Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
It also hints that man built lairs cannot be expanded. Theres a set number of rooms and thats all you have to play with. Other lairs can be expanded using biomass.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
That quest with the mad alv made me wish that we could perform our own experiments on captives if we had enough mana to do so. Hyper fertility(more eggs per pregnancy), increased milk production above what the egg count does, health or combat related stat increases, that kind of thing.

I was going to say something about the poverty going back down to 0 being too fast but I soon realized that if you get it high enough it takes a pretty long while to go back down. On that note, the fear counter, does having a lot of fear-inducing body parts affect the amount of kingdom fear there is?

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
I'm not sure about having multi births, it would reduce the need to hunt for maidens which is s significant part of the game. Minion stats can increase by battling, you can take up to 4 minions in a squad and their stats will grow.

Fear inducing body parts are the fear the dragon generates. Used for keeping minions in line[they wont simply make a meal of weak maidens] and causing enemies in battle to cower, whereby they either perform no action or flee the battle entirely. Not all enemies can cower though.

Kingdom fear is calculated separately.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Eh, they were spur of the moment spitballs. I knew about the battles increasing stats, got a peasant that can rival a basilisk hehe, just thought that a dragon doing biological/magical experiments would be a neat thing while reaping the benefits of them in some way.

Good to know your bodyparts don't affect kingdom fear, apart from size it seems.

What does "Scared into a gypsy" mean anyway? Now that I think about it a minor guide to the pride/shame system would clear up some confusion, more on the shame side than pride.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Goddammit, zz. :mad::p

experiments
Most of it can be accomplished by just getting another couple of maidens. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but it doesn't really jive with the rest of the mod. And in any case, if I ever did something like that, restoring the original spell system would take priority.

The 'de Ad' storyline is also pretty much completely untouched and features the original sci-fi elements, and is thus somewhat at odds with the more traditional fantasy themes of the mod.

the fear counter, does having a lot of fear-inducing body parts affect the amount of kingdom fear there is?
No. Basically, the idea is that if a peasant gets told 'there was a cat-sized dragon, but he was really scary', he stops listening at 'cat-sized'. If you tell him 'the dragon was as big as a barn', he starts paying attention.

got a peasant that can rival a basilisk
You do? Maybe if it's an untrained basilisk, and a maxed peasant doesn't compare favourably even then, due to lack of armour and acid spit.

What does "Scared into a gypsy" mean anyway?
You changed lairs while a thief or knight was seeking you out, making you a 'gypsy' dragon. :p Maybe there should be a level check, too, IDK.

guide to the pride/shame system would clear up some confusion, more on the shame side than pride.
Most of it should be pretty self-explanatory.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
You changed lairs while a thief or knight was seeking you out, making you a 'gypsy' dragon. :p Maybe there should be a level check, too, IDK.
This seems inevitable if you cannot capture the thief and knight during the same sleep cycle? One or the other is always after you...

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
This seems inevitable if you cannot capture the thief and knight during the same sleep cycle? One or the other is always after you...
Eh, capturing the knight and then paying to off the thief before moving once woken up seems to work alright.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
You might also be able to leverage the one-month grace period before a new knight spawns.
I think i dont pay attention to the calender, unless I need something from the slave trader. I always see a new knight at the next sleep cycle, after catching the previous one.

I never thought I'd see someone utter these words about an adult game and mean it.
Well egg laying plays a big part in this game....

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Might want to add a flag or something to attach to a knight's profile after you release them and find out they're actually a bit of a slut to make them enter the dragon's lair regardless of their level or equipment when they go back to the lair in the next sleep cycle. They refused to go back into the lair due to the lack of level and equipment versus the lair defence, etc, despite it more or less stating that they wanted to get punished by the dragon instead of being let go.

On that note, is there any chance of a dragon cult in the future? People willingly bringing treasure/virgin sacrifices to the dragon in the vain hope that it won't raid their village if they appease it enough, that kind of thing.

Also, are there wild tribes other than the lizardman and goblin/gremlin tribes? I can imagine a seaside village of naga that occasionally finds treasure from sunken ships for you, and minotaurs in the mountains(at least, ones who remember dragons are their fathers) that capture people for you, but I don't know if them being tribes is a thing in this game.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
If you make friends with the slavers, which you can encounter in the mountains or sky, they will open a shop at the island, if you have opened up the island. On the 1-3rd of every month, you can shop for peasant, burghess, alva, noble maidens.

Not sure about the others, which would reduce the dragon's work.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
[slut knight flag]
Good idea.

any chance of a dragon cult in the future? People willingly bringing treasure/virgin sacrifices to the dragon in the vain hope that it won't raid their village if they appease it enough
Not really, since that would diminish the dragon's actions. Also, where would they bring the stuff? If a bunch of peasants know the location of the dragon's lair, so does the King. If not, even a set location is an obvious trap waiting to happen. And the dragon going around in person and exacting tribute out of various people is already included.

Also, are there wild tribes other than the lizardman and goblin/gremlin tribes?
There might be, but again, I don't want to take agency away from the dragon. Maybe I'll relent at some point when the micro overwhelms me, but not now.

Reactions: PariahLies

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Thought the alva queen was funny enough to want the dragon, would be interesting to see what sort of story the caught knight would say before being eaten or raped.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Is there a mechanical reason to have a high amount of pride or is it mostly just equivalent to a scoreboard?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
would be interesting to see what sort of story the caught knight would say before being eaten or raped.
"Oh, Heavenly Father, sav-" before and 'Aaahhh... draky...' afterwards? :p

Is there a mechanical reason to have a high amount of pride or is it mostly just equivalent to a scoreboard?
No, its something like an achievement system, although it's a bit more precise than the usual and also tracks failures. It's there so you can feel good (or bad :D ) about your the prowess of your scaly alter ego. Or compare your dragon e-peen with others, I'm not judging. :sneaky:

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes