4.40 star(s) 71 Votes

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
Man, how is it that all of a sudden every girl's event somehow lines up on the exact same day and time slot forcing you to leave them behind at the worst time possible.
I do find it annoying. I'm not even pursuing the girls, but it's ridiculous how they all occurred at once. I would've liked to been able to support people the game made sure I developed a friendship with in their biggest moments instead of flaking on them and being a horrible friend. Guess that's just how things are in this universe.

Reactions: Fazed

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
I'd just rather not need 3 save files. Still choosing who you want to follow, multiple at that but not needing to juggle save files. Yet somehow you say you like having to choose...but you haven't really chosen since you are keeping multiple save to see more than the game will let you by default. It's an extra inconvenience. You might be ok with that inconvenience...because maybe you respect the direction the story wants to take the player in(even though I think the way it is done is too obviously coincidental)...but to say you actually like it juggling multiple save files?(because that is what you are effectively saying). Seems odd.
Sometimes when you play a game you can choose to play a fighter, a rogue or a mage. And you can like that and have 3 separate saves for each class without wanting to play a fighter/rogue/mage hybrid in a single playthrough.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
You don't need to understand why I play the way I do. The dev has offered us choices in the girls. I chose 3 and for me, it's not an inconvenience to keep 3 saves. I make multiple saves for every choice as it is, so, it's not a big deal.
Right you are. I dont need to understand the way you play. I can respect that people get different things out of a game.
But you responded to my comment with what seems to be a contradictory statement. I am a save-a-holic as well mind you, but for different reasons. Hopping between LI's is not one that I am fond of. Skipping through "story filler" you have already seen is an inconvenience.
Also, even if you aren't in a relationship with them you are still being a trash friend. That is how it's written which doesn't feel good.

Anyway part of my issue is more of a mechanical one. If renp'y somehow had a graphical "choice network map" and you could use that to see all the paths it would be cool.

Reactions: Dark Silence

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Sometimes when you play a game you can choose to play a fighter, a rogue or a mage. And you can like that and have 3 separate saves for each class without wanting to play a fighter/rogue/mage hybrid in a single playthrough.
...Your analogies are terrible.
By the way, If I could play a fighter/rogue/mage hybrid in a game I would. That sounds like it would be busted while probably having a higher skill floor to play competently. Sounds fun.

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Really pleasantly surprised to see this one get an update. Not sure if this is a resurrection or not but I am glad we finally see the MC dealing with stuff. It's unfortunate that we aren't given the ability to tell people to fuck off out of the MC's life. Still find the ambush at the bar to be distasteful, also with the revelations in this update feel the MC shrugs off too much that people do or say to him. No way does an 18-19 have that much patience and forgiveness for people fucking with his life.

Hope this isn't the last time we shall see an update.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
...Your analogies are terrible.
Why? This is a story game, having to choose a LI is no different for me in this game than having choices in an RPG.

By the way, If I could play a fighter/rogue/mage hybrid in a game I would. That sounds like it would be busted while probably having a higher skill floor to play competently. Sounds fun.
Sure, but you can understand how some people prefer uniqueness of playing distinct different classes over one class that does everything right?

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Why? This is a story game, having to choose a LI is no different for me in this game than having choices in an RPG.
Eh? Because there is a difference between choosing a class at the start of a game and having a story that sees you getting to know a bunch of people, all of them with some sort of drama going on and in need of a shoulder, only to suddenly be forced to bail on most of them because ofc they all have an important crisis going on at the exact, same, day, hour, minute.

If you pick a warrior at the start, you are always going to be a warrior. This hypothetical game didnt give you [Charge, Mortal Strike], [Ice shield, Ice lance], [stealth, sprint] at the same time and then suddenly tell you that you can only use charge and mortal strike halfway through the game. The change in gameplay would be so jarring. It would suck balls lol.

That is why I said your analogy is terrible. I know what you were getting at, but only because I focused on what you were trying to say and not what you actually said.

Kadajko

Oct 28, 2021
Eh? Because there is a difference between choosing a class at the start of a game and having a story that sees you getting to know a bunch of people, all of them with some sort of drama going on and in need of a shoulder, only to suddenly be forced to bail on most of them because ofc they all have an important crisis going on at the exact, same, day, hour, minute.

If you pick a warrior at the start, you are always going to be a warrior. Thus hypothetical game didnt give you [Charge, Mortal Strike], [Ice shield, Ice lance], [stealth, sprint] then then suddenly tell you that you can only use charge and mortal strike halfway through the game. The change in gameplay would be so jarring. It would suck balls lol.

That is why I said your analogy is terrible. I know what you were getting at, but only because I focused on what you were trying to say and not what you actually said.
Ok sure, how about the analogy of choosing a romance partner in an RPG? You also can't romance everyone in a single playthrough. How about making plot decisions that mater? When you actually choose who dies and who you can save etc.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021

If you pick a warrior at the start, you are always going to be a warrior. This hypothetical game didnt give you [Charge, Mortal Strike], [Ice shield, Ice lance], [stealth, sprint] at the same time and then suddenly tell you that you can only use charge and mortal strike halfway through the game. The change in gameplay would be so jarring. It would suck balls lol.

Well, you could say it's like playing a Fallout or Skyrim. No classes, but, I save before I do something crazy and in a game like this, you have to do the same. At least for me.

Jan 21, 2023
Most of these players are too caught up in the male fantasy of having a harem and can't stand the thought of not being able to bang all the women. Not saying that's a bad thing. It's just annoying when people talk smack about a game, because their fetish/kink isn't in it.

I like harem games as much as the next person, I just want to be able to pick and choose who is part of it. But, I'm not going to say a game is shit, because you have to take all of them. If it's not what I want, I just don't play it. It's simple.
To me when it comes to games still in development, it is less about the male fantasy and more about content. The patreon/subscriberstar model is such that we get games in small chunks/updates instead of a finished product all at once. With harem games every single update is relevant to me. With games where you choose only 1 of 3 love interests only 1/3rd of updates are relevant to me. Assuming a game takes 4-6 months to update, I would be lucky if I had even 1 update/year with content I am interested in. I understand that there are common paths etc so it would be a bit more than that but the point I am trying to get across is that I would have less content than a harem game unless I choose to have multiple saves (which I personally dislike for various reasons).

This is more or less why I avoid romance focused games that force you to choose between LIs for games still in development. I have no issues with such choices when it comes to completed games but if I am following a game still in development underwhelming updates (because I chose to focus on the wrong character) are simply not worth it.

I am not saying this game should change or anything. I only made this comment because I disagree with your point about the male fantasy.

Reactions: Dark Silence

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
To me when it comes to games still in development, it is less about the male fantasy and more about content. The patreon/subscriberstar model is such that we get games in small chunks/updates instead of a finished product all at once. With harem games every single update is relevant to me. With games where you choose only 1 of 3 love interests only 1/3rd of updates are relevant to me. Assuming a game takes 4-6 months to update, I would be lucky if I had even 1 update/year with content I am interested in. I understand that there are common paths etc so it would be a bit more than that but the point I am trying to get across is that I would have less content than a harem game unless I choose to have multiple saves (which I personally dislike for various reasons).

This is more or less why I avoid romance focused games that force you to choose between LIs for games still in development. I have no issues with such choices when it comes to completed games but if I am following a game still in development underwhelming updates (because I chose to focus on the wrong character) are simply not worth it.

I am not saying this game should change or anything. I only made this comment because I disagree with your point about the male fantasy.
I'm glad to see that there's another reason behind it. I still disagree with your point of view. I get plenty of content from romance only games. Especially when I like a few of the girls. As it's not the same content between each LI. So with several saves, I can enjoy each route every release. I play one game where it's like you said though, but, I have other games that fill in for the time I must wait for more content in it. Do I like waiting for more content? Hell no!

it-is-what-it-is-rick-ross-vyk5k34iuqbt0dx4.gif

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Ok sure, how about the analogy of choosing a romance partner in an RPG? You also can't romance everyone in a single playthrough. How about making plot decisions that mater? When you actually choose who dies and who you can save etc.
Do you really want another "Acting Lessons"? :HideThePain:
Nobody likes those choices.
But to answer your question, in an RPG maybe you can't romance everyone(In persona 4 and 5 you can) but if my memory serves you can generally still see the characters' story arcs come to a resolution and not feel like there are important parts of the story missing. The game is about the whole crew. Every character has a story and you as the player are given an option to help them. Not a case where you help a character in ep 1 and then give the middle finger to everyone else in the crew. That's a shit rpg if you ask me but w/e.

Not sure I would want to say a VN is a rpg. Not that a VN can't be but this one? I wouldn't call it that.

Hengat

Oct 17, 2022
Ok, I had to play it from the start and I did a couple of playthroughs. This game has interesting choice of LIs and nice branching but the main story is... a bit terrible.
Ada - my original playthrough, best girl, too bad about the job, but handholding sex was nice,
Fun fact - You can tell Chris which girl he has to choose, but after "I can't choose for you" he ended up with Ada at the election thing in every scenario I tried... even if MC went to her party as her boyfriend and she said to him "I love you" at the end of the night(I guess its a mistake/bug of some sort?)
Mira - she's sweet, best if you want MC to end up with the girl of his age, I like that her dad showed up at the exhibiton
Rose - I'm now 100% sure she's the hottest girl I saw in any AVN, I don't like the ntr thing and wouldn't choose cheating girl irl
Penny - I see from the comments that she's a favorite for many. I really don't now where that came from. She's to creepy at the start for me and show too much interest in MC. It's something she has in common with Alexandra and it looks troubling and unnatural. Nice lewd scene in this update though.
Danielle - nope, even after knowing how ep4 ended with her I did it for science purpose and they didn't even talk about it, I don't think dev has much of idea for her here.
Naomi - as always, ex is my last choice (I even find her bad looking), pretty weird with the choice to let her friend go to the meeting after so much of pursuit

I'm gonna lash out now.
Damon - what the actual fuck? At the beginning MC is telling what I guess every player thinks about Damon and it's all washed away with simple "Think about how he must be feeling now" or something. Anyway, the story goes on and Dion admits he still loves him, and Danielle and MC forgive that lying piece of garbage that he used them and they all hug. At that moment I let my guard down and thought "Ok, it's all out. He did what he did, but they're still friends. They got past that" but then that freaking ending...Dev really wanted to add another layer of hate for this character. Did I just read that correctly? This guy digged through personal life of his best friend's mom and reconnect her with former lover just to prove to himself that she's a lesbian. What a fucking piece of garbage. Who the hell wrote that? Why oh why MC has to be such a pussy. There should be option to get angry, yell at him or punch him. This game just get's harder and harder to play. And I forgot, Mom can also fuck off.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
Ok, I had to play it from the start and I did a couple of playthroughs. This game has interesting choice of LIs and nice branching but the main story is... a bit terrible.
Ada - my original playthrough, best girl, too bad about the job, but handholding sex was nice,
Fun fact - You can tell Chris which girl he has to choose, but after "I can't choose for you" he ended up with Ada at the election thing in every scenario I tried... even if MC went to her party as her boyfriend and she said to him "I love you" at the end of the night(I guess its a mistake/bug of some sort?)
...I told him to fuck off because he didnt deserve either of them. He was there with Mikaela in my playthrough I think.

4.40 star(s) 71 Votes