Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Wanting ettins
Wanting ettins is okay. Getting them... I don't think they'd contribute much beyond being a bigger ogre, and I'd much rather avoid D&D specific lore if possible. Well, okay, ettin as a word is older than that, but it doesn't reference anything more special beyond giant/ogre AFAIK.

wanting a chance for element-specific lair battles to have unique and hard titan battles that reference to greek gods.
You do dream big. :D

Aphrodite
Aphrodite and Athena exist in the endgame, sort of. Might not be the best fit, but I work with what I'm given.

Come to think of it, the existence of treants opens up the possibility for dryads but I already know how this song and dance goes.
Dryads are damnably close to elves as well. :p

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
Looking at your background I don't see any captives, the 'cells' don't refer to the cages but to the "free range" captives.

lair.cells[1].permavirgin = true
would turn the captive in spot 1 (index start at 0) into a permavirgin, but she don't exist.

Minyon

Nov 27, 2019
Looking at your background I don't see any captives, the 'cells' don't refer to the cages but to the "free range" captives.

lair.cells[1].permavirgin = true
would turn the captive in spot 1 (index start at 0) into a permavirgin, but she don't exist.
This about solved it, thanks.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
I'd question why you want perma-virgins as with that you'd be able to make an army of demonspawn from a single angel but then I look at my own modifications, no damage to girls per day from being in the breeding pits or being milked, and realize that I don't really have legs to stand on.

Reactions: Jman9

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
EDIT: I ended up downloading yaml here:
and adding it to the game directory.
------------
Since I don't have a Windows PC, I dowloaded the Ren'Py SDK to run some games; it usually works but when trying to run this game it tells me:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/redistributable/common.rpy", line 21, in script
    init -10 python:
  File "game/redistributable/common.rpy", line 25, in <module>
    import os,pygame,math,sys,random,bisect,yaml,time
ImportError: No module named yaml
I 'solved' it by deleting yaml from the imports and then ignoring the next errors; but… how should I go about solving it for good? I tried to install yaml from the terminal with pip install pyyaml; but maybe I should install it FOR the sdk environment? I'm sorry; I don't really know how ren'py works. Also, would it be possible to compile it for mac from your end?

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I tried to install yaml from the terminal with pip install pyyaml; but maybe I should install it FOR the sdk environment?
Yes, apparently you did so later.

I'm sorry; I don't really know how ren'py works.
Ren'Py has its own (old-ish) Python distribution included, so changes to your Python installation won't affect anything.

Also, would it be possible to compile it for mac from your end?
No, since
  • I don't have easy access to a Mac;
  • I don't have the time to support multiple platforms.
I recall another guy trying to play the game on a Mac and reporting success. I suggest you contact him if you run into further issues.

juanito

Jun 19, 2017
Yes, apparently you did so later.

Ren'Py has its own (old-ish) Python distribution included, so changes to your Python installation won't affect anything.

No, since
  • I don't have easy access to a Mac;
  • I don't have the time to support multiple platforms.
I recall another guy trying to play the game on a Mac and reporting success. I suggest you contact him if you run into further issues.
Thank you, after adding yaml to the game directory it has worked almost perfectly; I've only got 1 error after many hours. ^^

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Suppose the player doesn't want to make friends with Akim or hasn't encountered him yet, are there any plans to have the dragon still make use of the pirates somehow, like funding a raid on some ships for a virgin or an expedition for buried treasure or even as extra support in the final battle(at least along the shoreline)?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I've only got 1 error after many hours.
Any chance of you telling me what the error was?

are there any plans to have the dragon still make use of the pirates somehow, like funding a raid on some ships for a virgin or an expedition for buried treasure
No, that goes under the 'no more agency for minions' rule.

as extra support in the final battle(at least along the shoreline)?
There's something like a reverse of this, Gwidon can help you in the Final Battle if you beat an anti-piracy patrol.

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
I have noticed a few issues in the enchanted forest.
The queen have a dedicated portrait in the game files, but it is not applied.
If you find the 2 for one deal, and pick the "brown tramp", and get to fight both horned gods:
the game treats it as if you picked the "pale slut".
(why you would ever not pick both is a mystery, but the option is there)
And then a minor pet peeve of mine is that the elf witch attacks with magic/lightning, but once you capture her it's magic/physical.

All 3 of these can be fixed in the same script, so I did, and also added a little bonus :sneaky: .

• Love
Reactions: Jman9

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I have noticed a few issues
Thanks, especially for including the fixes. Will include most of them.

why you would ever not pick both is a mystery, but the option is there
Perhaps your dragon isn't up to facing two of them yet ;), or you just don't want so many elves, or a non-virgin elf.

And then a minor pet peeve of mine is that the elf witch attacks with magic/lightning, but once you capture her it's magic/physical.
Well, she's been taken out of the forest and defiled, maybe the thunder gods don't like her anymore? :p

All 3 of these can be fixed in the same script, so I did, and also added a little bonus
I'm not quite sure about having war maidens roam around like that. The forest is supposed to be a 'safe' zone, so they should only crop up in patrols. I'll think about this when I've whittled down my TODO list a little.

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
Thanks, especially for including the fixes. Will include most of them.
(y)
Perhaps your dragon isn't up to facing two of them yet ;), or you just don't want so many elves, or a non-virgin elf.
Ironic then that the chance of fighting both goes down as the dragon gets scarier:p
Well, she's been taken out of the forest and defiled, maybe the thunder gods don't like her anymore? :p
Damn thunder god, I wish we could fly up and tear him apart, and then take his home, his stuff and his gal for ourselves...
I guess the Titan is an acceptable stand in.
I'm not quite sure about having war maidens roam around like that. The forest is supposed to be a 'safe' zone, so they should only crop up in patrols. I'll think about this when I've whittled down my TODO list a little.
Safe for who?
The alvs? Even warriors need some free time.

Or safe for the dragon? That place is pretty overpowered, 75% reliable access to alva, and all their uses. Also unaffected by poverty and mobilization.
There needs to be some challenge. And the war maiden is not nearly as strong as the horned god.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Ironic then that the chance of fighting both goes down as the dragon gets scarier
Well, at least you get to make the choice when it matters. :p

I wish we could fly up and tear him apart, and then take his home, his stuff and his gal for ourselves...
The Horned Gods could also be those thunder gods, and you can tear them apart and take their gals.

The alvs? Even warriors need some free time.
This. The 'pool elves' are supposed to be 'off-duty' maidens of various kinds.

There needs to be some challenge.
The main challenge is getting the mana required to enter the place. Elves just can't fathom that someone can undo their tricks so easily. :sneaky:

I can increase the druid encounters for high mobilization, or include some ranger patrols, if you wish.

And the war maiden is not nearly as strong as the horned god.
Um, so? You get a mildly special girl from a Horned God to make up for it.

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
Well, at least you get to make the choice when it matters. :p
:p
The Horned Gods could also be those thunder gods, and you can tear them apart and take their gals.
:D ... :devilish:
This. The 'pool elves' are supposed to be 'off-duty' maidens of various kinds.
Yet none of them put up a fight enough to count as a battle.
The main challenge is getting the mana required to enter the place. Elves just can't fathom that someone can undo their tricks so easily. :sneaky:
You'd think they would have learned after the dragon kidnapped Alarielle VI, but I guess alvs are just too smug for that.:rolleyes:
Maybe after Alarielle IXV is lost...
Nah, alvs will always be alvs.
I can increase the druid encounters for high mobilization, or include some ranger patrols, if you wish.
I thought you were the one that wants a challenge.
Um, so? You get a mildly special girl from a Horned God to make up for it.
That was said under the assumption that you meant safe for the dragon.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Yet none of them put up a fight enough to count as a battle.
They're relaxing in a supposed safe haven. Fighter types are not 100% ready to go 24/7. And the 'on-duty' war maidens are guarding the Grove, or out patrolling somewhere.

You'd think they would have learned after the dragon kidnapped Alarielle VI, but I guess alvs are just too smug for that.
Well, at least they beef up the Grove's defences. It's not their fault their MVP is basically kindling to the big D's. :p

I thought you were the one that wants a challenge.
Sure. I'm just not sure that more druids or rangers (or war maidens, for that matter) are going to provide that once your dragon can casually waltz into the sacred groves.

Harpo123

Feb 24, 2018
In last game my minions eat prisoners from cells nearly each turn (sleep). How to fix it?

Last edited:

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
In last game my minions eat prisoners from cells nearly each turn (sleep). How to fix it?
Have less minions or be a more fearful/bigger dragon. IIRC the dragon's ability to keep his minions in line scales with his fear/size.

Speaking of druids. I've got a peeve with them, and this applies similarly to the cave ogre encounter. They usually have boars and maybe a bear with them at some point, but defeating the group doesn't net you 2 boars + bear satiety + druid. You get the satiety for the difficulty level of the enemies, sure, but if you encountered a single boar or bear and defeat them then the amount of satiety you got from the single encounter/enemy is more than you get from the druid group by a relatively large margin.

Reactions: Harpo123

Harpo123

Feb 24, 2018
Can someone explain "seals" mechanic? How many seals broken each day, how cultist killing help etc. Or (maybe best) point at script with seals code. I can't find him :(

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes