Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Army equipment needs increases as more minions arrive so dont forget to send more coins too while sending in minions.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
On that note, the quest that has you gather 200000 gold coins is a tad insane, since there's nothing in the game that's worth you actually having, let alone spending such amounts of coin in the first place, but considering most if not all of that is gonna go to the army anyway and that the aformentioned amount is probably chump change when it comes to equipping a large enough army with good enough equipment I suppose it's a moot point.

Part of me wonders though if we're going to get an inventory system that allows the dragon to equip armour or make use of magical artifacts that boost various abilities, resistances, etc, but then I think of a dragon's pride getting in the way of that and it is probably thinking that wearing armour or using suplementary equipment is an admittance to it not being good/strong enough to beat its enemies, but then again going after strong animals to eat and using the witch's rituals to improve oneself in preparation for a battle or an upcoming threat falls under the same category so I don't really know how under what category of acceptance I'd file a dragon wearing armour or using magical artifacts/bling.

Minyon

Nov 27, 2019
Keep getting CTDs from certain things.

One when I'm in a shop, and I click the "sell everything" button. It seems to have something to do with the thief taking a bunch of my items, but they're still showing up in my treasury or something.

The one here happened while I was fighting one of the bosses from the darkwood edge. I'll try to recreate the other one if I ever get the chance, but I'm obviously not actively seeking out these.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
On that note, the quest that has you gather 200000 gold coins is a tad insane
That's the point. :cool: Used to be one million. o_O

there's nothing in the game that's worth you actually having, let alone spending such amounts of coin in the first place
Buying an army of 200 000 goblins in loincloths? Getting 10 000 girls grom Hakim? You can always find ways to spend money in an extravagant and pointless manner. :D

And a good-sized dragon wants a bed of 200k, easily.

the aformentioned amount is probably chump change when it comes to equipping a large enough army with good enough equipment
I think 200k gold will fully equip a '100k goblin equivalents' army to the max.

Now that I think of it, hiring the buggers could probably see a cost increase, too.

Part of me wonders though if we're going to get an inventory system that allows the dragon to equip armour
The one time I significantly modded an inventory system took so much effort I'm not really keen to repeat the experience, especially starting from scratch.

So, not very likely. :cautious: Basically, evolutions are your equipment, in a sense.

it is probably thinking that wearing armour or using suplementary equipment is an admittance to it not being good/strong enough to beat its enemies
That's a good point, but (especially self-made) magical trinkets are probably fair game. Armour is iffier.

going after strong animals to eat and using the witch's rituals to improve oneself in preparation for a battle or an upcoming threat falls under the same category
Ripping the heart out of your prey and eating it is entirely fine. That's just good dieting.

And the Witch is, well, special in many ways. I can see a prideful dragon balking at the notion he needs magical, er, 'performance enchancement', though. :sneaky:

One when I'm in a shop, and I click the "sell everything" button.
Never happened to me, and I tried one of zzczys's old saves and nothing was wrong there, either. So I'd appreciate a save or at least a traceback.

It seems to have something to do with the thief taking a bunch of my items, but they're still showing up in my treasury or something.
Tested, shouldn't happen.

The one here happened while I was fighting one of the bosses from the darkwood edge. I'll try to recreate the other one if I ever get the chance, but I'm obviously not actively seeking out these.
More of Eliont's bugs. :cry: The Antelopes were missing a critical effect for the pseudopod attack. Use the attached file for new games, and console 'darkwood.encounters['antelope']['target2']['crit_effect'] = {}' to fix ongoing games.

Incidentally, Darkwood seems to be exempt from difficulty scaling. Will be fixed.

And thanks for spotting those!

Last edited:

Minyon

Nov 27, 2019
More of Eliont's bugs. :cry: The Anrelopes were missing a critical effect for the pseudopod attack. Use the attached file for new games, and console 'darkwood.encounters['antelope']['target2']['crit_effect'] = {}' to fix ongoing games.

Incidentally, Darkwood seems to be exempt from difficulty scaling. Will be fixed.

And thanks for spotting those!
This fixed it, thanks.

As for the other one, I recreated it. After getting a bunch of things from the antelope, I slept for a month and got a thief visit. Instead of going after the jewels I got from the antelope, they went for my gold. And then, when I went to sell the jewels, I crashed. But now I have a traceback at least.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
As for the other one, I recreated it.
Try the attachment. Rushed it. Try again if you did so before the edit. Should also fix some minor issues with the Thief's loot list, but not ignoring jewels altogether.

Instead of going after the jewels I got from the antelope, they went for my gold.
Can you provide me with a save where that happens, too? This is really not intended behaviour.

Last edited:

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
I feel like the mermaids need nobility of their own. A more fitting prize for taking over the underwater palace than a normal mermaid which you can get quite easily and relatively early via other means. What they could lay eggs to would be a kraken or possibly some sort of leviathan-equivalent as a virginity-empowered egg and naga as normals.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Have you taken a look at what you get from the Underwater Palace? As far as breeding goes, the Triton's mate is about 50% better than the common bints.

The primary bottleneck here is (again) pictures. DW indeed had a 'Siren' subtype in addition to mermaids that gave better spawns. Getting a Kraken minion in the game is also not that hard. But mermaid pictures for pretty much everything are already deficient (especially dragon sex), and creating extra 'girl packs' is not an easy task.

If someone makes at least a dozen packs that are sufficiently distinct from mermaids, plus portraits and miscellaneous pictures, I'll reconsider. Until then, you'll have to live with the current mermaids.

I could improve the 'special' mermaid a bit, but I don't really want to get into a situation where a mermaid and another mermaid are worlds apart in terms of statistics.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
I see... Perhaps I'll go on a hunt at some point.

Would an octopus-girl be sufficiently distinct from mermaids? I think tentacles have to be a part of them in some way if they are to be the Triton's mate(judging from both the background pic and battle card) as well as possibly giving birth to a kraken. And judging by some images used in some other girl types I'm also assuming that there doesn't absolutely have to be a dragon in the pic but it would be better if there were and that having a human do the dicking is an absolute last resort(judging by one or two mermaid pics, more specifically the ones that look like Ariel).

Minyon

Nov 27, 2019
Can you provide me with a save where that happens, too? This is really not intended behaviour.
I started a new save because I figured it should fix the problem :)cry: 1.5k health dragon gone. Reduced to atoms).

I think it may have been because I had had a full inv at one point, and I tried to go over it (?). Don't know, only that it started after I looted the capital and a dwarven kingdom before going into darkwood for the first time.

But if I encounter the issue again, I'll attach it here.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I don't think tentacles are necessary, but I have nothing against them, either, if you can find enough quality pictures. A quick trawl tells me there's the same problem as with slime girls: most of the octopus girls are way too goofy. But I didn't really take an in-depth look.

The Triton has tentacles around him, not necessarily as a part of him. And dragonspawn can have all sorts of features not necessarily found in the parent species. :)

The 'Ariel cum' picture was indeed an extreme last resort, since it was one of the very few high-quality mermaid pictures I had. Tentacles can pass as the dragon in a pinch.

Minyon: Maybe you still have an auto-save somewhere?

Edit: I don't think there's a 'full' inventory. There's only an extremely crowded inventory that might slow the game down etc.

Edit2: I boosted the 'Merprincess' stats some more, so they're slightly below ice maidens and firelings.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Right, so it turns out it's kinda easy to find royal-looking mermaids(excluding the Ariel-with-a-crown images). But just like the dwarves, actually finding images of mermaids in general getting fucked by something at least resembling a dragon is turning out to be an issue(and finding sites that have a lot of mermaid or merfolk material to comb through in the first place that aren't furry(not that there's anything wrong with furry, just that this game's style doesn't strike me as such)). Guess I'll just have to be satisfied with a boosted normal mermaid.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Tentacles or a largely out-of-the-picture colored brutes would be fine, too.

And if you already went the trouble, you can always make a few mermaid packs, royal or not. More variety is always welcome, and making packs for the mod is dead easy.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Eh, I'll just share what I naively already went ahead and edited for their captive images, as well as those I thought might be worth as part of the general sex images or whatever. Perhaps you'll find some use for them.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
They have some discord server?
If 'they' means Eliont, the creator of the reboot, then .

If 'they' means Jman, then no. He uses this thread as a proto-discord. The number of people who are even aware of the mod's existence is too small for a Discord group to take off.

If 'they' is the original creator of Defiler Wings, The Old Huntsman, I have no idea what he's up to these days. MER seems to have died a quiet death a few years ago, his Patreon is all but abandoned, his GitHub is only a little better. He could be dead or gravely ill for all I know, and I never had any direct contact with him.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Medium-term: make it to '1.0', which means (in addition to stuff already implemented since November, like automated sacrifices, demon gate rebalance, inviting knights and thieves over, etc) :
  • Make sure the 'hunt for lairs' option works.
  • Implement the demon (girl) events.
  • Implement the elven adventuress events.
  • Do some extra digging options.
  • Complete a minor rebalancing, mainly lair weights and minion elements/resistances.
  • Polish a few bits of UI.
Longer-term (which may be never, or two years from now, or just two months, who knows?):
  • Steal some dragonspeak clips from Ravager and do a complete voicing of the dragon's lines.
  • Ditto for girls.
  • Round out existing avatar pictures so all colors are 'full' (right now only green and black are).
  • Take a look at DW strings and port some more of them over (like origin-specific girl names).
  • Consider giving minions the ability to 'hold down' captives, as they could in DW. Maybe boost some dragon stats as well. Not sure if it'll work out in the end.
  • Add more 'dragon sex' pictures as I find them.
  • Add more events, using a number of pretty nice pictures I've collected over time.
  • Add some more girl packs.

Last edited:
Reactions: PariahLies

Minyon

Nov 27, 2019
So, other than the archmage, which only shows up if you do things the right (or wrong) way when it comes to infiltrating the kingdom, are there any other "important" enemies that are weak to sound damage? Because I want to get heads that give digging, and I usually optimize my dragon to deal with opponents with certain weaknesses (acid, fire, magic) and I wanna know if evolving three steel heads is a good idea or not.

Nolalot

Aug 6, 2020
If 'they' means Eliont, the creator of the reboot, then .

If 'they' means Jman, then no. He uses this thread as a proto-discord. The number of people who are even aware of the mod's existence is too small for a Discord group to take off.

If 'they' is the original creator of Defiler Wings, The Old Huntsman, I have no idea what's he up to these days. MER seems to have died a quiet death a few years ago, his Patreon is all but abandoned, his GitHub is only a little better. He could be dead or gravely ill for all I know, and I never had any direct contact with him.
Sorry for my English)
I mean Jman, soo bad he doesn't have one.

P.s. Old Huntsman was in this year on own discord Mist of Eternal Rome.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes