Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No, it's my fault. The WIP version has diverged enough that saves are quite incompatible now without a noticeable amount of extra work, so I haven't updated much. :oops:

But I've made the existence of this change pretty clear for those who have complained about it, haven't I?

caju

Oct 5, 2017
No, it's my fault. The WIP version has diverged enough that saves are quite incompatible now without a noticeable amount of extra work, so I haven't updated much. :oops:

But I've made the existence of this change pretty clear for those who have complained about it, haven't I?
There was a lair fix... Then this fix... There was also a fix for some code that had to be done manually...
There was also some code on Dec 5th, not sure if I need to manually change that...
Do I need to keep searching all the way back to the start of November?
I get easily confused, ya know
(I am being an asshole but I am also kind of serious. Cant expect everyone to go searching for all the fixes)

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
No, I don't expect people to search for all of them. I do figure that if they run into an issue and search for a solution, chances are that they can find a fix for it.

I could do another hotfix, but separating the fixes from the features isn't terribly easy by now. So that will eat what little time and motivation I have at the moment.

Edit: Well, if there's demand, I can do the hotfix. It'll probably mean work on any release gets pushed back at least a week or so. Or if someone wants to, I can provide the files and they can do a new hotfix themselves. It'll probably be much harder than me doing things, though.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: caju

creangel

Dec 10, 2020
Any chance you can add some more and varied texts and images when eating the poor little girls, perhaps extend it a little? *cough* ?

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Just a thought: If eating a forest bunny is so undignified for a dragon, why not lower infamy by -1 when he does it?
Or -2 when you become VERY large

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Excuse me if this question comes from ignorance but couldn't the fixes be incorporated into these features you're working on to be released at some point? Though I haven't encountered issues myself they sound like things that should be a part of the main mod/game if they do indeed fix what is wrong, though even this perception of the fixes might be wrong as I'm not entirely sure what many of them even are/do.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Excuse me if this question comes from ignorance but couldn't the fixes be incorporated into these features
No, all of the fixes I've mentioned are already included in the WIP version, and most of the reported issues are solved as well (although lair weights aren't, yet). The trouble is separating them out again, which is a) not trivial due to the amount of code changes, b) useless in the long term and c) way too much like work. :(

Any chance you can add some more and varied texts and images when eating the poor little girls, perhaps extend it a little?
I thought eating pictures already had quite a bit of variety? There's like 48 images in 'game\content\default_art_female\eat'. If you want all of them to be shown during adventures and not just when playing with your captives, that's another matter, since most of them don't have the right proportions to be a 'background' image.

And 'dragon eats X' pictures remain pretty hard to find. If you know a good source, let me know.

If you want more texts, you'll have to supply at least some examples. I'm not a writer, and vore is not one of my fetishes, so I don't really know what ought to go in there. :cautious:

If eating a forest bunny is so undignified for a dragon, why not lower infamy by -1 when he does it?
Well, the trouble here is that infamy is basically stories told about the dragon. Usually there's no-one around when he's eating the bunnies, on account of everyone else being scared away during the hunt, so there's nobody to start the tale. And rabbits don't have mothers who worry why Bunny didn't come home yesterday, go out, find dragon tracks and start pestering the menfolk of the village, telling strangers, etc.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'm thinking about reducing minion power since they seem to be kinda overpowered right now. My first idea is to reduce 'hatchling' power to half of normal and cap improvement at +50% instead of +100%. Not sure about girl minions, could perhaps retain them as they are, but disable gains from torturing for them, making them it much harder get to the max. Thoughts?

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
The end tier minions demonspawn and chimera can reach 600 hp, abt 120 atk. Pretty much easy damage against everything except angels.

Priestess should be left as is.

gains from torturing for them
terror gain? Dont quite understand this one.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
I think the perception of them being overpowered stems from the fact that there is an objectively "all-powerful" minion and that simply having them in your squad guarantees victory against basically everything. Instead of weakening them I'd prefer to have the minions be more specialized into their damage and resistance areas of expertise and the enemies to follow suite, requiring you to think strategically about the possible battles you're going to be facing in whatever zone you happen to be exploring and swap out minions from your squads as necessary.

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Ah wells I dont like unnecessary torturing [dragon with heart of not all stone] so I missed that.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I think the perception of them being overpowered stems from the fact that there is an objectively "all-powerful" minion
I've never managed to get a Demonspawn, and they're quite heavily gated as well (30 virility requires a pretty big dragon). I think the real reason they're overpowered is that when I created minion stats, I considered them against enemy stats. But then I added evolving, which now means every minion can be twice as good as originally intended. Actually even more, since double the stats usually means far more than double the combat power.

I'm actually starting to lean towards an even bigger reduction: caps at 200%/150%/120%/100% for 'story'/'easy'/'normal'/'normal+' and above; and 'hatchling' stats at 100%/50%/20%/10%. But egg quality would remain additive, making good eggs massively more useful.

Instead of weakening them I'd prefer to have the minions be more specialized into their damage and resistance areas of expertise and the enemies to follow suite...
...swap out minions from your squads as necessary.
I can do that, too. Some minions (and enemies) will have secondary elements, and I could reduce damage to 100%/50%/25% for primary/secondary/non-element physical damage. Currently, the reduction is... halved attack mastery for non-element physical damage? :unsure:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Maybe scale the damage to minion type? High tier type minions should have full secondary damage, while less for lower types. Minions like demonspawn are able to use thier magic better than say asp?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
That would be exactly the opposite of what I'm trying to achieve: nerfing the small fry while leaving the big, bad and unbalanced minions where they are. :confused:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
I think the priestess minions should be untouched, they are suppose to be more intelligent than egg minions.

btw whats the purpose of giving minions burrowing? I know swimming and flying...

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'll need to check them again, but I think Dragon Priestess stat caps were handcrafted, so they should be okay.

I don't really recall whether burrowing minions are useful. Maybe if you want to raid the capital by digging, and want to take a party along?

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
As far as I recall, a digging based invasion of the capital is the only use for burrowing-capable minions. Honestly I originally expected to be able to dig to the dwarven kingdom if I had enough burrowing minions and knew the location of the dwarves(ala smuggler's isle or otherwise) in order to circumvent the armies, etcetera, and directly loot the dwarven treasury before they have a chance to evacuate most of it as is per usual if you attack them, with a chance of being discovered and retaliated against as usual, but alas, no such option exists. Digging capable minions would have more use as well if a mine building in your lair existed but that isn't in the design plans as far I've gathered. Being able to "tunnel" in X and Y areas for possible underground resources if the dragon sniffs out an iron or gold or whatever vein would also be a way for digging minions to be more useful.

Apart from that, digging could also be used in a malevolent manner. Can't directly destroy that windmill or logging building or whatever? Dig out under its foundations and make it structurally unsound enough for it to collapse. Or in combat for example, being dig capable could give you one of two options, that being to burrow and provide for yourself temporary cover, or to kick up enough dirt and dust to blind, stun, or otherwise harm the enemy's chances of hurting you. Or if you're big enough to fling a piece of earth at the enemies like a catapulted boulder.

Other abilities could have combat advantages as well. Flying reducing harm from non-flight-capable or non-ranged enemies for a few turns in exchange for using a turn to get those wings flapping, for example. Honestly I kinda wish I was capable of flying south and causing some chaos in the southern kingdom. That sultan has got to have quite the treasury to plunder I'd imagine.

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes