Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

ffaz1

Jun 4, 2017
Could someone please explain evolution mechanic?
I have 95 exp and 46 satiety, also 3 different evols are in progress.
So, going to sleep I'm sliding exp to the left and sleeping few days, as a result no exp is applied at all when dragon awakens.
I have tried both to sleep right after sleep and also do battles between sleeping - no result.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Each point of evolution costs 10 satiety and 1 experience point each, and is taken on a per day slept basis. 3 days slept, 30 satiety used, and 3 experience points used toward whatever evolution you're trying at that point in time. If you have less than 10 satiety left after your metabolic tax, healing tax, and whatever other stat fill-up tax happens then you will not evolve as you need 10 or 11 minimum to evolve a single point. However many satiety you have left after the sleep taxes will then take into account how many days you've slept and will then deduct (days slept * 10) satiety from you, or deduct as much as it can without sending you into the negatives.

While you can play however you want I really suggest you stick with only one evolution until it's done, as evolution really tanks your satiety and its effects are especially ravenous while you're relatively small.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jman9 and ffaz1

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Could someone please explain evolution mechanic?
1611347415492.jpeg

I have 95 exp and 46 satiety
So, going to sleep I'm sliding exp to the left and sleeping few days, as a result no exp is applied at all when dragon awakens.
That's strange. A small or tiny dragon shouldn't spend more than maybe 20 satiety on 'stat taxes', so you should be seeing at least a little bit of progress. Are you waking up with unspent satiety? If you do, send me a save so I can take a look.

you need 10 or 11 minimum to evolve a single point.
10, unless there's a bug somewhere.

will then deduct (days slept * 10) satiety from you
Note that if you have more than one evolution active, they are processed in order for each day. This can seriously slow down evolution if you're always, er, starved :D for satiety. That applies for most of the early game, at the very least, so take Pariah's advice here and don't get too greedy with evolutions.

There are also lair options to temporarily stop various satiety-using bits of your sleep cycle, so you can optimise satiety usage.

verdinantt

Jul 20, 2020
Can't download pdf guides for some reason. Ended up going in Darkwood and fooking died. Maybe i should just start with medium sized.

WTF i didn't realize goblins were cheap. I thought 5c = 5g.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Can't download pdf guides for some reason.
F95 seems to be having attachment issues (again). Wait until they fix it. The guides are interesting to read, but the game has seen significant changes since then and they were always incomplete. So you're not missing out on too much.

Ended up going in Darkwood and fooking died. Maybe i should just start with medium sized.
:LOL: Even medium-sized dragons can get lost in the Darkwood, they just have a chance now. The place isn't exactly meant for taking your evening constitutional.

WTF i didn't realize goblins were cheap.
Goblins are love, goblins are life. For pet dragons, anyway. :p

everuk

Jan 8, 2018
Hello. Sorry in advance if this was asked before. I have error when trying to "Hire brigands to harass people". Is it a bug or I just have to live with it? Oh and I did apply hotfix.

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
That problem only appear in Russian, so that is why it still exist. (Unlikely to be found).
It seems to be caused by turning the variable 'coins' into a string and back to an int.
(That's the difference to the English version)
I think a solution would be to instead use a new variable for those checks.

But that code looks weird to me, the code suggests there is a complicated way for numbers to be displayed in Russian but 3 of the four ways look the same. (I don't speak Russian)

everuk

Jan 8, 2018
Thank you. Russian is my 1st language and considering that game was originaly on it I used it. Jumbled rus/eng text isn't an issue since my old days of playing modded Skyrim but I didn't think that it would bug th game. BTW does swithcing to english remove the TODO names and blancks?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I have error... Is it a bug or I just have to live with it?
You don't have to live with bugs unless you want to. :p

That problem only appear in Russian, so that is why it still exist. (Unlikely to be found).
I think a solution would be to instead use a new variable for those checks.
Kinda true, although apparently I had fixed this particular issue at some point after the last hotfix. I just moved the repeated 'int()' up to the formatting and didn't make a new variable.

But that code looks weird to me, the code suggests there is a complicated way for numbers to be displayed in Russian but 3 of the four ways look the same. (I don't speak Russian)
I don't speak it, either, but some reverse-engineering via Google Translate and a few half-remembered lessons told me it's probably because the Russion version is something like 'x goldens' or 'x guilders' rather than 'x gold'. And these cases are a leftover from when it actually was 'x gold'.

...I didn't think that it would bug th game. BTW does swithcing to english remove the TODO names and blancks?
I'm not Russian, unlike the original devs, so I find it distracting to work with Russian text in the code. Which means that the mod is slowly transitioning towards full English, and all the Russian-specific bugs are likely to remain uncovered. Do yourself a favour and play in English, unless you absolutely must have the original texts (which are probably better, but I'm no great judge of Russian literary quality :) ).

And yeah, the TODOs go away. What are these blanks you mention there, though?

Ended up going in Darkwood and fooking died.
Actually, who says you died? The picture you see when you get stuck there is kinda ambiguous, could be the Phoenix, but could also be your dragon after some serious skinny dipping. :D

Last edited:

everuk

Jan 8, 2018
Yep switched to English, just had to ask to be sure. Well orginal had more humoros text for some descriptions and in-jokes for those familliar with slavic folklore and mentality, not sure they transition well (or at all) in english but I seen all of them many times when griding original Defiler Wings 1.4 to 100%. 99% mortality/survivability rate for girls were a bitch to get even with constant save scumming...

klang

Aug 15, 2016
```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/redistributable/common.rpy", line 21, in script
init -10 python:
File "game/redistributable/common.rpy", line 25, in <module>
import os,pygame,math,sys,random,bisect,yaml,time
ImportError: No module named yaml

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/redistributable/common.rpy", line 21, in script
init -10 python:
File "/Volumes/home/xx download transfer/renpy/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/Volumes/home/xx download transfer/renpy/renpy-7.3.5-sdk/renpy/python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/redistributable/common.rpy", line 25, in <module>
import os,pygame,math,sys,random,bisect,yaml,time

Darwin-19.6.0-x86_64-i386-64bit
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606

Mon Jan 25 13:37:44 2021
```

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well orginal had more humoros text for some descriptions and in-jokes for those familliar with slavic folklore and mentality, not sure they transition well (or at all) in english
I'm not good enough to spot most wordplay, but the original did have a distinct 'slavic realism' undertone. Something like 'shit happens and we roll with it', it's not exactly easy to come up with a succint description for this. :cautious:

My concern has been to come up with functional texts instead of the MT gibberish, even if it kinda butchers the original. I'm no wordsmith, though.

99% mortality/survivability rate for girls were a bitch to get even with constant save scumming...
That's not mortality, that's your kill rate. Mortality is them croaking because of poor hygiene, big eggs and medieval nursing. Or goblin nursing. :p

DDM doesn't have goals like these, but you have the stat screen and can set your own RP goals. The ultimate achievement might be a 'shameless' dragon (is this even possible?).

I suspect it's again someone trying the game on Mac (close, but it's actually Darwin; could be an iPhone for all I know o_O ), or otherwise running the game through the Ren'Py SDK. See here for a probable solution (aka 'install the YAML library').

Last edited:

klang

Aug 15, 2016
What were you even doing when that happened?
Starting the game from the SDK

I suspect it's again someone trying the game on Mac (close, but it's actually Darwin; could be an iPhone for all I know o_O ), or otherwise running the game through the Ren'Py SDK. See here for a probable solution (aka 'install the YAML library').

Yup. I'll give it a shot with the zip.

Skald359

Oct 13, 2018
When the game is checking for whether your minions eat captives, does it count converted girls at all?

I've been scanning the code, can't quite suss that out...

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes