4.30 star(s) 73 Votes

Antonie van Leeuwenhoek

Mar 30, 2019
Ah, after some time away I'm always reminded of how these forums are pits of toxicity when I come back to see what people have to say.

I enjoyed interacting here as a player, but I really haven't as a developer. Those who want to get in touch can find me on . Bye.
Buddy C'mon now, that's too sensitive, this game's great one & no question about that. He just said which character he likes and dislikes, there's no way his post implied toxicity.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Do whatever you want but I don't really see how my post was toxic...
I kind of took that overreaction to mean that the overall plan for the game is for the MC and his ex to get back together, and all the side girls are just meant as distractions/dalliances that you're meant to reject in the end, and they were annoyed because so many people seem to hate the intended One True Love Interest.

Either that, or it might be something deeper. Someone in the thread a while back mentioned that the story is supposedly based on real life events to some degree, so maybe he's just annoyed because people seem to hate the girl he's still deeply in love with on some level, even though they broke up years ago. If he's idealized "The One That Got Away" to unrealistic levels it might cut really deep when people are constantly talking about how terrible she is and how they wish they could avoid her forever.

Before I Forget

Sep 4, 2021
Sources have told me that Three Rules of Life will only have two more episodes before it is completed.

So, take that as you will.
The way the Devs acts I wouldn't doubt it, some people aren't build well for this stuff. If you can't handle criticism, than you're probably gonna have a lousy time as a Game Developer of any kind.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I kind of took that overreaction to mean that the overall plan for the game is for the MC and his ex to get back together, and all the side girls are just meant as distractions/dalliances that you're meant to reject in the end, and they were annoyed because so many people seem to hate the intended One True Love Interest.

Either that, or it might be something deeper. Someone in the thread a while back mentioned that the story is supposedly based on real life events to some degree, so maybe he's just annoyed because people seem to hate the girl he's still deeply in love with on some level, even though they broke up years ago. If he's idealized "The One That Got Away" to unrealistic levels it might cut really deep when people are constantly talking about how terrible she is and how they wish they could avoid her forever.
if those really are his plans, Im gonna let this (so far) fine game down the drain and never gonna look back.
And if he is too sensitive regarding one of "his" in-game characters, he should drop down the drain games developing.

Danarchist

Aug 15, 2021
Please tell me this game gets less frustrating after Chapter 2... I swear everyone treats the main character like a 10 year old. "You would never understand" "I can't tell you" "I will tell you later". I swear it is like getting blue balled with lack of information.

I can deal with the fact the MC is an idiot who made some bad relationship choices, but the fact that everyone around him refused to tell him anything is infuriating.

Reactions: ann87ra

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019

Unlocked
Dev Update 2021-12-03
First, thanks to everyone who responded to the ! I'd like to share some results w/ you.
Nearly 2/3 of respondents thought the new episode was better than previous ones. That's very heartening, as I worked very hard on it (which I'm sure was evident in the long timeline to release!).

Unfortunately, it appears that we're not bringing in very many new players (or at least ones responding to the survey), as over 3/4 of players say they've played a previous episode before hopping on Episode 4.
It takes tremendous time & effort to create quality content, and as the recent has shown, it's far more profitable to create derivative junk and release it in small bites than to keep faith and make a big, satisfying piece of original work. So if you like Three Rules of Life, be sure to spread the word ♥!

R.e. lewd content, it seems I've finally hit the sweet spot (or is that G-spot ?). Nearly 80% of people say it's the right amount, which is where I want to be.

On where Episode 4 did worse than previous episodes, most respondents answered "Story/characters" or "Choice". I think that's fine, although by Ep4 it should not surprise anyone that your choices have already locked you in / out of certain paths. And if it isn't clear by now, this game has a very set story, & while your choices may shape your experience, it's not a "choose-your-own-adventure", much less a sandbox.

Finally, somewhat surprising to me, most respondents believe that the game is only 1/2, 1/3, or at most 1/2 done. While I appreciate that folks want to keep a good thing going (they wouldn't if they didn't enjoy it!), these are, I'm afraid, all quite off.

Which brings me to an announcement: the next two episodes will be the final episodes of Three Rules of Life. This was always intended to be a 5-7 episode affair, and we're at the point where I think 6 is the right time to wrap up.
Episode 5 is under development, and, as is tradition, it's the most ambitious episode yet. Lots of events turn out one way or another based on your choices. The amount of work is intimidating, but as the old saying goes, how do you eat an ? One bite at a time!
Finally, I hope you all had a great . Between work, development, & all the other hectic things that need to be done day-to-day, it's easy to lose sight of what's important. So, I hope you've taken a moment to consider what you're thankful for this year .
Have a great weekend,
Red

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
Please tell me this game gets less frustrating after Chapter 2... I swear everyone treats the main character like a 10 year old. "You would never understand" "I can't tell you" "I will tell you later". I swear it is like getting blue balled with lack of information.

I can deal with the fact the MC is an idiot who made some bad relationship choices, but the fact that everyone around him refused to tell him anything is infuriating.
It's not going to get better.

If anything, it's going to get worse.

We have yet to reach a point where any side characters actually nut up and talk about important things with the MC. Everyone is still alluding to things they refuse to explain, and keeping important secrets that probably make literally everything worse.

There's a slight light at the end of the tunnel that might pay off next update, though on the other hand, that light might just be an oncoming train.

Reactions: MS686

Danarchist

Aug 15, 2021
It's not going to get better.

If anything, it's going to get worse.

We have yet to reach a point where any side characters actually nut up and talk about important things with the MC. Everyone is still alluding to things they refuse to explain, and keeping important secrets that probably make literally everything worse.

There's a slight light at the end of the tunnel that might pay off next update, though on the other hand, that light might just be an oncoming train.
Honestly just knowing that will probably make it easier to deal with. Every time you have a conversation I keep thinking "is this when I finally find out wtf is going on???" It feels like we are in the Truman show or something and nobody wants to tell the MC anything.

Reactions: ename144

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
To bad it's only 5-7 episodes game cause game itself is actually good. I really hoped that it would be like way bigger but hey it's his game.

Now about character models most of them are excelent, even Naomi however i do dislike her. And i don't understand why in the world would Red delete his account here just because someone said that he or she dislikes certain character. I've rarely seen users here being toxic. They just expres their opinions about game, story, characters or what ever. I do hope that Red will return here.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
As much as i liked Ada before, this Update has changed it. She doesn't really know, what she really wants. :unsure:

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Bruh, I want to effin cry, this trend of adding baggage to the MC is ruining so many games for me, specially when it involves braking a perfect romantic relationship. Someone can tell me if it is possible to have a happy getting together with Naomi again?

InfamousGuy

Apr 4, 2019
Bruh, I want to effin cry, this trend of adding baggage to the MC is ruining so many games for me, specially when it involves braking a perfect romantic relationship. Someone can tell me if it is possible to have a happy getting together with Naomi again?
I'm sure Naomi will get an ending with MC. Don't let this thread, or any thread for that matter, discourage you from playing and/or enjoying a game.

Does every LI have baggage? Yeah, but if you enjoy the game then enjoy it. If not, then feel free to shitpost.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
I'm sure Naomi will get an ending with MC. Don't let this thread, or any thread for that matter, discourage you from playing and/or enjoying a game.

Does every LI have baggage? Yeah, but if you enjoy the game then enjoy it. If not, then feel free to shitpost.
It wasn't my intention to shitpost, I just had to vent a bit you know. I was also talking about MC's baggage not LI's baggage, although in my case it's one and the same. I heard great things about this game and I want to enjoy it, it's just that whenever I play games like this I like to do deep romance and stick to one girl and seeing how Naomi and MC were happy and broke up just makes me feel super sad. Now I am locked out of every love interest in the game because I can't bring myself to do anything else other than to try to fix things with Naomi, because I can't let go of that romance that I saw, I am just weird like that.

ClockworkGnome

Sep 18, 2021
I was also talking about MC's baggage not LI's baggage, although in my case it's one and the same.
I think it boils down to the idea that most players kind of like the MC to be a bit of a blank slate, so you can decide for yourself how they feel about things. One player can see the MC as being disconsolate about breaking up, while another player might prefer to try and put the break up behind them and get out there and just whore their way across town.

But when the game essentially tells you how you feel, it takes player freedom away. It can be a bit frustrating if you're trying to play the game in a way where you're trying to put your past behind you and forget about your old relationship in favor of trying to establish a new one, but the game keeps telling you that, no, you're totally not over her and she's still the bestest ever and wouldn't it be awesome if the two of you can get back together? It's like, if that's the story you're so desperate to tell, why give the player choices at all? Why even have alternative love interests? Just tell the story you want to tell and stop pretending like we're allowed to have opinions.

In this game it feels like trying to overcome the past and all your baggage is part of the entire point of the story (meaning you have to have that baggage in the first place, and it has to be signfiicant enough that overcoming it feels like an accomplishment), so it's somewhat understandable (and can definitely work) - but there are definitely times when it feels like the game is pulling against any decision you make unless it's the one it wants you to make.

A lot of it is going to depend on how things go once the game is finished and we can see what sort of endings there are. It's still possible that the game might offer the freedom to have choices matter in the long run, or it might just invalidate any playthrough where you don't choose to completely forgive (or more likely, apologize to) Damon and your mom, and get back together with Naomi. We'll see.

4.30 star(s) 73 Votes