HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
That's what I'm getting at. If you remove the lust gains from the flirt and make out scenes and then reduce the requirements for taking the girls home by what those scenes would have given then the nightclub is functionally the same.
There were many small things such as gathering ID's that you could do at the club, but when it finally came to taking a girl home I would just reset to the start of the nightclub and used all my timeslots on her. If I didn't unlock the option to take her home, then I knew that I had to redo the timeline so that the girl was more interested in me before I entered the nightclub.

I just don't see the benefits of this system outweighing the adding complexity, which requires a giant tutorial in the middle of the game. There's really no puzzle in the nightclub where you have to talk to one set of girls in order to gain an advantage with another.
The only thing is the limbo party at the dance floor, but doing that event only unlocks all the girls that were doing limbo. So this could easily be accounted for by simply reducing their requirements by less than all other girls.
The nightclub was going to be more complex than it is. But after the demonstration, I learned a hard lesson about the complexity of an event. But there are still some elements that I wanted to include like moving people around or flirting and making out. I reuse the mini-timeskip to make the go back one slot so that idea got some reward.
I'll probably add a nightclub map later on.

Cheers!

SilentRunning

Feb 19, 2021
The nightclub was going to be more complex than it is. But after the demonstration, I learned a hard lesson about the complexity of an event. But there are still some elements that I wanted to include like moving people around or flirting and making out. I reuse the mini-timeskip to make the go back one slot so that idea got some reward.
I'll probably add a nightclub map later on.

Cheers!
The demonstration was well worth the effort. All the variations are what makes your game the best of the time looping games I have played. I am sure it was a pain in the ass to manage it, but I for one appreciate the effort.

Reactions: Dimka2010

mixati

Jun 6, 2018
Not sure if this has been already mentioned yet, but while using the warp I found that it's possible to tell Janice to take Dana on a date to the Muesem when she's dead.

Surprised the fuck outta me when i saw that option when doing a Cynthia run and failed the Morgue because Dana's body was there.

To do it in Warp I called about the truck, did an explosive speech and skipped the demonstration.

edit: I tried doing that option then turning up to the Museum and it causes an error

I also saw it as an option when I called about the truck but didn't ever meet Janice.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: DynamicImage u'Characters/Dana/[dan.state]_Dana_Normal.webp': could not find image. (u'Characters/Dana/Dead_Dana_Normal.webp')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/dance_academy.rpyc", line 4, in script call
    ��� �H-Pg#�-0�r

HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Not sure if this has been already mentioned yet, but while using the warp I found that it's possible to tell Janice to take Dana on a date to the Muesem when she's dead.

Surprised the fuck outta me when i saw that option when doing a Cynthia run and failed the Morgue because Dana's body was there.

To do it in Warp I called about the truck, did an explosive speech and skipped the demonstration.

edit: I tried doing that option then turning up to the Museum and it causes an error

I also saw it as an option when I called about the truck but didn't ever meet Janice.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: DynamicImage u'Characters/Dana/[dan.state]_Dana_Normal.webp': could not find image. (u'Characters/Dana/Dead_Dana_Normal.webp')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/dance_academy.rpyc", line 4, in script call
    ��� �H-Pg#�-0�r
Thanks for reporting it!

Cheers!

weaselman

Apr 6, 2018
The game excuse is :
"{b}You go to the kiosk and ask for the winning numbers of this week's lottery. You find out the numbers are currently reserved for another customer. If he doesn't pay by Thursday then it will be open for others.{/b}"

The real excuse is that performing the same action on multiple days creates a problem when handling the reset points.
I thought of doing something like when you wake up on day 3 you automatically buy the ticket but it just feels wrong.
The other option is putting the option to buy the ticket directly on the Apartment menu so is 1 click after waking up.

I have the same feeling for the nightclub using sully option. I always say I'm going to shorten it once you did everything and then something else goes wrong close to the release day and I postpone it.

Thanks for the feedback!

Cheers!
honestly the one-click option is best but only because it takes away some money, there's no negative to not buying the ticket, it doesn't take away the timeslot, it's like the option to summarise to janice and cynthia

as for sully, I'd really like an option to mention sully but say that you're first going to look around before seeing him, the mandatory cutscene is a bit too long

Siege Wizard

Nov 7, 2021
as for sully, I'd really like an option to mention sully but say that you're first going to look around before seeing him, the mandatory cutscene is a bit too long
I agree, we will probably add something like this in a future update. The nightclub still needs a couple UX (User eXperience) changes but those take lower priority as you can understand as HydraHenker works to provide additional content each month so that we can all keep making progress in the story.

Use magic TAB button on the keybord after clicking "Sully option" ^)
We do, but a more elegant solution would be better, TAB will have to do it until then though.

HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
honestly the one-click option is best but only because it takes away some money, there's no negative to not buying the ticket, it doesn't take away the timeslot, it's like the option to summarise to janice and cynthia

Hi!

I squeeze two minor changes in version 0.53.00:
1) you can buy the lottery ticket on day 3 morning right from the apartment. I think it is a good compromise to keep the option to the player and not make a chore or something that you forget and realize the next day.

2) You use Sully's name to enter and you have the option to skip the whole proceedings

Cheers!

weaselman

Apr 6, 2018
So, I've had some time to play through this new version of the game and I really like the new hint system.
It still feels a bit rough, but I would say that the game feels very close to not needing a guide or looking through the code.

Here's some feedback from my playthrough
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
medical students: the third doctor will always vote with your mother in case of a tie between her and dr shem except if one of the ties happened to be male then he'll choose for him
at the start your mom has sophie at -1, rosario at -1 and roger at -1, dr shem votes for sophie bringing her up to -2
during your conversation with your mom you can give +1 to sophie, -1 to rosario and -1 to roger
during day 2 you can convince sophie to stop fixing roger's mistakes giving him -1
if you have rosario fight with crystal then it gives her -1 but if the demonstration turns explosive she'll automaticly gain +1

parasite locations:
natural transitions
- dana: default
- janice: dana gets hit by the car (default outcome)
- georgia: good demonstration, take dana to the demonstration, go to the right
- mia: talk to mia in the morning on day 1, good demonstration, take dana to the demonstration, ask mia to stay with you, go to the right
- rosario: A: dana parasite, dana + janice, explosive speech
B: janice parasite, explosive speech
- crystal: rosario parasite, hospital brawl
- benson: A: parasite janice, riot demonstation (default outcome)
B: parasite dana, regular police line-up+dana
- cooper: parasite benson, fuck the police (day 2, cooper+benson), day 3 afternoon, tell benson+cooper about the lab, don't warn them
deliberate transitions (requires you to have captured the parasite from janice during the date)
- mia: capture parasite, parasite mia (day 5 morning, >25LP)
- zarina: capture parasite, zarina is teamcaptain, parasite zarina (day 5 morning, >25LP)
- jody: capture parasite, parasite jody (day 5 morning, >25LP)
- jessy: capture parasite, jessy is not teamcaptain, parasite jessy (day 5 morning, >25LP)
- alice: capture parasite, alice is not traumatised, parasite alice (day 5 morning, >25LP)

Apr 24, 2020
medical students: the third doctor will always vote with your mother in case of a tie between her and dr shem except if one of the ties happened to be male then he'll choose for him
That's the thing though, I imagined that having blackmailed Shem and bribed Layla that the vote would swing the way I wanted. Sure, I knew that Layla was only 50/50 on voting the way I wanted, but I thought that Shem voting directly for Rosario would be enough to break that tie.
However as it turns out Shem's vote only counts when it's against Roger, in which case it's a veto. In all other cases the vote simply depends on Layla's preferences, which has Roger above Rosario in case of a tie.

parasite locations:
natural transitions
- dana: default
- janice: dana gets hit by the car (default outcome)
- georgia: good demonstration, take dana to the demonstration, go to the right
- mia: talk to mia in the morning on day 1, good demonstration, take dana to the demonstration, ask mia to stay with you, go to the right
- rosario: A: dana parasite, dana + janice, explosive speech
B: janice parasite, explosive speech
- crystal: rosario parasite, hospital brawl
- benson: A: parasite janice, riot demonstation (default outcome)
B: parasite dana, regular police line-up+dana
- cooper: parasite benson, fuck the police (day 2, cooper+benson), day 3 afternoon, tell benson+cooper about the lab, don't warn them
deliberate transitions (requires you to have captured the parasite from janice during the date)
- mia: capture parasite, parasite mia (day 5 morning, >25LP)
- zarina: capture parasite, zarina is teamcaptain, parasite zarina (day 5 morning, >25LP)
- jody: capture parasite, parasite jody (day 5 morning, >25LP)
- jessy: capture parasite, jessy is not teamcaptain, parasite jessy (day 5 morning, >25LP)
- alice: capture parasite, alice is not traumatised, parasite alice (day 5 morning, >25LP)
Nice list, a bit spoilery and I'm not sure exactly what prompted it.
If it was due to my suggestion for an improved parasite tracker then I would say that you seem to prove my point. My stance has always been that the need for a guide is a symptom of the hint system not being good enough.

Mia is one that I always seem to forget to infect, likely because a lot happens during the protest.
I do believe the current hint for getting her infected at the event is "Wait for the right time to ask Mia to help you with Claire. Like when you have your dick out." Although not a terrible hint, I do think it misses the mark in a game that's all about tracking and manipulating a parasite into infecting various women.
Like I said "Have you tried getting Mia infected?" would make things a bit clearer, especially during the early parts of the game where the player still aren't familiar with how the parasite jumps. The game also doesn't try to hide who is infected, so I don't see a reason to not be more up front about that information.

HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
####### New Public Version 0.52.00 #########

This is my babbling when it got released:

Hi!
Another bumpy month with travels but I'm reunited with my computer so that's a good thing!
We are advancing over the Heist on Day 6 and for that, some things need to be resolved. So this time is for Sophie. Get the party started with her at the nightclub!
A new dream sequence for Layla (highly requested) and this release also includes a new FUN point (Rosario), a new Achievement, and a new outfit for Penny.

And this is the Full Change-Log

Change-Log 0.52.00:
- Continue the story for Sophie.
- Continue the story for the Day 6 heist
- A new dream Sequence for Layla
- A new FUN Point (Rosario)
- A new Achievement
- A new outfit for Penny
- New Memories for Sophie
- New memories for Day 5 and Day 6
- Added Zarina massage event to the WARP
- Re-renders of Zarina scenes.
- More Gallery for Day 5 (still incomplete)
- Grammar corrections. (Thanks to DorcasAurelia)
- Continuities bug fixes (Thanks Dimka2010)

Cheers!

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
Torrent: ( ) ❤
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Please do not derail the game-thread!

calel

Aug 19, 2021
'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

File "game/achievements/screens.rpy", line 38: u'fit' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the add statement.
fit "scale-down"
^

File "game/achievements/screens.rpy", line 89: u'fit' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the add statement.
fit "scale-down"
^

File "game/screens.rpy", line 1737: u'xsize' is not a keyword argument or valid child for the add statement.
add "Images/Credits/wide1.webp" xsize 700 ysize 394

3.10 star(s) 81 Votes