Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Would an ogre shaman be sufficient of an upgrade? I can imagine the older and wiser ogres wanting to supplement their strength with some magic, probably of an earth-shattering or boulder-throwing kind, perhaps even regeneration.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Is it possible to get both Isabella and Marianne?
Just be sure to use the option of hunting down every traitor when you assume the king's form and talk to the general
Yes. You always get a shot at Marianne, and Isabella is available when you talk to the Marshal and pick one of the two more aggressive options. If you do what Pariah said, you'll encounter her mid-battle, and if you don't go all out, there's a somewhat different line of events.

Bruiser, Brawler... just offering options and saving you a google search
I appreciate your input, but it looks like I still have to crack open a thesaurus at one point.

Would an ogre shaman be sufficient of an upgrade?
I thought about ogre shamans or ogre magi, but decided against magical ogres in the end. An Ancient Ogre would be fine, but I want to use Ancient for Treants.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Ogre warlord
Blood ogre
Warbringer
Ogre armsmaster
Chieftain
Ogre clanleader

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
You'd kinda need an ogre village to have ogre chieftains or chiefs though. So far the most we've seen ogres on the social level is one being controlled by an elf and another taking care of either his wife or daughter. Primal or primordial ogre might go well if you want to go the 'ancient' route.

On the topic of potions, are there any plans for non-cosmetic potions?

acronon

May 24, 2018
So I keep seeing a lot of talk of updates, but I have not seen it here. Has an update been added that I missed? Currently, I'm on Hotfix 3.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No, 5-11-2020 HF3 is the last one, unfortunately. The rest is brainstorming and sneak peeks at the mod's current development status.

Edit:
You'd kinda need an ogre village to have ogre chieftains or chiefs though.
Yeah, that's why I'm not jumping on the chief bandwagon yet. But it's better than the others.

On the topic of potions, are there any plans for non-cosmetic potions?
Not really. What kind of potions are you missing?

Last edited:

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Not really. What kind of potions are you missing?
Elemental resistance potions that you can have only one of and they last until you sleep, much like the various meats and witch boons, and their flipside of elemental attack potions would be nice(perhaps even changing the breath attack's element), though I can imagine each of them being a tad expensive at around a 100 or more gold each.

I was going to suggest depletable stat replenishers too but we already have ways of doing that without going to sleep(milk for health, alcohol for lust, lust for mana via witch(and darkwood fire for mana)).

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
acronon: There have also been a few critical 'quickfixes' scattered about the thread, e.g. for the 'my dragon's dong is so big girls keel over dead just from the sight of it', the Antelopes crashing the game, bulk treasure crafting etc.

Elemental resistance potions
This runs face first into the same issue I have with adding more spells: making the game easier with no drawbacks. Stacking various stats can already get pretty bad.

These potions would also undermine the existing mechanics for handling resistances: mutating heads and rotating minions.

I was going to suggest depletable stat replenishers too but we already have ways of doing that without going to sleep(milk for health, alcohol for lust, lust for mana via witch(and darkwood fire for mana)).
Mana should primarily come from sparks and dragon healing from the Witch (for gold).

I don't really want to give out easily accessible replenishers for lust or stamina, since these are the main stats that govern what you can and cannot do.

To sum it up, potions sound nice from an immersion/simulation POV, but not so much from a gameplay one.

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
Just stumbled on a bug.
If the thief has a cursed lair access item, (winged boots for me) then instead of killing her she just act as if the lair is out of reach.
3 simple solutions (as far as i can tell), pick one.

also:
Ogre Brute or Mighty Ogre?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
What do you call a thesaurus in whatever you speak natively, then?

I've got to admit that my own language doesn't call it anything like a 'thesaurus', either. :) We're much more direct.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I call it "Google" personally
Relying on Google for synonyms is like relying on the Urban Dictionary for translating: in the end, you've only got yourself to blame for the mess. :D

Also: Wait until someone asks for ETTINS
We're not in D&D-land yet. Or there would be longsword+2/health potion/Amulets of Protection from Dragon Seed salesmen at every inn. :) Come to think of it, these probably come as a set, a 'buy one sword, get three health potions for free, don't come crying to me if you needed that APDS'.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Wanting ettins is like wanting a chance for element-specific lair battles to have unique and hard titan battles that reference to greek gods. It'd be pretty sweet but I don't think they fit the setting... then again we have Aphrodite(I only know of her from a peek in the files, haven't actually encountered anything along her lines).

Come to think of it, the existence of treants opens up the possibility for dryads but I already know how this song and dance goes.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes