4.40 star(s) 71 Votes

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
As for Danielle there's 50 - 50 blame here.
I kind of disagree. It's not like she secretly manipulating you or taking advantage of you in any way, she's basically just saying "You're his best friend, help me get back together with him." And the rest is kind of on you.

Sure, we can say that her dragging you along even if you say no is an issue, but that's not really her being a terrible person as much as it is the game itself refusing to allow you the option to say no (like you say, you should have been able to avoid going to the office at all, walk away after the receptionist, etc). And it's not really her manipulating you as much as it is the game forcing you to be a spineless wuss. Which again, is on you. (and even then, you CAN choose to abandon her to her fate when she winds up having to go on the date with Kent, so it's not as if she doesn't suffer for her own actions anyway)

Basically, her entire storyline is "I want to get back together with Damon", and everything you do with her is more or less an attempt to get back together with Damon, so it's kind of hard to blame her for still being hung up on Damon if you're actively trying to hook up with her. It's like, "~gasp~ The girl who has spent the entire game talking about how hung up on Damon she is and how badly she wants to get back together with him is still hung up on Damon? No shit, MC. Any other blatantly obvious things you'd like to be surprised about? I know, you can be utterly floored by the shocking revelation that Damon's been gay the whole time."

You can say that Danielle is selfish (because that's definitely a large part of her character), but almost every potential problem an MC can have with her is 100% his own fault.

And honestly, it feels like her entire arc if you romance her is going to be "Wait, I've spent all this time chasing after someone who doesn't even want to be with me, while I've been ignoring the person who's been at my side and helping me the entire time." With her then realizing that she'd rather be with you instead of Damon anyway. So you both sort of stop obsessing over the person you used to be with to focus on the person you're with now.

If anything, I'm kind of sad you can't really comfort her or try to sympathize with her all that much if you're not romancing her. Because honestly, I'm on her side at the pool party way more than I am on Damon's.

Reactions: ename144

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Regarding Naomi I definitely agree. It indeed feels like nostalgia of the past relationship. But at least they did get some closure on that. And I totally agree on Becca situation on what you said like "We're not trying to get together". In fact now that you mentioned Becca I would like to se more of her in future updates. And I do agree with you. I also have this feeling that there'll be more unavoidable scenes with Naomi. As for Danielle there's 50 - 50 blame here. If Danielle did want to get back to Damon she could have done solo without dragging MC around. MC is to be blamed on several situations, like the one in Kent's building where they confronted receptionist, MC could simply walk away and say "You're on your own". But it's not only that. There are certain elements in the game where game doesn't give you a choice. When I'm on non Danielle's path (pursuing other girls) I do everything I can not to be involved in Danielle's shenanigans and game forces you to be part of it, whether you are on Danielle's route or not. You also nailed the part where you said that MC is constantly self sabotaging himself. Couldn't agree more. Like move along dude and stop self pitting yourself. I am glad that things are straight with Ada, she did throw proposal ring and it seems she is interested in MC. You're also right about Mira. She indeed have eyes only for MC. She's even polite with MC regarding Naomi situation when two of them sit in front of the studio. Sorry for long reply.
There's an old saying. "First loves are the best loves". Now for most of us that first love is lost. Maybe it's out grown by one or both. Maybe life puts distance, family, crisis, between us. Maybe one or both of us discover we're drawn to someone else. And so that first love is lost.

But rarely, perhaps very rarely, you both get a second chance. Not to step back to where you were, but to rekindle a new love founded in the first. Strangely if it works, this new love is still your first love, only different. Better. Stronger. Deeper. More enduring.

In real life, attempting to rekindle a first love usually fails. But the world is a damn big place, and, while millions fail, tens of thousands of couples in every age demographic succeed every year.

So the success of the MC's and Naomi's relationship is entirely dependent on the player. For you it's the waining tendrils of nostalgia. For me it's a chance to rebuild on a foundation I thought was lost. Not looking back but forward.

Of course as I've said elsewhere in this this thread. "And then there's Rose". So I have no idea where I'm going to take this. Hung on a pair of tenterhooks named Rose and Naomi.

Tennyson@

Dec 31, 2020
Wanted to know does telling Dion about Kent is a bad option or important so that we can know that Damon and Dion are a couple

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
So the success of the MC's and Naomi's relationship is entirely dependent on the player. For you it's the waining tendrils of nostalgia. For me it's a chance to rebuild on a foundation I thought was lost. Not looking back but forward.
For me, it's the cynical realization that all of the flashbacks we see seem to suggest that there was never anything meaningful or deep in their relationship in the first place. It was teenage drama and hormones, sex and vows that they'd be together forever when most high school relationships never even make it through college. It was two people who seemed way too hung up in their own heads and who seemed to have very little in actual common.

It's a foundation made out of cotton candy. Building on it a second time isn't likely to have a much better result.

Sure, we can assume they had a deep and fulfilling relationship and we're just not seeing all the tons of things they had in common in the flashbacks, but if those are the most important memories he has of their relationship to the point where he keeps dreaming about them, it implies their relationship was incredibly shallow. Almost as shallow as whatever Damon and Danielle had.

I like to think that the lesson MC takes away from all this is that relationships actually need a foundation. They need more than just sex and overdramatic declarations. They need work, and sacrifice, and compromise. They need two people equally invested and right for each other, not just two shallow people being shallow, or one person carrying all the slack, or a co-dependent relationship where two sad people desperately cling to each other in a toxic mess. They need maturity, and a willingness to work on your own issues rather than let them poison the relationship as a whole.

The real problem is, none of the LIs available really feel like the sort of person who's going to meet that criteria. Whoever we wind up with is going to feel like a bit of a rebound option for both sides, and the sort of relationship that is likely going to end within a few years. But maybe both parties will come out the other side better people, and more ready to have an actual healthy relationship with someone who's right for them.

Aner878787

Nov 17, 2018
Nice update, Kind of sad about were Rose route leads.

Becca: Don't think you'v(r)e in the all clear, MC -- in the clear / are all clear?
Sarah: Seriously, were the two of you raised raised by nuns or something?
MC: I thought I could do help by keeping it a secret.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
For me, it's the cynical realization that all of the flashbacks we see seem to suggest that there was never anything meaningful or deep in their relationship in the first place. It was teenage drama and hormones, sex and vows that they'd be together forever when most high school relationships never even make it through college. It was two people who seemed way too hung up in their own heads and who seemed to have very little in actual common.

It's a foundation made out of cotton candy. Building on it a second time isn't likely to have a much better result.

Sure, we can assume they had a deep and fulfilling relationship and we're just not seeing all the tons of things they had in common in the flashbacks, but if those are the most important memories he has of their relationship to the point where he keeps dreaming about them, it implies their relationship was incredibly shallow. Almost as shallow as whatever Damon and Danielle had.

I like to think that the lesson MC takes away from all this is that relationships actually need a foundation. They need more than just sex and overdramatic declarations. They need work, and sacrifice, and compromise. They need two people equally invested and right for each other, not just two shallow people being shallow, or one person carrying all the slack, or a co-dependent relationship where two sad people desperately cling to each other in a toxic mess. They need maturity, and a willingness to work on your own issues rather than let them poison the relationship as a whole.

The real problem is, none of the LIs available really feel like the sort of person who's going to meet that criteria. Whoever we wind up with is going to feel like a bit of a rebound option for both sides, and the sort of relationship that is likely going to end within a few years. But maybe both parties will come out the other side better people, and more ready to have an actual healthy relationship with someone who's right for them.
Roughly a year has passed since they broke up. In this case, should they reunite, while they've learned form their various sources of pain, in five years it would be as if they never really broke up at all.

No matter how you slice it at their age it's still young love.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Rose is a police detective .. she is set up to uncover all sorta nasty stuff by all means. Comes with the job.
Thnks but I had one more doubt if Dion didn't get arrested even then in the end rose found out about his relationship with Damon

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
What happend if you don't tell Dion?
Dion get's in a fight with Damon at school. MC appears and made it worse.
Dion got angry at Mc and trys to attack/grab him, Damon defends MC, Dion get arrested.
Damon stil blames Mc that he didn't tell him about the time Dion asked him about the locker incident....althought he blames u a bit less i guess, on the other hand his relationship with his lover took a hit.

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I kind of disagree. It's not like she secretly manipulating you or taking advantage of you in any way, she's basically just saying "You're his best friend, help me get back together with him." And the rest is kind of on you.

Sure, we can say that her dragging you along even if you say no is an issue, but that's not really her being a terrible person as much as it is the game itself refusing to allow you the option to say no (like you say, you should have been able to avoid going to the office at all, walk away after the receptionist, etc). And it's not really her manipulating you as much as it is the game forcing you to be a spineless wuss. Which again, is on you. (and even then, you CAN choose to abandon her to her fate when she winds up having to go on the date with Kent, so it's not as if she doesn't suffer for her own actions anyway)

Basically, her entire storyline is "I want to get back together with Damon", and everything you do with her is more or less an attempt to get back together with Damon, so it's kind of hard to blame her for still being hung up on Damon if you're actively trying to hook up with her. It's like, "~gasp~ The girl who has spent the entire game talking about how hung up on Damon she is and how badly she wants to get back together with him is still hung up on Damon? No shit, MC. Any other blatantly obvious things you'd like to be surprised about? I know, you can be utterly floored by the shocking revelation that Damon's been gay the whole time."

You can say that Danielle is selfish (because that's definitely a large part of her character), but almost every potential problem an MC can have with her is 100% his own fault.

And honestly, it feels like her entire arc if you romance her is going to be "Wait, I've spent all this time chasing after someone who doesn't even want to be with me, while I've been ignoring the person who's been at my side and helping me the entire time." With her then realizing that she'd rather be with you instead of Damon anyway. So you both sort of stop obsessing over the person you used to be with to focus on the person you're with now.

If anything, I'm kind of sad you can't really comfort her or try to sympathize with her all that much if you're not romancing her. Because honestly, I'm on her side at the pool party way more than I am on Damon's.
From my point of view she's constantly dragging MC around, even when he says no. It's not just once it's on multiple occasions. If you reject me once, had some x reasons for doing so, i could forgive you. Reject me twice, i'll move along and bypass you widely. In this case Danielle is indeed trying to get along with Damon and she does use everything she can to achieve that goal, even people close to Damon. Then in Kent's building she really oversteped her boundaries when searching in office for some documents and stuff, hoping to help Damon's dad reelection. And when two of them got caught she acts like "Hey it's all on me, i agree to go on date with you Kent". That's bs. And she's constantly in these situations. I do blame partly MC for not making it perfectly clear "That he doesn''t want to get involved". But like you said game does put you in such position, so no choice in that matter. I also do blame Damon for not making propper closure with Danielle like MC did with Naomi. Only from that point i could understand her goal to make up with Damon. Even if MC is romancing her, she doesn't see it that way but more of a way to achieve her goal. And to me it more looks like that she's just offering sexual favors, convince MC to help her. And i do partly agree on your sentence "Wait, I've spent all this time chasing after someone who doesn't even want to be with me, while I've been ignoring the person who's been at my side and helping me the entire time." Hope you don't mind for coping it. I do hope that thing will turn arround for her. I don't think she's terrible person, but i don't like being used as well. hopefully next episode will clear that for her.

Reactions: Mr Secret

Twincest6l9

Mar 17, 2021
Well there was Sienna, which is the best looking girl so far, with a good character, so i couldn't care about Sarah.
And as u said no baggage or secrets, just a stranger... i really want her as a maingirl.

Well i wouldn't rule it out, the football team runing a train on Sarah :whistle:
Can anyone share what model/asset used for Sienna?
And Penny also look familiar, but I still didn't found the asset/model.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Either you get between the love birds and break them up into little pieces or you
stick by your long misguided closetted friend and ... let them have at it ... they lovers, no?
Thats it? I couldn't care less
What ever you choose you're to be blame. If you choose to tell Dion you'll be blamed big time, if you choose not to you'll be blame on lesser degree.

4.40 star(s) 71 Votes