4.40 star(s) 71 Votes

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
I have no idea if any of the other scenes are similarly meaningful, but I know Ada's isn't (and that's the only other one I got to see).
Yea I talked about that earlier too. I played to see all the paths. Mira's is the only one that has that scene and it felt real weird to me how it is employed. Trying to give a message is fine and all but I think the execution here is lacking which is why I have a problem with the choice. Not that there needed to be one, but how. To me those scenes that came with her monologue are saying " see these people? Yea you left them high and dry when they needed your help" ...Then you go fuck cuz what do you care lmao.

Damn it I wrote more than I thought i would again. Deploying emergency spoiler.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This update broke the illusion for me because it caused me to look at the game from a meta perspective rather from within it, and thus I see it completely differently. I am looking behind the walls at all the nuts and bolt and I don't like what I am seeing.
Saying it makes sense because gameplay, isn't a cover. There is such a thing as bad game design. Compounded with everything else we have surmised about the plot...

It did get all of us talking about it. That's always good right?

Last edited:
Reactions: ferso111111

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
All the characters in this story have a messed up life, including the MC but somehow he is in the story to be their band-aid. But the catch is you can only "fix" one and then the game laughs at the player for trying lol.
I'm not sure you can even "fix" one of them. No matter which path you choose, the love interest you're with still has all the same problems.

Mira is still projecting her fantasies on you and using you as a crutch. Danielle is still using you as a proxy for Damon. Rose is just using you as an escape hatch from a self-destructing relationship. Ada still has commitment issues and can't face up to the conflict between what others want her to be versus who she wants to be. Naomi simultaneously craves the approval of others while having abandoment issues so deep you could park a bus in them. You're distracting them from their problems, but you're not helping them. They're not improving. They're not facing their flaws and attempting to cope with them. They're the same people after the "big event" as they were when you first met them.

The MC himself is also a mess, and shows no real signs of growth either. Sure, it may superficially seem like he's maturing (as he stops angsting over Naomi), but his original relationship ended because he's prone to grand gestures, conforms to what his partner wants out of the perfect relationship (at least on the surface), and is utterly incapable of dealing with his own emotions. Fast-forward to the present and he's still making grand gestures, effectively conforming to what the other person wants more than having his own expectations, and he's still utterly unable to process any of his emotions in anything resembling a healthy way (and he's happily laying down and being a doormat to Damon and others). He hasn't changed in the slightest, and the flaws that have made his life hell in the past are going to continue to do so.

I've used the term Manic Pixie Dream Boy to describe the main character in the past, but he's almost a deconstruction of it - he's an example of what would realistically happen if that sort of person drifted into other people's lives and became their "muse". They don't walk away with a newfound appreciation for life having overcome all their flaws. They just stay broken, flawed people who are going to feel even worse when the Dream Boy drifts back out of their life again.

Basically, literally everyone in this story needs to go to therapy. But preferrably not with either of the two therapists we've seen so far because both of them are also messes and should probably have their licenses revoked for the multiple ethical violations they're guilty of.

Maybe the true moral of the story is that you need to fix yourself and learn to love and respect yourself before you can ever have a healthy relationship with anyone else. And that if you wait for someone else to come along and fix you, you're going to wind up worse off than you were when you started.

Or maybe the real moral of the story is that someone needs to build a time machine and travel back to the past and murder Damon as a baby, because he's caused 97% of the problems in the story. He's like a reverse Midas - everything he touches turns to shit.

Sep 3, 2020
I'm not sure you can even "fix" one of them. No matter which path you choose, the love interest you're with still has all the same problems.

Mira is still projecting her fantasies on you and using you as a crutch. Danielle is still using you as a proxy for Damon. Rose is just using you as an escape hatch from a self-destructing relationship. Ada still has commitment issues and can't face up to the conflict between what others want her to be versus who she wants to be. Naomi simultaneously craves the approval of others while having abandoment issues so deep you could park a bus in them. You're distracting them from their problems, but you're not helping them. They're not improving. They're not facing their flaws and attempting to cope with them. They're the same people after the "big event" as they were when you first met them.

The MC himself is also a mess, and shows no real signs of growth either. Sure, it may superficially seem like he's maturing (as he stops angsting over Naomi), but his original relationship ended because he's prone to grand gestures, conforms to what his partner wants out of the perfect relationship (at least on the surface), and is utterly incapable of dealing with his own emotions. Fast-forward to the present and he's still making grand gestures, effectively conforming to what the other person wants more than having his own expectations, and he's still utterly unable to process any of his emotions in anything resembling a healthy way (and he's happily laying down and being a doormat to Damon and others). He hasn't changed in the slightest, and the flaws that have made his life hell in the past are going to continue to do so.

I've used the term Manic Pixie Dream Boy to describe the main character in the past, but he's almost a deconstruction of it - he's an example of what would realistically happen if that sort of person drifted into other people's lives and became their "muse". They don't walk away with a newfound appreciation for life having overcome all their flaws. They just stay broken, flawed people who are going to feel even worse when the Dream Boy drifts back out of their life again.

Basically, literally everyone in this story needs to go to therapy. But preferrably not with either of the two therapists we've seen so far because both of them are also messes and should probably have their licenses revoked for the multiple ethical violations they're guilty of.

Maybe the true moral of the story is that you need to fix yourself and learn to love and respect yourself before you can ever have a healthy relationship with anyone else. And that if you wait for someone else to come along and fix you, you're going to wind up worse off than you were when you started.

Or maybe the real moral of the story is that someone needs to build a time machine and travel back to the past and murder Damon as a baby, because he's caused 97% of the problems in the story. He's like a reverse Midas - everything he touches turns to shit.
correct my brother but to be fair

I just want to tell everybody in the game that's fuck me over to go straight to hell

then get the hell out of town marry Rose and start a family

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Just got one last thing to say on this situation:

Not gonna lie, I always though Becca was pretty cute. It may be my absolute love of redheads, it's just a shame she only has eyes for someone else (and is probably gay...or at least bisexual.).

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
I don't see how most of the relationships portrayed in this game end on a positive note, without it feeling ham-fisted or poorly written. I feel most of these relationships are too far gone to be salvageable. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, not every story needs a happy ending. For a game that was all but dead for a long time, the dev did a great job in hooking me back into this one again.

P.S. Sienna is hot as fuck, I need more of her, please.
I quite liked Sienna and the tall, tattooed girl, with the darker complexion. She was absolutely gorgeous!

Last edited:
Reactions: Raziel_8

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
Go back and read some of the scenes again. She makes no real effort to even really understand where he was coming from (in spite of the fact that she has literally experienced the same thing before), and after their initial argument neither one of them make an effort to even attempt to talk to each other. She explicitly tells you in the one scene that she's been abandoned multiple times in her life, so her default response to rejection is to run away - in essence, to reject the person back as a defense mechanism against being hurt. MC berates himself for never trying to contact her, but she did the exact same thing. She repeatedly mentions how she needs you to be there for her (and you promise you always will be because you're stupid teenagers and teenagers make grand gestures), but the FIRST TIME you have anything resembling a fight, she bails and never looks back. She makes no effort to understand you, reach out to you, or otherwise bridge the gap.

She isn't in love with you. She's in love with the idea of love. She has idealized your relationship into a perfect dream, and the moment that's called into question, she runs like hell. Your relationship wasn't love, it was two narcissists fucking (so their gay friend could live vicariously through them).

And all of that's before you get into questions like just how much she knew about your mother (she was acting incredibly shady at the dinner before your mother disappears), which would actually make her complicit in the problem and would justify your own response even more. Not to mention that the scene with her foster family comes across as a textbook example of a lot of her issues (which I've discussed in this topic before).

And the rest still stands. If you see their "happy" moments in the flashbacks, you realize their relationship was incredibly shallow. They have almost nothing in common apart from sex, and they barely relate to each other at all. It's very apparent that she was essentially latching on to you in exactly the same way most of the current love interests are - as a means of "fixing" her own problems. She even admits at one point that she basically wanted one person in her life who wouldn't leave her or want something from her. It's what made their break up so easy - they were barely a couple in the first place.

The fact that we're presented with MC's viewpoint from the start - where he is vastly over-romanticizing their relationship in the wake of its ending - can give you the wrong impression of what it actually was. But it's pretty obvious it was never really how he portrays it (which just makes him feel like even more of an overdramatic narcissistic crybaby himself for being so utterly broken up over it). It was a teen crush (and lots of sex), not a grand romances of the ages. Both of them would be way better off just getting over it and moving on.

Or to quote myself from another previous post I made:
True but Naomi was more on him than her everything else tho is ppl treating him like a piece of shit only slighty innocent ones are his dad and penny?

Crimsonfiend76

Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Rose is just as bad she does the typical imma cheat cause i think hes planning to cheat
I agree, I have no illusions about someone willing to cheat on their fiance with a stranger because they are upset their partner and spouse-to-be is still hung up on their Ex. I just find her somewhat sympathetic and very attractive. She's just one of the better LI options for me, but certainly not the best in a perfect world.

markel1000

Oct 27, 2020
I agree, I have no illusions about someone willing to cheat on their fiance with a stranger because they are upset their partner and spouse-to-be is still hung up on their Ex. I just find her somewhat sympathetic and very attractive. She's just one of the better LI options for me, but certainly not the best in a perfect world.
Yeah true shes proably the least worst option but still pretty bad in the grand scheme of things

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Yeah true shes proably the least worst option but still pretty bad in the grand scheme of things
Mira is the least bad, then Ada, Naomi, followed by Rose. They are the best of the worst. But, I've noticed that Mira and Rose are kind of pushed by the dev. Not sure why. Maybe those two are the actual main LIs. But, at least the dev has given us choices. As bad as they all are for one reason or the other. All are toxic in one way or the other. But the MC is fuckin toxic also. He's an enabler. He allows everyone to step on him and even defends a friend who is a piece of fuckin shit.

Reactions: Rannell

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020
It STILL make ZERO sense on why his mom just up and left without ANY communication. It's not like she couldn't still be there and get back with her ex-lover.
$500 bucks says that the writer will say she left without saying anything is because of doctor patient confidentiality, but that's fucking bullshit. What is going on with Damon HAS NOTHING to do with what is happening with her.

Last edited:

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020
It still dosent make much sense that the mom leaves just because shes a lesbian. Unless she had mabey been fucking Niomi behind the MC's back. They seem really close in the flash backs and when Naomi holds MC back when mom is on phone crying you can see in Naomi 's face she knows WTF is going on. and then the mom smirking when she sees them kissing on the bench. and both mom and Niomi getting sad that he is getting older and she wont see him "much" any more They both already knew she was leaving. Mom was probably fucking a few of the other LI's like Penny and maybe even Ada's mom and/or Dad. because he knew she was leaving and asked her how he could help.
Penny and Alexandra were lovers, not his mom. They both have one piece of the same earring set.

Reactions: bobobarbarian

bobobarbarian

May 1, 2021
It STILL make ZERO sense on why his mom just up and left without ANY communication. It's not like she couldn't still be there and get back with her ex-lover.
$500 bucks says that the writer will say she left without saying anything is because of doctor patient confidentiality, but that's fucking bullshit. What is going on with Damon HAS NOTHING to do with what is happening with her.
I totally agree and I caught that
FUCK I JUST FIGURED IT OUT.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I totally agree and I caught that
FUCK I JUST FIGURED IT OUT.
Plus, the night she collapsed, that fuckin phonecall that caused her to stress out and collapse. I'm pretty fucking sure it was MC's mom.

4.40 star(s) 71 Votes