Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
What do I do with EXP? are they just passively consumed every cycle when I sleep for evolutions?
Yes, pretty much, you need both exp and food to evolve.

What does "you need to be a legendary dragon" mean?
Max size dragon.

Where Can I buy fish?
In the Lizardman village.

I don't see any lizardmen villages anywhere
It have to be founded first.

You will get a quest to do so after you complete the quest to have a dragonspawn.

However, the village is founded by releasing lizardmen into the wild and waiting, I don't think you actually need the quest active in order to do so.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Yes, pretty much, you need both exp and food to evolve.
You need only food which is consumed while you sleep. I dont think exp is consumed during sleep evolve.

Exp is used to speed it up. With enough you can Instant evolve.

However, the village is founded by releasing lizardmen into the wild and waiting, I don't think you actually need the quest active in order to do so.
I think all the regular size humanoid minions also qualify; kobold, croc, lizardman, leafzard, gargant, frostpaw, ravager but usually by the time you get the quest you only have kobold and lizardman available.

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
You need only food which is consumed while you sleep. I dont think exp is consumed during sleep evolve.

Check your exp right before and after rest...

I think all the regular size humanoid minions also qualify; kobold, croc, lizardman, leafzard, gargant, frostpaw, ravager but usually by the time you get the quest you only have kobold and lizardman available.
Yep, all the "Lizard-like" you listed.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
this game has a time limit too but at least you can do something about it, if not in-game then outside of it.
Well, you can also do things in-game about the time limit.

Milk farm report don't count past one.
solution: In lair_classes
That's weird, I'm getting milking reports as normal, and that part of the script looks identical to the hotfix. Your changes shouldn't actually change anything, either, it's just refactoring as far as I can tell. Anyone else have that problem?

Error screen if the thief is caught while stealing treasure.
If thief is caught and dies by "loving" the report behaves as if she was knocked up and released:
After taking out a galleon there is russian
Will be fixed.

thief_girl.alive
I'm not sure that property is very usable outside of rapes.

I found an event that let me catch 2 girls at once, much appreciated!
The deerbeasts? :D

Where to eat at high infamy?
The safe options are to either eat girls, buy girls from Hakim and eat them, or buy fish/meat from the lizardmen. None of these are viable or even available early on.

feels like I'm just encountering fights everytime
That's the point of mobilization, you aren't safe when prowling around. There are several ways to manage mobilization, including just killing the patrols.

How in the everloving hell do you keep a monstrous and up size dragon fully fed? Is there some sort of feeding mechanic/spot I'm missing or should I just chill it with the evolving until full and then turn it on when needed?
These dragons take 360-1800 satiety to stay alive... Evolving is another 350-2400+. Well, I'd say getting ~1000 satiety shouldn't be too much of a problem. Otherwise, IDK. Maybe the food requirements need to come down a bit? I suppose you can also starve and use the Witch to heal up afterwards if you have the cash.

The highest sizes for the dragon are pretty much untested ATM, so feedback is appreciated.

But yeah, you do have a big belly by then, so it makes sense to use it.

Is there a specific kind of fireling/ice maiden I should be getting to get balor/frost wyrm minions?
No. I suspect what tripped you was either the magic requirement or virility. Although a Monstrous dragon should be just above the virility threshold.

ravager eggs are labeled as juggernaut
Yeah, I really need to do something about these.

If you mutate your main head, does the element of your breath attack change or is it always fire?
No. Mainly because (re)creating a spell system and UI is a massive pain.

You can think of it as a spell, not a breath attack. Breath attacks are what you do with your 'regular' attacks.

Max size dragon.
And level 25+. Just size doesn't cut it (although why anyone would want to go only for size evolutions is beyond me).

You also get the village when a starving lizardman runs away, or by donating enough of them to Mom that some start wondering around. Or you can impregnate and release a girl and hope she doesn't get caught. :devilish:

I dont think exp is consumed during sleep evolve.
It very much is. Maybe you're swimming in XP and don't notice it, but not everyone is, especially on the harder difficulties.

Instant evolving takes satiety and XP as usual. Just no sleeping, merely about an hour of game time.

Kobolds are too feeble to qualify. Plain Lizardmen are indeed the most likely option, although about one in three nuns can also give you a Croc to play with, and the requirements for 'seeding' a Croc are considerably more lax than for a 'proper' Lizardman.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
That's weird, I'm getting milking reports as normal, and that part of the script looks identical to the hotfix. Your changes shouldn't actually change anything, either, it's just refactoring as far as I can tell. Anyone else have that problem?
Didnt I report this to you earlier? I think you said will be fixed?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, it did get fixed. It was kinda subtle, though, so I overlooked the change at first glance.

Unfortunately, there are other fixes as well, so the end result may not work very well. But if you're brave enough to try this instead of Ambjorn187 's fix...

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
I think its better for a proper release. I dont think others would want to dig for it after more posts are added after this?

dongdong42069

Oct 11, 2020
How does one instant evolve? I'm assuming that's legendary dragon?

Also I think I'm at a point of no return, my size is impressive, got a couple other upgrades under my belt, but I'm half way through infernal and I'm struggling to just feed myself.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
How does one instant evolve?
Instant evolving is an endgame convenience. You distribute your XP via the slider and the click on the '+[X]' button(s).

Also I think I'm at a point of no return
Impressive size is where you always have at least 1 Kingdom fear, no matter the mobilization. So, sorta.

The basic feeding loop is to raid villages and occasionally mix some animal herds in as well. And fish from lizardmen, when that becomes available. :D I don't know what your exact problem with feeding is, so I can't give any more specific advice.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Oh no, my problem wasn't getting enough food to last through the sleep or even have some left over for topping out lust or magic or even evolve a little. I guess I wasn't conveying what I meant properly.

Essentially the issue is that you eventually get a satiety max that is so high that you can't ever see yourself filling it up. It could be solved by having bigger but rarer creatures to eat, whales, mammoth herds, the mumaks you hear so much about, but at the same time it isn't actually a problem since you can still get enough to last through the sleep cycle and still have some left over for evolving or whatever.

If the larger dragons had a higher metabolic need that matched their appetite, and at the same time larger and more filling creatures to eat were a thing, then it would strike a nice balance I believe.

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
Really? When I said count I meant the number of girls, when I had many milking farms it only said 1 girl was being milked.

Will be fixed.
(y)
I'm not sure that property is very usable outside of rapes.
good to know.

The deerbeasts? :D
yep.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Turns out the lizardman tribe can feed you all the food you could ever need if you supply them with more minions than they know what to do with. Exhaust their natural stock and then supply them with 5 lizard-type minions to fully restock and voila! All the huge fish you can stuff down your gullet. 450-500 satiety for 5 minions isn't a bad deal, especially if you can mass-produce lizardmen.

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
At least when you first get there, once you max out the discount bonus (have given 50 minions) then you can just about get 400 satiety for 3 minions, and the village stockpile will be unchanged. So 600 and leave the village emptier.

Only buy THE BIGGEST FISH! it is by far the best deal in village-storage/satiety ratio

sure, small fish is better money/satiety

but big fish is useless, never buy it.

A good practice is to buy THE BIGGEST FISH! if you can.
If you can't give away 1 minion at a time until you can.

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
Who or what do i got to molest to get a lizardman bread. Im at the every minion type quest and i can't remember what maiden type gave me lizardman. Maybe a nice adition to the bestiary would be obtained from x maiden type or something like that.

Edit. Also maybe consider lowering the torture damage per size a bit. Right now i need to savescum torturing a 30 ish hp maiden since i can do up tu 37 damage for 1 session witch means anything under fireling maidens a high tier dragon cant even touch xd.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Just a reminder: you can click "orders" and then "cease evolving"
Which will let you easily restock your food until you are ready to continue.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Essentially the issue is that you eventually get a satiety max that is so high that you can't ever see yourself filling it up. It could be solved by having bigger but rarer creatures to eat, whales, mammoth herds, the mumaks you hear so much about,
That would wreak merry havoc with current balancing. And mean finding more pictures that don't really exist, since I couldn't even get a proper 'dragon eats cow' picture. :(

If the larger dragons had a higher metabolic need that matched their appetite
But they do? Pretty heavily so, e.g. Monstrous dragons eat 6 times as much as a fledgeling to survive.

Really? When I said count I meant the number of girls, when I had many milking farms it only said 1 girl was being milked.
No, you were right. I misread my changes (see the above attachment).

I am pleasantly surprised to see how well the fish seem to be working.

but big fish is useless, never buy it.
Big fish is a niche usage for when you don't have the time or minions to reach 'BIGGEST FISH', or are nearing the satiety cap.

Who or what do i got to molest to get a lizardman bread.
Ninjad by Ambjorn, but nobles are guaranteed and beastkin can do so as well (the better ones, others just give Crocs).

Maybe a nice adition to the bestiary would be obtained from x maiden type or something like that.
Nice idea, but it's a bit random where it counts (human girls), and the others are pretty self-explanatory. So not sure how it would work.

Also maybe consider lowering the torture damage per size a bit.
Yeah, that was an oversight. A quickfix is available here.

prehot

Jun 25, 2020
I think i should have the blood legacy quest completed after getting the lizardman. I checked a few times if im missing any minion type and i cant seem to find one. Halp me pls. The save is attached in case is something wrong with some flags.

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
I think i should have the blood legacy quest completed after getting the lizardman. I checked a few times if im missing any minion type and i cant seem to find one. Halp me pls. The save is attached in case is something wrong with some flags.
I think you need to go fish, I looked through your minions and couldn't find a Naga.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes