Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yah, rounding error. Make the 'resist()' function in 'PlayableCharacter.rpy' into this:
Code:
        def resist(self,key, raw = False):
            if self.base_resist.has_key(key):
                base_resist = self.base_resist[key]
                added_resist = self.calculate_evo_stat('%s_resist'%key)

effect_resist = 0
                if not raw:
                    for effect in self.effects:   
                        if self.effects[effect].has_key('stat') and (self.effects[effect]['stat'] == 'resist' or self.effects[effect]['stat'] == '%s_resist'%key):
                            effect_resist += self.effects[effect]['value']

resist = min(base_resist + added_resist + effect_resist,95)
                return round(1.0 - resist / 100.0,2)
            else:
                return 1.0

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
Girl.rpy, line 590: if you have a guard on a non-pregnant captive, she can end up with fractional attack which makes randint() throw an exception. Quick fix:

return self.hp//10 + random.randint(
math.floor(self.attack),
math.floor(self.attack+self.attack_mastery)
)

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I went with
Code:
            return self.hp//10 + random.randint(int(self.attack),int(self.attack+self.attack_mastery))

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
I went with
Code:
            return self.hp//10 + random.randint(int(self.attack),int(self.attack+self.attack_mastery))
probably a better solution, tbh. Rounding towards zero is more likely to be right.

Here's another one. rape_labels.rpy, line 1728. Keyword "if" is repeated

Last edited:

Jash83

Jun 8, 2019
Yeah, I'm just gonna write this off. Following that walkthrough I was able to work out how to get started- found a treasure chest in the sea containing a gem I was able to fence for 30g, hired some bandit bodyguards, found a lair in the sea, started raiding around and fiddling with the evolution system, despite not really knowing what the hell I was doing or why the hell it takes so long to put exp into the upgrade I want. Built a cage, kidnapped a maiden and stuck her in it under guard, FINALLY managed to get the first size upgrade done, decided to see if I could force myself on my captive now... and every time I tried to take an action to restrain her I hit an uncaught exception and nothing happened. Well this whole thing was a bloody waste of my time. I'd be better off just replaying the original Defiler Wings again (although I think I'll try the unmodded version of this first after all), because this is just a complete mess.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Say I want to make the alva queen immune to losing egg power after being deflowered, how do I make the code statement?

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
So what's the deal with the Architots? They've got most of the map locked down and even with a full squad, magical buffs from the witch and breathing fire, I can still barely scratch even one of them.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
They are suppose to be near unbeatable with many resistances. Its one of the endings if you beat the big bad himself.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Edit: Holy fuck, where is all that stamina and mana coming from?! HP is also quite high, ar you farming Darkwood or something? Normal maximums should be about 36 stamina, 60 mana, 700-860HP, maybe a little more from Darkwood.
I broke the evolutions :cool: :ROFLMAO: :eek:

docclox

Game Developer
Aug 20, 2016
They are suppose to be near unbeatable with many resistances. Its one of the endings if you beat the big bad himself.
I haven't even come close. I have a medium size dragon and they architot's started spawning when I managed to evolve a pair of wings.

I was hoping the situation would resolve as part of the plot, but if it's a late game event that triggered early, I might as well restart. It's only a matter of time before I run out of money and starve to death.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Getting an altar and sacrificing girls should stave off the demons for awhile. You could search the files and tinker with the sacrifice results or the seal reduction during sleep.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Random looping, excitement does not increase beyond 2;

1598800471322.png

Seems to be random girls.

Nvm, some torture fixed that.

Aug 18, 2020
This game is very difficult, and I doubt anyone will get a good ending, or even survive, wthout some serious savescumming or route optimization. I tried to make a guide a few days ago, but it only covers the first sleep cycle and a very bare bones recommendation for your first evo.

Aug 18, 2020
Fun Fact: My guide is insufficient. I'd go as far as to say the game is currrently impossible in it's current form, even with my evolution mods that make the game much easier. 666 seals is not enough, particularly when the seals start dropping at rates greater than the amount of days spent sleeping. Dunno why that is, always managed to massacre the cultists or reloaded an earlier save to avoid them. Anyway, here are a couple screenshots of my final waking moments attached. Screenshot 1 is a bug showcase, of what zzczys mentioned earlier of different portraits being shown.

Sidenote, if you want to cheat Jman has given us mortals console commands. Specifically, you can set satiety and seals to whatever you want with shift+o to open console and (kingdom.demon_seal = 10000) and (kingdom.demon_seal_max = 10000) and (dragon.satiety = 66666)

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
rape_labels.rpy, line 1728. Keyword "if" is repeated
Random looping, excitement does not increase beyond 2;
I remember fixing this, but I don't recall exactly where. I think current changes to these files don't rely on anything else, so try downloading the rape files I just now added to the OP, and see if the problem persists.

I tried to make a guide a few days ago...
I put the guides in the OP as well, hope you don't mind.

Edit:
Y-yay? I'm gonna be here hoping that list isn't too long then I guess
It keeps growing. :unsure:
/Edit

Yeah, I'm just gonna write this off.
Your loss.

... and every time I tried to take an action to restrain her I hit an uncaught exception...
And instead of reporting the error or looking whether it's been quickfixed in the thread, you just threw a tantrum.

...because this is just a complete mess.
It's called a work in progress. :p

...why the hell it takes so long to put exp into the upgrade I want.
'Dragons sleep for a long time' theme.

Say I want to make the alva queen immune to losing egg power after being deflowered, how do I make the code statement?
Quick'n'dirty in 'lair - classes.rpy':
Code:
        def girl_birth(self,unit,room=None,ensure_success=false):
            if unit.was_virgin:
                unit.was_virgin = False
            if unit.spawn_type == 'advanced' or unit.name == 'Queen Alarielle':

So what's the deal with the Architots? They've got most of the map locked down and even with a full squad, magical buffs from the witch and breathing fire, I can still barely scratch even one of them.
They'll be a little weaker in the future, succumbing to ice, magic, acid and lightning. Currently, only ice and acid work. It's part of the 'evolve heads to match resistances' gameplay. Display bugs don't let you intuit what's wrong right now, though. :(

The projections will also be triggering endgame when the map is fully locked down, so you need to play whack-a-mole with them if you want to survive. Architot himself is ten times as bad. :cool:

I was hoping the situation would resolve as part of the plot, but if it's a late game event that triggered early...
It's basically a doom clock that keeps you on tour toes. Or strung up and stressed out, judging by what testers players say. :D

I'll put in a warning about the timer at the beginning. I guess I'll also make it so that 0 Kingdom fear will stop the clock. You'll have to contend with the increased patrols, then, but those are more survivable.

Edit:
...and starve to death.
You don't starve to death, you're just stuck in your lair with 0 AP. Might be worth calling endgame then.
/Edit

666 seals is not enough, particularly when the seals start dropping at rates greater than the amount of days spent sleeping. Dunno why that is...
Too much fear, i.e. too little mobilization. The original TfD had 77. :D

Anyway, here are a couple screenshots of my final waking moments attached.
Hmm, you might have been bit by high fear. Infamy is not good for a weak dragon, you know. :p Kingdom fear of at least 10 doubles the seal loss. Otherwise, looks like a respectable one-year-old dragon or thereabouts.

Specifically, you can set satiety...
This will only work for one shot in the next release, then satiety limits will kick in.

This game is very difficult, and I doubt anyone will get a good ending, or even survive, wthout some serious savescumming or route optimization.
I'd go as far as to say the game is currrently impossible in it's current form
I'll be making 'Easy' easier, and the seal restoration might need a buff. The 'altar-enabling' quest will come a little earlier, too.

I'd appreciate a save with some optimisation where the invasion is just to happen, and sacrificing just doesn't cut it.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 8 Votes