4.40 star(s) 71 Votes

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Thank you! I completely forgot about that scene. Even though I like Rose I just have to pick Mira over her.
The irony is, in spite of the fact that I've been more or less avoiding Rose entirely (or treating her entirely professionally in scenes where she's in an official capacity as a cop), and Mira is one of the only two women I've shown any interest in at all (I'm basically avoiding anything that isn't Mira or Ada), I actually went after Rose in that scene rather than Mira.

Because of context - Rose's mom kind of is being a bit of a shit in that scene, and Rose being upset is completely understandable (especially with the Chris context). So I felt like, in that moment, Rose essentially needed me more than Mira did. Mira's embarrassed and time and space will help her get over it (and she does even if you don't talk to her there), but Rose is in a way worse mental and emotional state at that point and a little bit of human comfort would be a huge deal for her there. She already feels like no one is on her side - and then suddenly you're there for her, even though she knows you're closer to Mira than you are her. That feels way more meaningful than anything you could say or do for Mira at that point.

NukaCola

Engaged Member
Jul 1, 2017
The irony is, in spite of the fact that I've been more or less avoiding Rose entirely (or treating her entirely professionally in scenes where she's in an official capacity as a cop), and Mira is one of the only two women I've shown any interest in at all (I'm basically avoiding anything that isn't Mira or Ada), I actually went after Rose in that scene rather than Mira.

Because of context - Rose's mom kind of is being a bit of a shit in that scene, and Rose being upset is completely understandable (especially with the Chris context). So I felt like, in that moment, Rose essentially needed me more than Mira did. Mira's embarrassed and time and space will help her get over it (and she does even if you don't talk to her there), but Rose is in a way worse mental and emotional state at that point and a little bit of human comfort would be a huge deal for her there. She already feels like no one is on her side - and then suddenly you're there for her, even though she knows you're closer to Mira than you are her. That feels way more meaningful than anything you could say or do for Mira at that point.
That makes a lot of sense. I never think about it that much. I just follow whoever I like more :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: qaywsx

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
There are already so many LIs. Don't think it's gonna happen.
I definitely hope it doesn't. Too many games try to pad out their dev time or otherwise cater to Patreons by constantly adding new LIs, but the end result is that no one LI gets enough attention and the sheer number of options starts to get overwhelming after a while.

Games do best when they focus on a limited number of LIs and just put a ton of effort into each. Depth of character is much better than just breadth of lots of characters.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I definitely hope it doesn't. Too many games try to pad out their dev time or otherwise cater to Patreons by constantly adding new LIs, but the end result is that no one LI gets enough attention and the sheer number of options starts to get overwhelming after a while.

Games do best when they focus on a limited number of LIs and just put a ton of effort into each. Depth of character is much better than just breadth of lots of characters.
If it's not a harem game, then all you need is a handful of LIs. Writing a non-harem story with more than 3-5 LIs (and 5 is pushing it) is one hell of a challenge, for any writer. Which by the way, makes some of our favorites very impressive...

Reactions: qaywsx

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
If it's not a harem game, then all you need is a handful of LIs. Writing a non-harem story with more than 3-5 LIs (and 5 is pushing it) is one hell of a challenge, for any writer. Which by the way, makes some of our favorites very impressive...
Even for harem games, you kind of reach a point of diminishing returns where adding more LIs to the harem starts to feel more like overkill than something that adds to the game.

But yeah. It's not just a question of how good the writer is, but also simply how much time and resources they can devote to any given character. Every new character introduced is taking time away from someone else. The more side characters you introduce, the shallower all of the characters become. With too many LIs, it starts to feel like you're just dealing with a bunch of cardboard cut-outs with only one or two personality quirks each, and the only thing really distinguishing one from the other is what their models look like (or what fetishes the writing ties to their storyline).

For any writer with aspirations of telling a strong story or making characters who are vivid and interesting (instead of just churning out a jerk-off simulator), they pretty much need to rein in the instinct to keep adding characters and just focus on the core cast (which they preferably introduce early and then develop over time). A few minor side characters here or there is fine, but the main focus should always be on the main cast.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Even for harem games, you kind of reach a point of diminishing returns where adding more LIs to the harem starts to feel more like overkill than something that adds to the game.

But yeah. It's not just a question of how good the writer is, but also simply how much time and resources they can devote to any given character. Every new character introduced is taking time away from someone else. The more side characters you introduce, the shallower all of the characters become. With too many LIs, it starts to feel like you're just dealing with a bunch of cardboard cut-outs with only one or two personality quirks each, and the only thing really distinguishing one from the other is what their models look like (or what fetishes the writing ties to their storyline).

For any writer with aspirations of telling a strong story or making characters who are vivid and interesting (instead of just churning out a jerk-off simulator), they pretty much need to rein in the instinct to keep adding characters and just focus on the core cast (which they preferably introduce early and then develop over time). A few minor side characters here or there is fine, but the main focus should always be on the main cast.
I agree, it's a pet peeve of mine... Adding new LI as a game continues means the players have less time to get to know them versus a character that has been there from the beginning, the new characters have less chance of completing an arc, and they take time away from the established characters. For me the best number of LI is ~5, just enough for the player to have a choice but so many as to try to fill every niche/fetish. And I'm not really a harem fan. It makes choices regarding LI mostly meaningless.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Anyone else think that Becca is one sexy bitch. Like she acts tuff and bitchy but damn she looks hot. Can't wait to see future updates and more of her. Also i wonder how Naomi will act if Becca ends up with MC and note that Becca is her best friend.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Oh my,i just finishe Danielle route. What a manipulative bitch she is. I don't understand how anyone could be with her, let alone Damon, probably to cover his tracks. She used MC from the begining. At first she apeared sweet and caring, some could even think that MC have some chance with her, but in reallity it was all fake. Even if MC rejects her she makes it like "Hey you don't have a choice in the matter". I think by far that she's the worst female character in this game.

As for other female characters in version 0.4

Becca is definitely more interesting. Kinda act tuff and like a bitch but damn she's hot. Nex to it is Ericca, the one at pool party. Not a bad looking girl at all. Mira and Ada are definitely both sincere in comparison with Danielle. As for milfs Alexandra seams reachable, whonder if Viviene will also be in future updates?

Nevertheless i decided to keep Danielle's route open for now. The only route i don't plan to take is Naomi (MCs ex).

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I feel Sienna should be an LI. She genuiappreciates the fact that MC chose her for volleyball and they have an easy chemistry between them, right from the start. As long as she isn’t in a relationship, she’s a better choice than all the other LIs.

I have to admit that I’m not a fan of any of the LIs, so far. MC is supposed to be a bad boy. All I see is a naïve, delusional, wimpy Knight in Shining Armor. Upto now, MC either has to go out of his ways to help the LIs even before meeting them (Ada and Mira) or the LIs are screwing him cus they can’t get the man of their dreams (Danielle and Rose). Penny changes from a caring teacher to a depraved woman who wants MC’s young dick in the flip of a switch (which felt strange). Naomi is the best girl in the group, but I’m not a fan of stories where MC gets back with his ex.
Of all the new girls that came out in version 0.4 for me Erica is the best. She appears to me little aggressive but in kind of a way I like it. From older female characters I like Penny, Ada isn't bad and Mira. As for Danielle I'm more keen on ditching her after bs sex she pulled with MC. Like wth does she want? MC, Damon... I knew from the beginning that it's a mistake to take her route but still I wanted to have her route. Now I'm not sure.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
Danielle deepthroat skill is undeniable though
That and some other qualities. Like giving false hope to MC or misleading him and using him to get along with Damon even tho Damon break up with her. Only thing i blame Damon is for not making it clear to her that he doesn't want to have anything with her anymore so she can move on. Kinda wish also MC could move on and forget about Naomi. Like in update 4 when Naomi asks MC to see her foster parents, like wtf. MC could simply say "Kinda bussy" or something.

Reactions: NukaCola

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Oh my,i just finishe Danielle route. What a manipulative bitch she is. I don't understand how anyone could be with her, let alone Damon, probably to cover his tracks. She used MC from the begining. At first she apeared sweet and caring, some could even think that MC have some chance with her, but in reallity it was all fake. Even if MC rejects her she makes it like "Hey you don't have a choice in the matter". I think by far that she's the worst female character in this game.
Ehh, people complain about this, but honestly, she makes it pretty clear right from the start that she wants to get back with Damon, and is actively asking for your help to do so. If you're the one who's catching feelings and trying to turn the relationship into something more than that, it's kind of on you.

And honestly, it's not like she's openly portrayed as deliberately exploiting your interest to further her quest to get back with Damon. It's more like she's been focused so strongly on Damon that she's kind of confused by the fact that she's also sort of developing interest in you as well.

Sure, you can say it sucks that she's clearly more hung up on Damon than she is into you, but what do you expect when you start chasing after someone who's already strongly attached to someone else? It's the same boat (just in slightly different variations) for Ada and Rose, and to a lesser extent likely some of the other characters as well (even if we haven't seen the "other person" in every case).

Mira's about the only one who is devoted directly to you and you alone, but even there there's clearly "daddy issues" at work that are probably going to explode in people's faces in a later update.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Kinda wish also MC could move on and forget about Naomi. Like in update 4 when Naomi asks MC to see her foster parents, like wtf. MC could simply say "Kinda bussy" or something.
The good thing there is that you can at least go "Nah, I'm outta here" when they set you up to spend the night with her in the same room. So even if the game is forcing you to be her friend, it's not pushing all in on forcing you to get back together with her.

I kind of like the idea that he was only so hung up on her because they broke up without any real closure, and that getting that closure is allowing him to let go of the idea of them being together in favor of them just trying to keep things friendly (which is why I wish there was actually a "I'm not trying to get back together with her" option in the scene with Becca). Like, once he can let go of the feelings of guilt and self-pity, he kind of realizes that they were never really as good together as he was remembering, and it was all a bit of nostalgically idealizing the past anyway. So now he can move on without constantly self-sabotaging or angsting out.

Though I suppose that depends on how often the game forces us to do stuff with her in the future. I'm assuming there'll be at least a few more unavoidable scenes, but it would definitely be nice to have a few scenes where she wants to hang out but you can say no (or choose someone else to hang out with).

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
The good thing there is that you can at least go "Nah, I'm outta here" when they set you up to spend the night with her in the same room. So even if the game is forcing you to be her friend, it's not pushing all in on forcing you to get back together with her.

I kind of like the idea that he was only so hung up on her because they broke up without any real closure, and that getting that closure is allowing him to let go of the idea of them being together in favor of them just trying to keep things friendly (which is why I wish there was actually a "I'm not trying to get back together with her" option in the scene with Becca). Like, once he can let go of the feelings of guilt and self-pity, he kind of realizes that they were never really as good together as he was remembering, and it was all a bit of nostalgically idealizing the past anyway. So now he can move on without constantly self-sabotaging or angsting out.

Though I suppose that depends on how often the game forces us to do stuff with her in the future. I'm assuming there'll be at least a few more unavoidable scenes, but it would definitely be nice to have a few scenes where she wants to hang out but you can say no (or choose someone else to hang out with).
Regarding Naomi I definitely agree. It indeed feels like nostalgia of the past relationship. But at least they did get some closure on that. And I totally agree on Becca situation on what you said like "We're not trying to get together". In fact now that you mentioned Becca I would like to se more of her in future updates. And I do agree with you. I also have this feeling that there'll be more unavoidable scenes with Naomi. As for Danielle there's 50 - 50 blame here. If Danielle did want to get back to Damon she could have done solo without dragging MC around. MC is to be blamed on several situations, like the one in Kent's building where they confronted receptionist, MC could simply walk away and say "You're on your own". But it's not only that. There are certain elements in the game where game doesn't give you a choice. When I'm on non Danielle's path (pursuing other girls) I do everything I can not to be involved in Danielle's shenanigans and game forces you to be part of it, whether you are on Danielle's route or not. You also nailed the part where you said that MC is constantly self sabotaging himself. Couldn't agree more. Like move along dude and stop self pitting yourself. I am glad that things are straight with Ada, she did throw proposal ring and it seems she is interested in MC. You're also right about Mira. She indeed have eyes only for MC. She's even polite with MC regarding Naomi situation when two of them sit in front of the studio. Sorry for long reply.

Jul 20, 2020
I really like Mira (the innocent, devoted girl) and Rose (the outcast, 'damaged' girl who just needs love). Ada is cool, but I actually would rather see her go to chris than my MC, it seems they were made to be together.

4.40 star(s) 71 Votes