Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Hypermode

Feb 21, 2019
Is there a reason I'm missing for there being so many different crafting materials? If a "little adamantium ingot" and an "average mithril ingot" have the same value, aren't they practically the same item?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Not entirely. I think bigger ingots have a higher chance to yield higher-quality treasures, which automatically cost more even if the base price of the material is the same.

Other than that, well, mithril and adamantium have different chances of being acquired, depending on source.

But it's mostly something I inherited from Time for Dragons / Defiler Wings, so the variety is there because of that. And maybe a little bit of immersion/realism, too.

DW also had more detailed item descriptions somewhat resembling Dwarf Fortress, but I never felt so strongly about those as to go and torture myself with a re-implementation.

Edit: Well, there is still a basic version of the inscriptions, but not a full description of the item, DF-style.

Last edited:

Hypermode

Feb 21, 2019
It's really shame for there to be a mass crafting feature that almost never gets used. My god, there's like 4 or 5 different properties for jewels, how long will have to play to get a meaningful number of 1 kind?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, proper mass crafting has been sitting in the 'done but not released' pile for a while now.

Gems only have quality, size and cut. It's not like the dragon is doing this on an industrial basis, or can bulk order specific precious stones from some kind of dwarven Amazon. :p

Hypermode

Feb 21, 2019
Actually you can do exactly that, shops very often have specific materials in bulk. If I just want to craft stuff as quickly as possible I could go to the fence and buy 20 adamantium and 20 rose diamond. It's not profitable though.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
shops very often have specific materials in bulk
That's actually a bug, since it means shops will only ever have a single specific combination of each type of material for sale. :cry: Will be fixed.

It's not profitable though.
I think it is profitable with high crafting skill, which enable you to craft better treasures more frequently and provides access to pricier items to craft.

The knight is literally a monster.... Any suggestions?
Run? :p The 'gypsy' shame category isn't there for nothing.

Or gaze at the promo pictures from July or so June, with the weaker (and stronger!) knights, and be mad at me not getting stuff done this year.

Last edited:

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
That's actually a bug, since it means shops will only ever have a single specific combination of each type of material for sale. :cry: Will be fixed.

I think it is profitable with high crafting skill, which enable you to craft better treasures more frequently and provides access to pricier items to craft.

Run? :p The 'gypsy' shame category isn't there for nothing.

Or gaze at the promo pictures from July or so, with the weaker (and stronger!) knights, and be mad at me not getting stuff done this year.
And will it be over? or just postponed? It says that another "knight" will hunt the dragon...but it doesn't says if it will pass the OP gear to him :p

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Running postpones the knight for a while, but that way, you'll be running for half of forever.

You can also try to take a stand and then flee from battle, but that gives all your treasure and maidens to the knight and injures the dragon and his minions. If the knight is bad enough, (s)he might kill the fleeing dragon. This is the 'another knight' event, which indeed generates a new knight who won't have all the gear and stuff. Yet. But he has just as good odds as the previous one of accumulating those, possibly worse if your infamy has risen since the first knight was generated.

If you have access to the Smugglers' Isle and enough cash, you can try to remove some of the OP gear from him. But he can always find all of it again, so it's not a guarantee.

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
Running postpones the knight for a while, but that way, you'll be running for half of forever.

You can also try to take a stand and then flee from battle, but that gives all your treasure and maidens to the knight and injures the dragon and his minions. If the knight is bad enough, (s)he might kill the fleeing dragon. This is the 'another knight' event, which indeed generates a new knight who won't have all the gear and stuff. Yet. But he has just as good odds as the previous one of accumulating those, possibly worse if your infamy has risen since the first knight was generated.

If you have access to the Smugglers' Isle and enough cash, you can try to remove some of the OP gear from him. But he can always find all of it again, so it's not a guarantee.

Then... I'll probably delve my WHOLE 3g to the army and fly away =_= another question thought... What is magic cum supposed to do? And I don't understand why... but I think my minions randomly kill my girls...Is my lair too much crowled?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Then... I'll probably delve my WHOLE 3g to the army and fly away
You have wings already? :)

The proper way to manage knights (and mobilization) is to keep your infamy down. Way, way down. Each point of infamy level (the number after raw infamy in the main map screen) gives +5% chance that a knight will spawn each month. If you have under 5 infamy, there will be no knights. :sneaky:

What is magic cum supposed to do?
It's basically a magical condom. Some people prefer to bang their favourite captives without impregnating them, I guess as a form of stress release? Because there's no such thing as dragon love, no, definitely not...

Note that the actual impregnation can also use mana to get better minions. But that's where virility comes in. Read a page or two back, it just got explained in some detail.

And I don't understand why... but I think my minions randomly kill my girls...Is my lair too much crowled?
No, your minions think you're a pushover. :devilish: Too many of them can cause this, but not only and not with all minions.

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
You have wings already? :)

The proper way to manage knights (and mobilization) is to keep your infamy down. Way, way down. Each point of infamy level (the number after raw infamy in the main map screen) gives +5% chance that a knight will spawn each month. If you have under 5 infamy, there will be no knights. :sneaky:

It's basically a magical condom. Some people prefer to bang their favourite captives without impregnating them, I guess as a form of stress release? Because there's no such thing as dragon love, no, definitely not...

Note that the actual impregnation can also use mana to get better minions. But that's where virility comes in. Read a page or two back, it just got explained in some detail.

No, your minions think you're a pushover. :devilish: Too many of them can cause this, but not only and not with all minions.

Thank you! I read about that breeding part into the notes, but I supposed I might have missed or "forgot" some parts (I confused that magic cum with the "ritual to seal again the demons")

What happen if the knight is already spawned? Will she despawns if I keep infamity under 5 for enough time?

Pushover? I supposed our "power" levels were too close... lol

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
What happen if the knight is already spawned? Will she despawns if I keep infamity under 5 for enough time?
No, (s)he took a vow, remember? These knight characters take their vows seriously, for some reason. ;)

You're stuck with that knight, and the best ways to get unstuck are to kill him/her, or try the 'another knight' route and hope you can kill that one. People have also managed by savescumming like crazy, or adopting a nomadic lifestyle while leveling up.

Pushover? I supposed our "power" levels were too close...
Either that, or there's a lot of them buggers underfoot. Goblins tend to do that because people go overboard with hiring them once they discover the awesome power of meatshields. There are ways to get them under control (mainly: don't level the goblins and don't weaken your captives too much; they can't eat what they can't kill :sneaky: ), but then you'll get cockatrices and basilisks and those are more troublesome when you're still small.

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
No, (s)he took a vow, remember? These knight characters take their vows seriously, for some reason. ;)

You're stuck with that knight, and the best ways to get unstuck are to kill him/her, or try the 'another knight' route and hope you can kill that one. People have also managed by savescumming like crazy, or adopting a nomadic lifestyle while they level up.

Either that, or there's a lot of them buggers underfoot. Goblins tend to do that because people go overboard with hiring them once they discover the awesome power of meat shields. There are ways to get them under control (mainly: don't level the goblins and don't weaken your captives too much; they can't eat what they can't kill :sneaky: ), but then you'll get cockatrices and basilisks and those are more troublesome when you're still small.
Gotcha! I suppose my level 3 cockas are the problems...

PS: I'm having a blast :love:

Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You can 'entertain' the cockatrices by providing each of them with their own personal cage and maiden to torture. But it's not particularly wise to invest in architecture while the monster knight is still after you.

Hypermode

Feb 21, 2019
The proper way to manage knights (and mobilization) is to keep your infamy down. Way, way down. Each point of infamy level (the number after raw infamy in the main map screen) gives +5% chance that a knight will spawn each month. If you have under 5 infamy, there will be no knights.
Something that tripped me up for a long time in this game: keeping infamy low is highly recommended for a tiny dragon, but the very first quest tells you to raise it to 10. In my case this led me to put off doing the quest (which is bad because a lot content is gated behind it) but I imagine it could also give a beginner the impression that raising infamy is good.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
keeping infamy low is highly recommended for a tiny dragon, but the very first quest tells you to raise it to 10.
Well, that's because it was the first quest in DW, and raising infamy is one of the few things a tiny dragon can actually do.

I now have Big Brother come and remind you about infamy one week into your very first game ever (not just new game).

See him giving advice to little Olaf here:
BB_infamy.jpg
BB_infamy2.jpg

the impression that raising infamy is good.
Well, it can be good, depending on circumstances. If you want to capture angels from patrols, female knights coming after you, get better girls from cultists, slightly faster gremlin builders, raise your pride score, beeline for the demon ending or the third ending...

Riujin

Jul 29, 2018
Before I go crazy about it.... In the quest of the witch where you impersonate the king, if you go to the brothel you can "buy a girl for 50g"... is that worth it? Maybe a unique event? Or just a random girl?

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes