Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

dongdong42069

Oct 11, 2020
Any guide to endgame tier minions? Right now I'm spawning wyverns and drakes, but can't really find fire/ice girls to mass produce higher tiered units

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Any guide to endgame tier minions?
I guess Demonspawns all the way? :p

can't really find fire/ice girls to mass produce higher tiered units
A side effect of the giant lairs being so rare. :( For firelings, Darkwood has a low chance to encounter one, the highest-tier cultists can have any of the higher-tier girls except demons, and there's a special fire gal hidden somewhere. :sneaky: Ice maidens can only be had from cultists and Jötuns, although there's an extra 'poverty' encounter where you can acquire one as well.

dig to the dwarven kingdom
Er, the idea of beating dwarves at the mining game is pretty nuts. o_O A digging dragon isn't some sort of super-tunneler like an Umber Hulk or a Zerg. He's just capable of digging without it taking months to get anywhere, like humans and shovels/pickaxes.

The idea is insane enough that I might actually think about it. :unsure: No promises, though.

mine building
No minion work buildings are planned, for reasons already described.

iron or gold or whatever vein would also be a way for digging minions
Not the Dragon way of mining. :D Dragons let other people do the hard work, then swoop in and take the product. The mountains are chock-full of mines for just that purpose.

destroy that windmill or logging building or whatever? Dig out under its foundations
Could work, although it might take longer than just firebombing the place.

Or in combat for example, being dig capable could give you one of two options
Properly (re)creating an ability-based combat system is a lot of work that I'm not willing to commit to at the moment.

flying south and causing some chaos in the southern kingdom.
This is purely a gameplay thing. The Sultanate is a stand-in for off-screen human cultures. I guess I could justify it by saying going there would be a week(s)-long flight, and the dragon would get bored before getting anywhere, but the real reason is (again) that then you want to explore the city in human disguise as well, get access to new shops, new girl types, new mercenaries... This is basically an expansion pack we're talking about here.

I think you've noticed that I don't have the output of a dedicated game developer, which makes such ambitions a bit beyond the scope of the mod. :(

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yes, there will be three changes to help with the rarity of certain lairs:
  • I'll roughly double the weights for rare lairs, and increase the others a bit, too. This in itself will not be a tremendeous change. But...
  • I will also provide a one-time option to buy ice/fire/titan lair locations, if you've scoured the sky/mountains for a long time (a few hundred times) and still haven't found anything. There will also be reputation level requirements, maybe 10/12/15 for ice/fire/titan.
  • And to make hunting firelings/ice maidens worthwhile, there will be a system for 'hunting' lairs you've already found at least once. The boost will be up to 10 times the weight, depending on how leveled your dragon is and how many times he's already encountered that specific lair. It'll cost an extra 0.5 stamina, though.

Dim342

Oct 14, 2017
I can not figure out what "restore' stamina evenly" order actually does.
I mean i see it adds 1 day if seep time is set 1 day less then maximum, but stamina received is somehow still 3.5/4

Last edited:

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Any guide to endgame tier minions? Right now I'm spawning wyverns and drakes, but can't really find fire/ice girls to mass produce higher tiered units
What you want are chimeras(virgin demon girl spawn, unsure of virility requirement) and demon girls(so far I've only found them in darkwood, very rarely). Chimeras to deal with the dwarven champion and the golem and demon girls to deal with angels. Everything else is kinda a pushover with a squad of either of these(except a select few bosses due to it being better to fight them solo or because you can only fight them solo) and you really do not need to go all the way to getting a demonspawn(virgin angel spawn) to wreck ass. While it would be wise to look at other sources for base defense, strong minions, etcetera, what you get out of darkwood is simply better in almost all aspects. Only problem is that the rarity of demons won't really permit what you'd want to do, IE mass production, unless you count a demon in a breeding pit producing succubi for the rest of her life as mass production.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
BUG:
In the workshop, making something when you have more than 10 of the material you used to make it and choosing to make 10 of the items, 10 out of 14 gold ingots in my case, creates the 10 items as requested, but the "create 10" option does not go away when I now have 4 ingots left. Clicking the "create 10" option again creates 10 more items regardless of whether or not you have 10 pieces of material, allowing the player to essentially get 20 crafts worth of items out of 11 in the extreme bug exploitation, or in my case 14, pieces of material.

BUG:
Another workshop related one. I went on a crafting spree and came out with 104.6/31 orange stamina, leaving my dragon with a stamina dept that shot his usual sleep time up from 130 days to 567 days. Luckily I had enough satiety to last this, 7690 -> 3021, but it would seem that every action in the workshop takes from your stamina and doesn't track if you have enough to continue crafting so it goes past 0 without telling or stopping the player.

Last edited:

Kaftan

Jan 12, 2020
can someone provide a cheat mod or console commands ?
seriously this game needs some kind of tutorial or guide instead RMB text based tips...

Steel dragon, easy mode, medium size, lost 1st battle against old knight...

caju

Oct 5, 2017
seriously this game needs some kind of tutorial or guide instead RMB text based tips...

Which one are you playing? Original game or mod?

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
It's not surprising you lost. A medium dragon is more suited to capturing lone maidens and hunting animals than fighting people. Only way you'll do good enough damage against anything better than an attack dog is by having a squad of minions with you, which is usually a bunch of goblins hired from the wild tribes in the early game. And even then I would put the dragon at the back of the formation to make sure the goblins die long before the dragon is even laid a scratch on.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
"create 10" option does not go away
Use the attachment if you want it fixed ASAP.

Eliont's bugs are going to haunt me forever, it seems. :(

I can not figure out what "restore' stamina evenly" order actually does.
It tries to make you sleep a little longer if you'd otherwise 'waste' some of your sleep time because stamina is recovered in integer blocks. Maybe I should add fractional stamina recovery instead...

chimeras(virgin demon girl spawn, unsure of virility requirement) and demon girls(so far I've only found them in darkwood, very rarely).
Chimeras require 24 virility, so a size 8-9 dragon. Demon girls can also come as really high-level thieves. Witness zzczys farming knights and thieves throughout this thread. :D

Demon lasses as minions are for magic resistance, right? Maybe they should lose some of that, or I could give male angels a lightning attack instead of fire, too?

enough to continue crafting so it goes past 0 without telling or stopping the player.
Well, I kinda find it amusing that the dragon can overwork himself to death... :p

Anyway, I'm not sure what the intended behaviour ought to be. Cap the extra stamina loss to max stamina, so you don't get more than an extra sleep cycle's worth of fatigue?

A cheat mod(mod) would kinda defeat the purpose of the mod, IMO. But you're free to alter the mod to your liking, as several people have done, and even share your changes.

Some console commands.

RMB is the manual, not tips. Actual tips you get from Mom, either via chatting or quests. The latter also serve as a sort of tutorial by giving out goals and unlocking buildings.

It's a reasonably close battle, but note that he's well-armored against your dragon's attacks (physical 33% and sound 20%), while the lizard is not particularly tough against his sword/lance (physical 10%). You can click on the battle cards to see various stats.

squad of minions
Unless you're doing some sort of self-imposed challenge, this is probably the most important piece of advice to a new player.

I feel like the early progression would be goblins-mercs-basilisks and then the game gets pretty easy after
Everything else is kinda a pushover with a squad of either of these
Hence my plans to nerf minion evolution. :devilish:

Although in my experience, cockatrices and peasant girls are available before you get human mercenaries. Could be difficulty-related.

• Love
Reactions: Dim342

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Two questions:

1) Is it lack of art for the portrait or a lore/gameplay reason that you cannot start as a magic/rainbow or tentacle dragon?
2) Of the three images below, which one is more accurate to what the tentacle head looks like? tentacle dragon heads maybe.png

Demon lasses as minions are for magic resistance, right? Maybe they should lose some of that, or I could give male angels a lightning attack instead of fire, too?
Their magic resistance isn't all that special, some others have that too. Their best use in my eyes is as a minion to be used against angels, as only they as far as my experience goes have some lightning resistance. Angels having fire as part of their attacks would make the red heads more useful than their current state(only really useful against the phoenix and to use a volcano as a lair), but at the same time it would detract from their status as the 'lightning titans'.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the intended behaviour ought to be. Cap the extra stamina loss to max stamina, so you don't get more than an extra sleep cycle's worth of fatigue?
That would be nice, though I'm not sure what conditions other than workshop overwork would cause that.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Is it lack of art for the portrait or a lore/gameplay reason that you cannot start as a magic/rainbow or tentacle dragon?
Lack of time to find and crop dragon portraits, mostly. Although the rainbow head is somewhat more powerful than the other options, so I'm not too keen on including that as a starter.

The UI is kinda crowded, too, but that is not a major obstacle.

Of the three images below, which one is more accurate to what the tentacle head looks like?
I'm not actually sure. Going by the description, the first one, but I don't see anything wrong with the second, either. The third is kinda weird, maybe not that.

Their magic resistance isn't all that special, some others have that too. Their best use in my eyes is as a minion to be used against angels
But angels do magic damage, do they not?

only they as far as my experience goes have some lightning resistance.
Succubi, Chimeras, Demonspawn, angel and fireling girls have that, too, and most of them possess the full 95% resistance, unlike the demonettes' 50%.

Angels having fire as part of their attacks
The male angels ought to be magic/fire. Aren't they?

That would be nice, though I'm not sure what conditions other than workshop overwork would cause that.
I meant just the workshop. Theoretically, pretty much any action in the lair can lead to overworking, but most of them are not as stackable.

Maybe I'll just jump you to the 'time has passed' screen when you've been in the workshop for a while.

Edit: I think I'll add fractional stamina recovery for 'missing' fractions, but not in general, to incentivise sleeping for longer periods of time at once.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Its probly bad rng now, since thieves lately are becoming more brazen and rushing in underdeveloped, and so getting caught as a variety of types except demon. :ROFLMAO:

caju

Oct 5, 2017
It is always nice to take my *non-swimming* wyverns and drakes to Triton's palace under the sea.
Definitely not an oversight.... since they cant swim... :devilish:

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
I'm not actually sure. Going by the description, the first one, but I don't see anything wrong with the second, either. The third is kinda weird, maybe not that.
Thanks for clarifying. I was having a bit of an issue cementing what it looked like by imagination alone.
But angels do magic damage, do they not?
If I remember correctly, yes.
Succubi, Chimeras, Demonspawn, angel and fireling girls have that, too, and most of them possess the full 95% resistance, unlike the demonettes' 50%.
Interesting, never noticed that. Seems I was unintentionally making angel fights harder on myself.
The male angels ought to be magic/fire. Aren't they?
Judging by their combat image and background image alone, I'd say yes. Though by that logic then Akim should be a viking slaver named Ragnar or something since both the background image of the fight and the enemies themselves have a close enough resemblance to what you'd call viking raiders.
Maybe I'll just jump you to the 'time has passed' screen when you've been in the workshop for a while.
That would work just as well. A week's worth perhaps.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Its probly bad rng now, since thieves lately are becoming more brazen and rushing in underdeveloped, and so getting caught as a variety of types except demon.
RNG, probably, but thieves you can at least discourage for a while by building some more defences. Knights are much more tied to dragon levels.

wyverns and drakes to Triton's palace under the sea.
I fixed that just two days ago. Note that underwater is actually less of a problem than the sky lairs.

Interesting, never noticed that.
Regularly checking enemy stats is a good idea. :sneaky:

Judging by their combat image and background image alone, I'd say yes.
No, I mean mechanically. Doesn't their combat card say magic/fire?

Though by that logic then Akim should be a viking slaver named Ragnar or something since both the background image of the fight and the enemies themselves have a close enough resemblance to what you'd call viking raiders.
That's because I didn't want there to be a lot of brigand subtypes, and went with the 'sexy' brigands. They are everywhere, they even defend the brothel!

Hakim has a specific 'guards' picture that shows when you try to intimidate or rob him.

That would work just as well. A week's worth perhaps.
A week is a different amount to different-sized dragons. It's several sleep cycles to a hatchling, and maybe a quarter of one to a big wyrm.

Currently, I just went with anything over a day. In practice, crafting 10 items takes 2.5 days at most, so 3 days is the maximum.

Reactions: caju
3.50 star(s) 8 Votes