obviously future games in this world won't mention who you dated as everyone is allowed to have their headcanon of which girl is the true love of the MC, but still. When I started writing her, I planned on making her the only girl the MC was already in love with. But I ditched that idea when I realized that would make the other options feel less real. As if the MC was just settling for someone else despite actually wanting Livia. So now she is sort of the girl who is by far the most difficult to romance, but also the one who is most worth it in the end.

Don't read this if you haven't read through the game ending yet:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Aces_high69

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
Will there ever be M/M down the road?
No, I'm afraid not. That isn't really my stick so to say. But it does fit with the Greek culture that the world of the game is inspired by, so if someone wants to create a mod for that, I'd be okay with that

Aces_high69

Jun 8, 2018
In my mind Livia is the 'canon' option for the main character to go with. Obviously future games in this world won't mention who you dated as everyone is allowed to have their headcanon of which girl is the true love of the MC, but still. When I started writing her, I planned on making her the only girl the MC was already in love with. But I ditched that idea when I realized that would make the other options feel less real. As if the MC was just settling for someone else despite actually wanting Livia. So now she is sort of the girl who is by far the most difficult to romance, but also the one who is most worth it in the end
She's won me already ,Don't get me wrong i do love the others too ,the mother is beautiful even the orphanage girls ,lily is my fave there, But Livia for me ,there is just that something about her .So thank you for spoiler alert i'll be really looking fwd to that.
As for the update i copied files from folder and pasted it into the game folder ,was that wrong?

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
@Aces_high69 That depends on what you mean with the game folder. Somewhere among the game files is an actual folder with the name 'game' (this folder includes the archive.rpa file). The files should go in that folder

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
@Bright Sun Studios ,sorry i wasn't very clear there but yes in the file titled Game
That should work.
The only thing I can think of is that maybe my own explanation wasn't clear enough. In the download file is a folder called 'game' and an instructions.txt file. In that 'game' folder are tons of .rpy files. Those are script files that need to be copied into the 'game' folder of the main game. Did you move the 'game' folder from the download or the files inside that folder? The script files need to be in the same folder as the archive.rpa file.

Another way to test if the patch is active is to open the quest log. Does the top quest display '600 Pleasure' or '[ending_pleasure] Pleasure'?

Aces_high69

Jun 8, 2018
600 pleasure And also a new quest has appeared saying get Livia another elf book which wasn't there before, i thought i had finished her quests as it said i had finished so i'm confused unless it didn't save last time

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
600 pleasure And also a new quest has appeared saying get Livia another elf book which wasn't there before, i thought i had finished her quests as it said i had finished so i'm confused unless it didn't save last time
That's weird. If it says 600 Pleasure, that means the patch is installed correctly. But I unzipped the version 0.1 build of the game and installed the patch and all your issues are not there in my build. The crash with the orphanage was a typo I fixed long ago, but for you it somehow still seems to be there.

The only thing I can do now is wait to see if other people also have problems with the patch as I don't know what's causing the patch to fail with certain bugs in your cause. I'll try to look more into this.

And the Livia quest has not changed in the patch, so you probably forgot to save as you said

Aces_high69

Jun 8, 2018
That's ok no problem thanks for your time and help , it's all fine now maybe i just needed to restart it because after i restarted pc its all working fine.So I've saved everything ,now i shall find my her another book :p

Bright Sun Studios

Game Developer
Nov 17, 2017
I think I've found the issue, but it's an issue everyone should be having. Turns out the files encrypted inside the archive.rpa file seem to override the files in the folder itself. Thus that archive.rpa file overrides the patched files inside the folder. I'll need to upload an entirely new build with the script files removed from the archive.rpa file so that they can be manually overridden with the patched files

Aces_high69

Jun 8, 2018
Wait and see if its an issue with others before doing that as if its just a a couple i don't mind restarting with a new game if it happens again,Doing that seems abit much and i feel bad if its only a few . How do a send u a private message and i can tell you what might have caused it

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
can you help out a brother with some basic console commands?
open console with <shift+o> and type
Code:
def cool(t):
    return "Yay!!!"
config.say_menu_text_filter = cool

Reactions: UncleVT
5.00 star(s) 3 Votes