Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Completing a quest unlocked it. Can't remember which one though. I think it was the one leading to the rise of the lizardman village.

Reactions: Merenal

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Yes some lairs have pre built things, so be careful not to demolish them if you cant build them yet.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Is there actually a titan fortress in the clouds and it's just exceedingly rare
Yes.

Is the phoenix encounter supposed to have 5 enemies? I mean, I can see it being possible to beat as is, after some head min-maxing, but I would have assumed it would be one enemy with a really high amount of health and damage.
I inherited this whole Darkwood/Darkshire mess from Eliont but you're right, one Phoenix would be better. Mechanically, there's not much of a difference since the critter auto-retaliates anyway. I'll make it a five-in-one Phoenix. Maybe you want even a 10 or 20 times more powerful Phoenix? :p

Note that Darkwood enemies have special abilities that can do additional damage or even stun (and in the worst case, stunlock :cool: ) you. So judging them by the standards of a 'regular' fight is not very wise.

Edit: I think I'll experimentally toughen up the Darkwood encounters, so the lions and antelopes level up to thrice their original stats and the Phoenix goes up to 20x. Should be a proper challenge now. :D He will also lose his vulnerability to fear, IDK what was up with that. o_O I'm not sure the other creatures would also need to be fear immune, so I'll hold off on changing them at the moment.

rng encounter to succesfully impregnant her, I just can let her go. I have a Cage an a Dragon´s Lair. Do I miss something?
There's a limit on how many 'free-range' captives you can have, which is the same as lair size (max number of rooms). But if you're not being shown any of the "Take her to the Lair" options, then you're probably indeed too weak to actually drag the girl back.

[wings]
Sounds like a flaw in design.
True. :( Will get fixed.

Human girls usually die when I show them my dragon penis.
I take it you're not using the quickfix for 'change_affection'?

If you can Mate with her at 25+ affection do so.
That's why lustful girls make good captives. ;)

Wait until her affection is 49, then rob her to push it past 50.
I'll be removing this for non-'lust' captives.

are you a save scummer? if so see if she would survive a rape.
Why no torture? Torture is exactly what's meant to wear them down without killing because your dragon was too horny to care.

Last edited:
Reactions: PariahLies

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
The first one, then one every three years, plus the discount one if you choose it as a reward. So you can theoretically have an unlimited number of Homunculi.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Simply having the phoenix be a 5 in 1 would be sufficient I think, on easy, maybe 10 for normal, and +5 phoenixes in one per difficulty if possible would be a nice curve. I do like the other bosses being bumped though, as they felt a little weak, but this might mean that their loot would maybe need a slight bump too.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Simply having the phoenix be a 5 in 1 would be sufficient I think, on easy, maybe 10 for normal, and +5 phoenixes in one per difficulty if possible would be a nice curve.
It's possible. But enemies already scale with difficulty, and while nominally an 'impossible' enemy is 2.(6) 'easy' enemies, I think in reality they are already something like 5 times tougher. I'm not sure about throwing a 10 000 HP Phoenix at the players, but let's see what others think.

I do like the other bosses being bumped though
You mean you would like them to be harder? Or that they are harder now? What exactly are we comparing here and on what difficulty?

their loot would maybe need a slight bump too.
Loot and the whole money economy is already kinda independent of battle difficulty. I don't know that anything feels thematically too weak, even if the fight is comparatively tough (because these are relatively poor enemies, or because you gave them time to prepare, or surprised them due to low mobilization, etc).

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
True. :( Will get fixed.
Will you change a 4 to a 3? Or a 9 to an 8?
Oh, maybe a <= into a < ;)

That's why lustful girls make good captives. ;)
:sneaky:
I'll be removing this for non-'lust' captives.
:(
Why no torture? Torture is exactly what's meant to wear them down without killing because your dragon was too horny to care.
Because the direct torture option do more(?) damage than rape.
Code said:
value = 1, fear_mult = 1.0, hp_ratio = 1.5
times four
versus
Code said:
value = 4, fear_mult = 1.0, hp_ratio = 2.0
for torture.
And choosing to play with > torture costs a lust
and if she can't take a rape you can probably only do one or two options per session.
That feels like a big waste of lust.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Or a 9 to an 8?
This.

Well, you'll still have torture for the same exact purpose.

Because the direct torture option do more(?) damage than rape.
They do? I just tested a size 10 dragon with 100 fear and torture did roughly 8 damage, while rape was about 20-25. You are using the quickfix, right?

And a medium-sized fear 10 dragon did about 7 damage in either case. Going for 'play' then 'fear' did very little damage, like maybe 1-2.

times four
versus
The thing that kills them is high fear, which is more heavily multiplied by there being four checks rather than a four times higher value that the fear is added to.

And choosing to play with > torture costs a lust
That feels like a big waste of lust.
I don't usually use all my lust every sleep cycle. And unless the girl is 'proud', you can just imprison her and do one session of torture when she hits 49 affection.

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
They do? I just tested a size 10 dragon with 100 fear and torture did roughly 8 damage, while rape was about 20-25. You are using the quickfix, right?
No, I'm using my own mod.
The thing that kills them is high fear, which is more heavily multiplied by there being four checks rather than a four times higher value that the fear is added to.
I have kept my fear relatively low, so that wasn't really noticed.
I also didn't read the code that carefully, sorry.
I don't usually use all my lust every sleep cycle. And unless the girl is 'proud', you can just imprison her and do one session of torture when she hits 49 affection.
I don't use all my stamina per cycle, I sleep to recover lust, and only use enough stamina so I recover it when I sleep.

My Lair is an industrial milk and egg farm.

• Haha
Reactions: Jman9

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
There are 2 types of torture, sex scene torture and lair torture, maybe should differentiate between the both?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No, I'm using my own mod.
In that case your troubles are (slightly) self-inflicted. Captives take excessive damage and then the Hand of God saves them from death.

I have kept my fear relatively low, so that wasn't really noticed.
Low fear shouldn't really kill your girls that badly. In any case, that's the (unfortunately current) yesterday of the mod, so I'm not making any more changes until people get the opportunity to test the changed affection function themselves.

I don't use all my stamina per cycle, I sleep to recover lust, and only use enough stamina so I recover it when I sleep.
Sleeping for shorter periods can be slightly inefficient on a day/stamina basis. And where do you get all your girls if you spend all the time fucking around? Regular customer at Hakim's? :sneaky:

Lust is also an 'infinite' resource once you get access to the Flying Island.

My Lair is an industrial milk and egg farm.
:LOL:

There are 2 types of torture, sex scene torture and lair torture, maybe should differentiate between the both?
Direct torture is roughly equivalent to physical torture (claws, fangs etc). I guess I'll make it identical, even.

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
Low fear shouldn't really kill your girls that badly. In any case, that's the (unfortunately current) yesterday of the mod, so I'm not making any more changes until people get the opportunity to test the changed affection function themselves.
It doesn't, It's really just those nobles that started dying.
I mostly just mentioned that to point out that with low fear the difference between torture and rape in damage is miniscule.
Sleeping for shorter periods can be slightly inefficient on a day/stamina basis.
But it is more efficient in hatchery usage as I wake up to refill them.
And where do you get all your girls if you spend all the time fucking around? Regular customer at Hakim's? :sneaky:
Reuse. I have as many milk farms as max lust, just make sure the girls close to "deliver" are in them before sleeping.
1000 minions in the army don't care about quality. ;)
Lust is also an 'infinite' resource once you get access to the Flying Island.
Should probably hurry up and find it then.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
It doesn't, It's really just those nobles that started dying.
I mostly just mentioned that to point out that with low fear the difference between torture and rape in damage is miniscule.
That's true. My point was that with the 'change_affection' modification, the similarity is that neither outright kills anyone. The latter only happens with frail princesses and humongous dragons.

But it is more efficient in hatchery usage as I wake up to refill them.
You make it sound like your dragon works at the 'milk&egg farm'. :D I'm getting mental images of ties and tailoring for the, erm, tail... o_O

Should probably hurry up and find it then.
That's a pretty endgame thing, though.

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
You make it sound like your dragon works at the 'milk&egg farm'. :D I'm getting mental images of ties and tailoring for the, erm, tail... o_O
Farming simulator:
Dragon edition

A game where you manage your very own farm in one of 24 different locations. "Interact" with a diverse cast of "farmgirls" that help you as you build up from a single hatchery to a profitable business delivering vast quantities of "premium" milk to local markets.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
You mean you would like them to be harder? Or that they are harder now? What exactly are we comparing here and on what difficulty?
I'd like the lion to be a bit harder at least. I kinda steamrolled it on normal, and at the time I remember I wouldn't dare to storm the city gate. A reward other than loot would also better incentivize using several cycles worth of darkwood exploration to go after the bosses, perhaps something like a permanent stat increase as is the theme of a few other rare darkwood events?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, I could add an HP increase to the Lion, attack mastery increase to the Antelope, and both to the Phoenix, still subject to the maximum limits you can get from the Darkwood.

Edit: I can also increase the temporary boosts from winning the fight, to something like 10-90 attack, 3-20 stamina, 500-2500 HP, depending on what lantern cycle you're on.

I don't really want to buff the Lion too much, though. When you go against the city gates, you're allowed to take your homunculi or other hard-hitting minions. The Lion is one-on-one, and can stun you as well.

Edit2: Maybe just making it always at least 3 Lions and 3 Antelopes would work.

Edit3: I think I'll make the benefits from non-darkwood beast meat scale a bit with dragon size, double the benefits (and cost) of Witch rituals, and increase satiety from 'magic meat' to 50/100 (not sure about costs here).

Last edited:
Reactions: PariahLies

caju

Oct 5, 2017
I take it you're not using the quickfix for 'change_affection'?
I downloaded from the op.
It isnt my fault if no one included these "fixes" in the last few months into that.
Or do you think new people will actually go through x pages searching for all the "fixes"?

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes