Mod Ren'Py Abandoned Time For Dragons - Defiler Wings: Deranged Dragon Mod [29-07-2020] [Jman]

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Any chance of a mine building being a thing if your lair is not manmade and you have to assign gremlins to it to produce gems and various metals?

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Theres already the mountain encounters to raid mines, and bigger lairs like castle, palaces, dwarf halls have alot of gems to be had.

I think you are thinking of more use for the minions? Since gremlins right now only sit in workshops to upgrade traps and make jewelry.

Last edited:

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Yes. Currently minions are just lair defense and combat support. Gremlins and dragon priestesses being special due to one being required for the workshop and the other being capable of being released from minionhood and used to produce an egg before signing back on.

While not necessary, more uses for minions would be pretty neat.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Well, the long and short of it is that the game was never intended for extensive minion use, and making minions do a variety of tasks is going to wreak havoc with balancing, themes (some of the buggers already overshadow the dragon even in battle!), and would basically open the door to never-ending requests for more minion tasks. So, not going to happen unless someone with a hardon for minions makes a submod, fork or something.

I'm struggling with motivation to continue as of late, even with relatively straightforward features. :(

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Yes, I agree. Finally a dragon game worth playing. Ravager's nice and all but you're kinda limited in that, and most others are disappointing.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
In a sense this game has a time limit too but at least you can do something about it, if not in-game then outside of it.

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
I recently started playing again, first time in the new version.
I found 3 bugs that i solved,(I hope):

1. Milk farm report don't count past one.
solution: In lair_classes comment out (or remove) lines 1409 and 1410
(
self.girls_being_milked = 0
self.girls_being_milked_pregnant = 0
)
and in line 1447. (else: )
replace it with:
elif x==time_amount-1:

2. Error screen if the thief is caught while stealing treasure.
(specifically the message for getting treasure back)
When I looked into this I saw that there is two versions of the same function based on if the dragon tore the thief apart or not.
I know one of them worked fine (from memory) so make the other one look like that one:
solution(i think (haven't tested)):
In lair_thief in line 749 replace the "true" with [] so the line is
(
$gained_treasure = []
)
and add a new line at line 757 that says :
(
gained_treasure.append(it.name)
)

3. If thief is caught and dies by "loving" the report behaves as if she was knocked up and released:
In lair_thief to line 820 (or 821 with the fix above) add:
(
and thief_girl.hp>0
)
so the line is:
(
if not thief_girl in lair.cells and thief_girl.hp>0:
)
Or could probably chech thief_girl.alive but i didn't dig deep enough to find out

After taking out a galleon there is russian

I found an event that let me catch 2 girls at once, much appreciated!

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
You get a little food from destroying patrols, otherwise its to the countryside, hunt for animals. Each victory in the patrol battles will reduce the chance of patrols spoiling your hunt. Or raid villages, pick the smaller ones farm and small village to demand food tribute, the larger villages give money.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Lizardman village seems to be the best for food later on, assuming you've stocked them with enough minions. If you play your cards right your can get about 750 satiety from them per cycle. That said, raiding villages and simply fighting enemy groups will slowly but surely fill up your satiety. Rich traders also give a good amount of food after you plunder them. Which brings me to my questions:

1) How in the everloving hell do you keep a monstrous and up size dragon fully fed? Is there some sort of feeding mechanic/spot I'm missing or should I just chill it with the evolving until full and then turn it on when needed?
2) Is there a specific kind of fireling/ice maiden I should be getting to get balor/frost wyrm minions? If their virgin eggs are supposed to give you them then I can say without a doubt that all they've been giving me are ravagers and frostpaws, and that ravager eggs are labeled as juggernaut instead of ravager.
3) If you mutate your main head, does the element of your breath attack change or is it always fire?

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
Fight everything and anything. As you get bigger you get more powerful so behave accordingly and eat everything edible. :devilish:

Frost paws come from deflowered ice maiden. Balor comes from virgin fireling. Both are spouses of jotun and ifreet, you can get them in lair encounters. Or from cultist sacrificing titaness. Firelings also rarely come from darkwood. Having trouble with the all types minion quest?

Damage is calculated according to heads, then type changed to the type that the enemy has the least resistance to. However if the damage amount after resist is still higher than the lowest resist element, the highest damage element will fire. eg the enemy has high physical resist, low fire resist. If you have many phy dmg heads, you will deal phy dmg.

If you mean Fire breath, that one is always fire dmg, so dont shoot it at ifreet, and triton.

Ambjorn187

Sep 9, 2020
Lizardman village seems to be the best for food later on, assuming you've stocked them with enough minions. If you play your cards right your can get about 750 satiety from them per cycle. That said, raiding villages and simply fighting enemy groups will slowly but surely fill up your satiety. Rich traders also give a good amount of food after you plunder them. Which brings me to my questions:

1) How in the everloving hell do you keep a monstrous and up size dragon fully fed? Is there some sort of feeding mechanic/spot I'm missing or should I just chill it with the evolving until full and then turn it on when needed?
2) Is there a specific kind of fireling/ice maiden I should be getting to get balor/frost wyrm minions? If their virgin eggs are supposed to give you them then I can say without a doubt that all they've been giving me are ravagers and frostpaws, and that ravager eggs are labeled as juggernaut instead of ravager.
3) If you mutate your main head, does the element of your breath attack change or is it always fire?
1) Don't evolve too much at once, I only do one or two upgrades at a time.

2) In order to get the advanced spawn from any girl she must be a virgin,
AND you must have at least one mana,
AND your virility must be high enough (18 for fire /ice , 24 for demons and 30! for Angels).

While she is pregnant, the egg quality estimation will be light blue if advanced spawn and darker blue if regular.

to be fair though, those quests are enabled a bit early compared to when they are completed.

3) Always fire, red head is worst head because of that.

Last edited:

zzczys

Jul 20, 2019
2) In order to get the advanced spawn from any girl she must be a virgin,
AND you must have at least one mana,
AND your virility must be high enough (18 for fire /ice, 30! for Angels/Demons).
ah yes forgot those. so never rape a virgin when out of mana. Every size boosts virility and theres a special that does same.

PariahLies

Dec 21, 2018
Odd. Could've sworn I ticked all those boxes at the time. Ah well, more fire and ice hunting for me to make sure.

Kinda sucks that the breath attack is always fire regardless of the main head, thought that the white head would have frost and the silver lightning, etc, but I guess it is what it is.

dongdong42069

Oct 11, 2020
What do I do with EXP? are they just passively consumed every cycle when I sleep for evolutions?

What does "you need to be a legendary dragon" mean?
Buy fish?
Where Can I buy fish?

I don't see any lizardmen villages anywhere

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes