Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Ardlan

Mar 29, 2018
Can someone explain "seals" mechanic? How many seals broken each day, how cultist killing help etc. Or (maybe best) point at script with seals code. I can't find him :(
The files you are looking for would be (search for "demon_seal"):
  • to increase the seals (through sacrifices)
    • game/_script/lair/lair - classes.rpy
  • to decrease the seals (effected by fear and difficulty) or to start the history event
    • game/_script/subsystem/Kingdom.rpy
  • for the cultist events (no increase of seals only decrease if not defeated)
    • game/_story/events/summon.rpy

There are some other files with checks on the seals.

Reactions: Harpo123

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
In last game my minions eat prisoners from cells nearly each turn (sleep). How to fix it?
I went into some detail about the 'eating girls' mechanic here, including some suggestions.

IIRC the dragon's ability to keep his minions in line scales with his fear/size.
Fear and power, which scales with size, but not only that. Note that a wounded dragon loses power.

defeating the group doesn't net you 2 boars + bear satiety + druid.
Druids are punishment. :p The bears are getting a rougher treatment from the dragon because it's a bigger and tougher battle, so the remains aren't as good for eating.

I guess I can add fully eating one enemy per encounter, but it'll take a lot of combing through encounter scripts. :cry:

Can someone explain "seals" mechanic? How many seals broken each day, how cultist killing help etc.
Code was already referenced, so I'll just sum up the important things:
  • Seals go away at a rate dependent on your Kingdom-wise fear, which is distinct from personal fear and is essentially coupled with mobilization. A rule of thumb is mobilization + fear = reputation level.
  • There is a difficulty-level dependent minimum for seal decay: 0 for easy, 1 seal/4 days average on normal, 1/2 on hard, 1/1 on impossible.
  • There is also a size-dependent minimum for Kingdom fear, so big dragons have faster seal decay even if they keep fear down and mobilization up.
  • Seals are restored by sacrificing captives. Virgins are best!
  • There are cultist events where you can fight them to avoid taking a hit to the seals (and get a girl, too ;) ). The more Kingdom fear you have, the more cultists there are.
Cute heads for decreased fear and dating route when?
Well, from a certain POV you're dating Mom, up to and including giving her jewelry and children. And she probably considers your heads cute, too. :sneaky:

Reactions: Harpo123

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
You're probably getting throttled somewhere. Try using a VPN or maybe Tor. Perhaps consider changing ISP's if this happens repeatedly. :p

In any case, 10 hours is still doable. 100 hours would be pushing it. You are trying to get the whole 1.5Gb+ update, and not just the hotfix, right?

I'm not keen on updating yet, the whole thing is a small mess right now. :(

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
yeah sorted out it was the gaurds, no gaurds no eating
You've got it backwards. Guards for cages -> entertainment -> no eating. Bored goblins, few cages and weak dragon -> nomnomnom!

Although the cage guards (may) do damage in other ways.

gibpusi12345

Sep 12, 2017
You're probably getting throttled somewhere. Try using a VPN or maybe Tor. Perhaps consider changing ISP's if this happens repeatedly. :p

In any case, 10 hours is still doable. 100 hours would be pushing it. You are trying to get the whole 1.5Gb+ update, and not just the hotfix, right?

I'm not keen on updating yet, the whole thing is a small mess right now. :(
Managed to get it to download with a vpn , thanks for the suggestion.

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Where exactly can i find the total count of minions I have sent for Army of Darkness quest?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Where exactly can i find the total count of minions I have sent for Army of Darkness quest?
Nowhere yet. I did add this information to the Army screen some time ago, but well... I'm stuck doing IRL things for about the next week and a half. At least. :(

So your only option is indeed to use the console.

Reactions: caju

Minyon

Nov 27, 2019
Where do I find the ability modifiers (I.E swim, burrow, fly)?. I'm trying to figure out a way to round them up so that I can get less than five heads at max size to have to keep the ability to swim.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Where do I find the ability modifiers (I.E swim, burrow, fly)?
You mean in the code? Look into 'game\_script\characters\PlayableCharacter.rpy', there are six '*_vs_size' functions and three 'max_*' functions. Adjust the values as desired. I'm not sure the '*_vs_size_f' functions do anything right now, but change those too, just in case.

Skald359

Oct 13, 2018
This mod is amazing, thanks so much for all the hard work!

I've been seeing "Devastation +1" when I do some pillaging, but I don't see a "devastation" stat anywhere, and Poverty has stayed at 0 the whole time. Any insight to offer? I haven't been bigger than Medium yet, if that's a factor.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
This mod is amazing, thanks so much for all the hard work!
Thank me when I finally get to updating the thing. :cautious:

I've been seeing "Devastation +1" when I do some pillaging, but I don't see a "devastation" stat anywhere, and Poverty has stayed at 0 the whole time. Any insight to offer?
Devastation is negative Poverty. But low poverty gets reduced at a rate of 0.5 per day, the results are rounded down, and you pretty much always pass a day after taking an action. So a small poverty increase will pretty much always remain unnoticeable.

The dragon just isn't doing enough damage to offset natural economical advancement.

Reactions: Skald359

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
I kind of wish I found out about this sooner I mean took me a while just to remeber the name of the original game I didn't even know there was a remake in renpy or a kick ass mod for it lol. So sad this genre gets so little love, I mean only thing I can compare it to is Strive, and its not really anything like it, I just like going out and collecting a harem, and in this I can even force girls to work for me, at least combatants. Although their was another dragon game forgot name from ages ago you could assign minions to work for you, and build camps and things for them, that would be amazing but a bit too much for this mod project. Till a new one like that shows up this will do nicely :p

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I didn't even know there was a remake
Yeah, took me quite by surprise, too.

So sad this genre gets so little love, I mean only thing I can compare it to is Strive
For me, the two closest games are Ravager and JONT, another Old Huntsman game. But Ravager is far more of a VN, and JONT is a traditional slave trainer, although a pretty unique one.

Although their was another dragon game forgot name from ages ago
Sounds cool. If you recall the name, do share.

you could assign minions to work for you, and build camps and things for them, that would be amazing but a bit too much for this mod project.
Yeah, adding full minion support would be basically making an extra game within TfD. Not impossible, but definitely more than I want to take on.

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
Found it Redscale's Adventure its all text but still interesting game Guy is still working on it but at really slow pace, but I found it about same time I found the original version of this game, kind of liked it more, granted this moded one is way better. Gonna have to give Redscale a whirl again though...

Oh wow his new version is umm well its worse UI wise then the flash one he used long ago lol

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Redscale's Adventure seems pretty interesting as a concept. It also looks like... a weird, crappy Win-based roguelike I tried for a bit sometime around the turn of the millennium. Can't recall the name, either. :cry: And who had the bright idea of locking this thing behind Google accounts?! o_O

Good find, though.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes