Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Man, finding the sky fortress at all is proving to be a pain in the ass.

Anyway, I'm nearing what I'd call the end of what there is to do in the game and I was wondering, what events are in the game that an average player likely won't encounter unless they were specifically trying to get it or encountered it by stroke of luck?

Also I was digging through some of the game's images(the leading cause of my first question) and found a set of the purple-haired queen in eastern harem clothes. What's that about? I'm also curious what the beggar set and swamp girl's context/how to get it is.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
what events are in the game that an average player likely won't encounter unless they were specifically trying to get it or encountered it by stroke of luck?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

purple-haired queen in eastern harem clothes. What's that about?
Branching sex scenes.

Edit2:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I'm also curious what the beggar set and swamp girl's context/how to get it is.
Branching in the outcome of the Queen quest, depending on who you spoke to and what you told them to do.

Last edited:

dongdong42069

Oct 11, 2020
I'm at the monstrous size right now, and holy shit I'm losing 100 infernal seals per full stamina charge lol, so I spend around half of my waking time saccing girls. Anyway to kinda cheat that?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'm at the monstrous size right now, and holy shit I'm losing 100 infernal seals per full stamina charge
It'll get worse when you grow even bigger. :devilish: It's the price you pay for being successful.

I spend around half of my waking time saccing girls. Anyway to kinda cheat that?
You should have a minimum of 12 stamina, and get only good sacrifices that restore 19+ seals a pop (nobles, elves etc). So you need at most 5 of them, meaning ~5.5 stamina to catch them and ~0.25 stamina to sacrifice. Therefore 'half of my waking time' is only true if you have no stamina-raising evolutions at all.

You can use Hakim and buy your sacrifices from him, that'll cut down on the legwork a bit.

Or you can manipulate seals with the console if you're tired of doing this.

I can probably make a sort of auto-sacrifice feature, if there's serious demand for it.

Edit: Okay, done. Huge dragons and larger now have an 'auto-sacrifice' option, which allows you to record your sacrificing activities and then auto-perform them at the start of a new day after a sleep cycle. These are subject to some restrictions, like having to sleep for at least a month to be able to auto-sacrifice, using up all your altars, no cheating via storing girls etc to get a better return than catching a 'perfect' angel per day, resetting when you demolish an altar.

Last edited:

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
I can imagine it involving assigning a minion who has magic as part of their attack elements who will then sacrifice a 'free-range' captive whenever they can.

But it's not like It'll be used much since after a while you become quite tired of the whole catch and sacrifice cycle and simply use the console command to up the seals again. It wouldn't be as bad if we could find some sort of temple of the demon worshippers and temporarily put a stop to their bull by slaughtering the whole commune, or something.

Honestly a big and successful dragon needs agents to carry out its will as a means of automation. It's not like it can be everywhere at once, and doing everything yourself is tiresome work so it's only natural the dragon might think of sending minions off to do stuff. On that note, what the blazes do your minions use all that coin for anyway? It's not like that lizardman or murloc can simply walk up to a human settlement and use the kingdom's coin to buy food or whatever. The only way that's a possibility is if you have humans or elves or whatever as part of your minions, and only then can the expenses on your minions actually make sense. I do realise there is a goblin village where the coin might be exchanged but it's not like they have a use for it apart from exchange between themselves as they are economically isolated for all intents and purposes as they suffer the same fate as your minions, at least until the lizardman village pops up. Same goes for the dark army. It'd make more sense if you were to send materials instead of coin over to them, or carrying back a cow or two extra back to the lair to feed your minions.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I can imagine it involving assigning a minion
Read my lips: minions aren't getting more agency anytime soon. :p

Look at my last edit to see how the dragon will be doing it.

temple of the demon worshippers and temporarily put a stop to their bull by slaughtering the whole commune
The 'temples' of the demon cultists (not worshippers, I'll be changing that) are a significant fraction of the villages and towns of the Kingdom. If you can burn enough of these with impunity, you're either in the Final Battle or you've already won.

The seals mechanic is meant to be a check on your power, not something you can just ignore. I hope automation will alleviate the temptation to use the console.

On that note, what the blazes do your minions use all that coin for anyway?
It's an abstraction, since I didn't want to add a 'supplies' resource. I don't find my dragon having to do grocery 'shopping' terribly fun.

It'd make more sense if you were to send materials
It's one of those ideas that sounds nice in theory but just adds pointless tedium in practice, for most people. YMMV.

• Sad
Reactions: PariahLies

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anyway, here's an edited version of the file you suggested for some proofreading. In essence there wasn't much to change, just that the same issues repeated themselves constantly over the many sections that might as well be ctrl-c/ctrl-v copies of each other. There was also enough of a sex-appropriate pronoun issue that it made me wonder if having some male captives purely as pleasure toys or minions is ever going to be a thing in the game, but then I laughed it off.

• Love
Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well, I can't do everything, so I'd rather do the few things I can properly.

Anyway, here's an edited version of the file you suggested for some proofreading.
Awesome, incorporated a (slightly modified) version straight away. The whole thing could definitely use more editing, but at least some of the worst offenders are gone now.

made me wonder if having some male captives purely as pleasure toys or minions is ever going to be a thing in the game
I never thought machine translation could get that powerful at influencing people. :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: PariahLies

dongdong42069

Oct 11, 2020
I just saw ending 3 today and it was actually pretty cool, how many endings we got?

Also I think it's better to make minions some sort of automation machine instead of combat assets, since from a gameplay perspective stuff like sacrificing is just a chore.

Also how do we initiate the final battle?

Last edited:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
There are 3 endings

You get to initiate the invasion after finishing most of the quests. You will know when you go to Drakonia, there will be a new option, BEGIN THE INVASION. You need a really large army though.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Lots of goblins, or lots of golden heads, or lots of guards, or lots of tentacle traps.

Lots of guards is the easiest to reach, just keep breeding.

Knights and thieves make good breeders, their power is much higher than maidens. A noble knight is almost double a noble in egg power, so gives better eggs. Also has more hp, if you let them recover after getting caught. But still have the same death rate from multiple births.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Thanks, what's the criteria to beat a thief? just trap quantity?
Trap and minion quantity vs the Thief's abilities, items and weaknesses. Tentacle traps are (usually) best against thieves, as already mentioned.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Is it possible to sleep in dragonia? The dark lady speaks, or rather, suggests it would be better to do so rather than to sleep in the lands of the free.

Do you need to have sent a minion type over to the army before you can buy them from the army or is the coin thing when you review the kinds of minions that can be part of the army just for show/possibly what their expenses value is?

The lady speaks of making more dragons requiring a dragoness or at least a dragonborn, is that going to be a thing or is it just flavour text? I think it would be a nice twist of things if there was a female dragon out in the world that our dragon could court and eventually mate with. I can only assume dragonborn in this context meaning that the one mated with is related to dragons on some level, and thus the succubi seem to be the only candidates since they're the only ones of your offspring who we know are female. I'm only musing on this thought because technically speaking incest is already a thing, via the dark lady.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Is it possible to sleep in dragonia? The dark lady speaks, or rather, suggests it would be better
It's a remnant from DW. I don't think you could sleep at Mom's there, either.

If you have an idea that would make this option distinctive enough, I might consider adding something.

you need to have sent a minion type over to the army before you can buy them from the army
This.

The lady speaks of making more dragons requiring a dragoness or at least a dragonborn, is that going to be a thing or is it just flavour text?
Who knows what she's plotting? :sneaky: But nothing is planned ATM, so consider it her snowing the dragon.

It's largely a remnant from DW, where you bred successive generations of dragons with the Lady.

I think it would be a nice twist of things if there was a female dragon out in the world
A lot of things would be nice. For example, it would be nice if I had a modding team doing the work for me, and I could just come up with the ideas and playtest the end result. No such luck, alas. :p So we need to remain within the realm of what's possible with limited effort.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Dont forget the graphics required too. ;)
If you have an idea that would make this option distinctive enough, I might consider adding something.
Providing everything might make things too easy, but then it would be like the others...

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
When you guys say noble knights, do yall mean capturing a knight/thief that's invading?
Knights and thieves are fundamentally the same as other girls and have a 'template' they use. So there are 'peasant knights', 'noble knights', 'catgirl thieves' and so on, including everyone's favourites, the demonette thieves and angelic knights.

They are usually considerably tougher than run-of-the-mill examples of the same 'class', making them better at breeding, as minions, etc.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
I don't think it should be a lair in of itself but rather an option you can pick among the other topics at hand in dragonia. In exchange for a higher chance of your non-caged or whatever captives fleeing, as well as a knight killing all of your minions if they are strong enough to overpower them if they went to your lair at that time, and a thief making off with everything in your lair if they went to your lair at that time, and your minions being more misbehaving than usual, sleeping in dragonia could be twice as effective at restoring stamina, mana, and lust, halving the time you usually sleep? And you yourself are safe from a knight I suppose.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'm not sure it would be very useful, since you're 'safe' from the knight most of the time anyway, via running away. An intruder is going to rob and destroy the lair irregardless of whether the owner is present or not.

I don't really like undermining the sleep mechanics that way, either. A proper dragon sleeps in his lair, not at his mother's. I could see infamy going down faster or something like that, but not doubling rest effects altogether.

And if that's not the case, I don't know what would make it good enough to offset the penalties.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes