Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
lower Power

Similar edits could be added anywhere else the drain mechanic is explained.
The trouble with that is the mechanic will no longer be uniformly Power. E.g. Cage/Cell affection gain happens if either the maiden is shackled or Power+Energy < 2/3*Minion Power. And an additional gain if she's, again, either shackled or Power+Energy < [Dragon Power]/10 + Size. This is also something that ought to be explained in the room description, and kind of is elsewhere.

Some of the other mechanics have a random component, some don't. E.g. the appearance of the 'Devour', 'Kill', 'Rob', 'Torture' buttons is deterministic and follows similarly complex rules (killing is just Power > Power, robbing is the more complex calculation, etc).

I don't know where to draw the line here. And I don't really know how the Dark Lady could explain any of this without breaking the fourth wall.

Edit: I suppose cages are the worst offender, so something like this?
"Captives cannot escape from a cage and gain +1 Affection per week if the Dragon, their guard or both scare them, up to 49 Affection. Guards assigned to captives with less Power drain either 1 MAXHP, 1/10 ATK or 1/10 ATK Mastery from the prisoner every day, and she takes ~1 HP damage. Shackled captives lose ~1 HP per day regardless of being guarded or not, but cannot fight back. "

Last edited:

WanderingRenegade

Jan 4, 2019
Edit: I suppose cages are the worst offender, so something like this?
"Captives cannot escape from a cage and gain +1 Affection per week if the Dragon, their guard or both scare them, up to 49 Affection. Guards assigned to captives with less Power drain either 1 MAXHP, 1/10 ATK or 1/10 ATK Mastery from the prisoner every day, and she takes ~1 HP damage. Shackled captives lose ~1 HP per day regardless of being guarded or not, but cannot fight back. "
That should work great.

MasterZeigh

Jun 10, 2019
If I am not wrong, there is no way to change the "breath" "spell" element. Where should I search in the files to change it manually? I am willing to cheat if there is no way for the dragon to attack with It's head's element.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I am willing to cheat if there is no way for the dragon to attack with It's head's element.
The dragon always attacks with his head's element. That's the whole point of the head system. The breath spell is a separate, well, magic spell. It costs mana and everything, and is OP even in its current form. Which is why it's only fire, and not going to change.

If I am not wrong, there is no way to change the "breath" "spell" element. Where should I search in the files to change it manually?
Easiest is to change the 'element: fire' line in 'game\content\skills\fireball\data.yaml'. I think the system is robust enough to account for it. Requires new game or precision work with the console.

You could also tinker with the 'modded_effect()' function in 'battlefield class.rpy' and 'skill.rpy' to make it dynamically change to the dragon's best element, but you'd have to code in the 'best element' part yourself and know some Python to do it safely.

MasterZeigh

Jun 10, 2019
Thank you!
Just started to explore the file system today. Wanted to be thematic and be mono color. I can only imagine a mixed build as weird fleshy bouquet. Reminds me also of the Yu-gi-oh monster, Five-Headed Dragon. Always found it stupid looking.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Note that the combat system is built on the assumption that you vary your heads. So monochromatic dragons are a challenge, not the 'normal' course of the game. You'll have to cultivate minions with appropriate damage types to beat enemies resistant to your element if you go that way.

If you know how to code, you can change a lot of stuff. Many things are balanced pretty specifically, though, so you'll remove some of the challenge and the fun that comes from that if you go about changing things to fit your opinion of what's 'realistic'. Without compensating somehow, that is. It's a game, after all, even if it's one trying to be a dragon rape sim.

MasterZeigh

Jun 10, 2019
I can't claim the Ice Castle. Saw a post before about them needing ice resistance. I can't claim it still with 5 white heads. 95% ice resistance is considered immunity?
Other prsvious post about these resistance lairs is not really clear for me? Are thee events checking the wrong resistance scores?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
The giant castles require wings and ice/fire immunity. The ice/fire caves without inhabitants need resistance (2 heads, will be lowered to one) and 'alpinism' (not sure about release, but either wings or size above medium, maybe also 2+ paws instead, but the last could only be in the WIP version).

95% resistance is immunity, yes.

MasterZeigh

Jun 10, 2019
The wing requirement was definitely not clear in the text. Maybe I remember wrong. At least I could raid it for the hatchery without one.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No, you're right, the "Can't lair here" messages don't support multiple requirements. I guess I need to look into that.

The hatchery raiding is intended, because otherwise, you'd be pretty screwed on the upgrades. Especially since in the future, you'll have to go through hatchery upgrades in order, no more jumping straight to elven or dwarven versions. :devilish:

thejukucla

Dec 28, 2018
Maybe I am missing something, but everytime I capture anyone at some point there happens an event in which the captive is killed by my Goblins. It makes it impossible to even get one egg as this usually happens latest half way through pregnancy.

Can someone help me?
Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
killed by my Goblins

Am I missing something or is this a bug?
It's a feature. In what reality do bugs come with a hand-picked picture and event text? o_O

You've got to manage your goblins. Read the in-game help about 'unruly' minions, or the thread.

WanderingRenegade

Jan 4, 2019
Okay - I do NOT understand how elemental damage works.
The basic damage formula for physical damage is clear: (Attack+(0 to Attack Mastery))*Physical Attack*Defender's Physical Defense
I figured once I had some elemental heads, it would run the same formula for that element in addition to physical damage (using the same Attack Mastery roll result for each element) - then use whichever element would deal the most damage for the final damage.

...but right about now I have EXACTLY 100% in both acid and physical, and I thought this would mean that against enemies with 0% acid resistance I'd deal normal damage.
Basically, I figured 100% damage would just let me ignore the physical resistance of enemies. (As long as they didn't have acid resistance.)

Except, that only happens SOMETIMES - giving results like this:
Capture0.PNG

But half the time I get results like this:
Capture.PNG
This:
Capture2.PNG
Or this:
Capture3.PNG

...and I cannot figure out why. The numbers are all clean, with no decimals - and there doesn't seem to be a discernible pattern to how much lower than the incoming physical damage the received acid damage is.

If anyone can explain the math here... please do. I am very confused.

(Oh, and, for the record, I have 32 Attack and 12 Attack Mastery... and for anyone that doesn't feel like opening the game to check, towns have 33% physical resist, archers have 20% physical resist, and both have 0% acid resist.)

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I do NOT understand how elemental damage works.

I am very confused.
Not to worry, that's the normal state of a DDM player. That, and frustrated. :)

...the same formula for that element in addition to physical damage (using the same Attack Mastery roll result for each element) - then use whichever element would deal the most damage for the final damage.
Every element has its own ATKM roll.

But half the time I get results like this:

If anyone can explain the math here... please do.
These are all normal. Note that physical damage in all these 'weird' cases is always higher than acid. That's no coincidence, 'incoming' is your best damage roll without accounting for resistances. Basically, taunting you how much damage you could have done. 'Received' is the actual damage.

there doesn't seem to be a discernible pattern to how much lower than the incoming physical damage the received acid damage is.
It's essentially two random numbers against each other - so if there's no pattern, the RNG is working as advertised. :)

Why do you want to know the exact specifics, anyway? Theorycrafting your dragon?

WanderingRenegade

Jan 4, 2019
Every element has its own ATKM roll.

These are all normal. Note that physical damage in all these 'weird' cases is always higher than acid. That's no coincidence, 'incoming' is your best damage roll without accounting for resistances. Basically, taunting you how much damage you could have done. 'Received' is the actual damage.

It's essentially two random numbers against each other - so if there's no pattern, the RNG is working as advertised. :)
You know, in hindsight, this all seems really obvious... and if I'm being honest, I feel a little bit stupid right now.

Why do you want to know the exact specifics, anyway? Theorycrafting your dragon?
Honestly? It's mostly just obsessive behavior on my part.

WanderingRenegade

Jan 4, 2019
Question:
The text for the "Fiery Spawn" quest says to "Breed a Balor from a Dragon Egg in the Fiery Hatchery," but the Fiery Hatchery can't hatch the eggs of minions with more than 15 base power... and the Balor has a base power of 18.

Is this a bug?
Is the text leftover from an older version, and I'm supposed to use a different hatchery?
Or am I missing something?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yeah, it's a leftover. I guess I need to have a look, maybe one of the two needs adjusting, either the Balor or the hatchery.

Edit: Actually, Frost Ice Wyrms are worse, since the Frozen Hatchery is nowhere near their required power... :(

Last edited:

tiaraz

May 27, 2021
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'FactorScale' <'Image' u'content/unique_characters/dragon/whelp/whelp.webp'> 0.5 0.5 True>:
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 42, in script call
    python:
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 1925, in script call
    call arena(encounter=troops) from _call_arena_25
  File "game/_script/combat/arena.rpy", line 256, in script
    python:
  File "game/_script/combat/arena.rpy", line 353, in <module>
    field.clash(hero=field_hero,mob=field_mob)
  File "game/_script/combat/battlefield class.rpy", line 282, in clash
    minion.change_loyalty(1)
AttributeError: 'Minion' object has no attribute 'change_loyalty'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/_script/lair/lair - label.rpy", line 42, in script call
    python:
  File "game/_story/hunt/plains.rpy", line 1925, in script call
    call arena(encounter=troops) from _call_arena_25
  File "game/_script/combat/arena.rpy", line 256, in script
    python:
  File "C:\Users\Rochelle Hamblen\Documents\printers\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Nov_2020\renpy\ast.py", line 900, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Rochelle Hamblen\Documents\printers\Time_for_Dragons-1.1.1-pc-DDM_Nov_2020\renpy\python.py", line 1930, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/_script/combat/arena.rpy", line 353, in <module>
    field.clash(hero=field_hero,mob=field_mob)
  File "game/_script/combat/battlefield class.rpy", line 282, in clash
    minion.change_loyalty(1)
AttributeError: 'Minion' object has no attribute 'change_loyalty'

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.2.2.491
Время для Драконов: Королевство Монстров 5-11-20
Tue Aug 31 16:30:38 2021

mordet

Apr 21, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Not all minions develop a taste for human flesh, e.g. all Dragon Priestesses, smuggler guards, the two asps, Succubi, Frost Wyrms and some others are 'safe' and don't count against either limit.
Would it be possible to know exactly which minions count and which don't?
Moreover, in the help RBM it says that the "minion" text will turn purple when they are getting unruly but I never saw that. Is it the text over the list in the "info" tab?
Also, is there a way to know when a girl will die from egg-laying? is it based on her current power? I'd like to minimize the deaths because it increment the shame score. and I'm a sucker for scores in those kinda games.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 8 Votes