Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020
For some reason this game totally died for me. The developer really has lousy plot planning. Cheers for this thread - I'm out and recanting my support. Cheerios!

Reactions: dussalant

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Cheers for the answer.

Plot-wise this was a dick move. Has no story merits and does not contribute in any way to growth of any characters because the MC just shrugs it off. Seems like he got bored with her.
It was a necessary thing the dev had to do. She won't be coming back ever, sadly.

I could see several possibilities for the reason. The dev didn't get hugely into the details, but I think saying it's "a dick move" is over the top. He even expressed regret that he had to stop using her in the story. It's not like he just one day made a villainous laugh, grabbed popcorn, and watched the players have a meltdown or something.

It is what it is. Those of us on this thread for a long time now went through losing her as well and have made peace with it.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
It was a necessary thing the dev had to do. She won't be coming back ever, sadly.

I could see several possibilities for the reason. The dev didn't get hugely into the details, but I think saying it's "a dick move" is over the top. He even expressed regret that he had to stop using her in the story. It's not like he just one day made a villainous laugh, grabbed popcorn, and watched the players have a meltdown or something.

It is what it is. Those of us on this thread for a long time now went through losing her as well and have made peace with it.
Many great writers in history have written themselves in to an unrecoverable plot hole. The question is what did they do. In such a case dropping a character may be necessary. We're consuming a VN in process. In theory the dev could do a rewrite, but is that a reasonable expectation? Unlike traditional novels, where only the finished product sees the light of day and rewrites are not only possible but in some cases demanded by publishers, the effort and delays to rewrite (rework) a VN is a massive roadblock to progress. I guarantee that if the dev has announced a rework to fix this, the same charge of dick move would have been leveled.

Face it. We're watching the sausage being made, and shouldn't expect a finished product until it's actually completed.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Balpheron

Jun 1, 2020

Whatever you call it doesn't make it any less true, but I do get your point. Still the reason must be personal, although I have issues as to knowing why that may be. Could be the dev wrote a character into the story that he shouldn't (real life person reference) or said character might remind them of someone they know. Either way, leaving people guessing or not giving a reason is a dick move. But I am too harsh here and am going through the same process as everyone else that had a connection with this character. I will make my own peace with it in due time. Cheers for a proper reply.

Many great writers in history have written themselves in to an unrecoverable plot hole. The question is what did they do. In such a case dropping a character may be necessary. We're consuming a VN in process. In theory the dev could do a rewrite, but is that a reasonable expectation? Unlike traditional novels, where only the finished product sees the light of day and rewrites are not only possible but in some cases demanded by publishers, the effort and delays to rewrite (rework) a VN is a massive roadblock to progress. I guarantee that if the dev has announced a rework to fix this, the same charge of dick move would have been leveled.

Face it. We're watching the sausage being made, and shouldn't expect a finished product until it's actually completed.
Quite true. I am in no way disillusioned that the same wouldn't be true for the developer. However, as I replied above I do believe this could have been handled differently and yet again, without any actual info on the reason behind the choice we won't know whether that is true or not. I'll bury my hatched and I thank you for the sober words. I should know this myself as I have been where the dev currently is and that should give me pause to reflect, however we are seeing a work in progress that is subject to change and since it is out and laid bare the story making progress in all it's phases becomes vulnerable. Cheers again.

3.50 star(s) 101 Votes