Lakan

Dec 25, 2018
I can't finish HOSPITAL - DAY 3
step 186. Go to Dana's room.

This option is unavailable for me on day 3. I have it on day 2 only.

Any ideas?
I have the same problem. I tried to increase my fun points, but it just stays at 19, and I'm using the version 0.16.10.
The Mini games are automatically skipped in the game. Is this the reason why the Step 186 Go to Dana's room is unavailable? I would be grateful for any ideas.

Kamelkido

Sep 11, 2017
I have the same problem. I tried to increase my fun points, but it just stays at 19, and I'm using the version 0.16.10.
The Mini games are automatically skipped in the game. Is this the reason why the Step 186 Go to Dana's room is unavailable? I would be grateful for any ideas.
Could you check in your 'Current timeline' that you have 'You didn't save Dana' in Day 1?

Thermophob

Apr 10, 2018
Thermophob
if you start a new game
try first to delete all your save files also persistent file
also delete the same files in your user profile
C:\Users\your username\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\TimeLoopHunter
Well, that doesn't work.
This is not problem where savefile is corrupted, but problem is unicode is implied, as default coding while text of game is coded in something else.

HydraHenker

Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Minigames don't affect Hospital, so make sure Dana IS actually in the hospital.

Reactions: Lakan

Murakami2099

Aug 27, 2018
Return button in the menus doesn't work if you haven't started/loaded into the game. You can only get out of there by quitting and restarting the game, or by loading or starting a game.

Klain50

May 27, 2017
I really hate game where I need to stare at screens and follow a certain walkthrough to enjoy the most outcome ...why cant it have linear storyline that has impact based on your decisions so you can replay different ways & explore rather than following step by step like if you dont buy this tea you wont have this scene if you dont talk to the secretary at evening that other scene wont unlock etc etc . Just make storylines change based on the path we choose not the other material irrelevant things

Reactions: Nalex

Jackmcbean

Dec 20, 2017
I really hate game where I need to stare at screens and follow a certain walkthrough to enjoy the most outcome ...why cant it have linear storyline that has impact based on your decisions so you can replay different ways & explore rather than following step by step like if you dont buy this tea you wont have this scene if you dont talk to the secretary at evening that other scene wont unlock etc etc . Just make storylines change based on the path we choose not the other material irrelevant things
I enjoy the concept of this game. It's getting exponentially more complicated to play as time goes on, though. I think he'll have to simplify the days later on.

Reactions: vimmers

Klain50

May 27, 2017
I enjoy the concept of this game. It's getting exponentially more complicated to play as time goes on, though. I think he'll have to simplify the days later on.
I like it too ..but when it heavily depends on the actions of interacting with objects then it becomes really annoying . A game with perfect balance is "My SIster Mia " It has those things too but the thing that game does better is that it tells you what to do . you dont have to open up your phone or open another tab & stare at that walkthrough to make sure whether you are following the right step to get the scene . If the game gives you hints of your next action then that is far more better than staring at walkthroughs & enjoy the game at the same time

wbfby3fbyu2

Feb 14, 2018
I have started new game from the scratch. Almost anything I do results in error. Here is example

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Did you also, right after finishing (or skipping) the interface intro, get a `utf8` codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 11: invalid continuation byte error?

I did and to fix the problems you're having right now I went into the file game/char_Ayumi.py and edited line 31 from

Python:
memayumi3.init_event('timelooprem', dayparts[0], 'hacker_lair',"Ayumi has déjà vu while talking to you, like she can remember the time loop.",'root')
into
Python:
memayumi3.init_event('timelooprem', dayparts[0], 'hacker_lair',"Ayumi has deja vu while talking to you, like she can remember the time loop.",'root')
From my reading of the tracebck (Posted at the bottom for dev) there appears to be some issue with the shipped lib/pythonlib2.7/encodings/utf_8.pyo file. I tried replacing it with a version from The Red Room V0.1, but that didn't fix anything so I think this might be a problem with Ren'Py itself.

The problem is that it doens't read the valid multibyte 0x00E9 as é, but as 0x00 and then 0xE9. Since 0xE9 isn't a valid UTF8 byte, it throws an error

EDIT: I just tried running the game in wine instead of using the bash shell and it works without problems... Are you running a UNIX-like distro?

My traceback:

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpyc", line 703, in script
File "/home/<Snip>/TimeLoopHunterV0.16.30/renpy/ast.py", line 862, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "/home/<Snip>/TimeLoopHunterV0.16.30/renpy/python.py", line 1888, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/script.rpy", line 703, in <module>
File "game/func_memories.rpy", line 678, in init_or_update_memory
File "game/func_memories.rpy", line 526, in init_main_memory
File "day_3.py", line 137, in init_day3_memory
File "char_Ayumi.py", line 31, in init_ayumi_day3_memory
File "game/func_memories.rpy", line 229, in init_event
File "game/func_memories.rpy", line 125, in __init__
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xe9 in position 11: invalid continuation byte

Linux-4.20.0-arch1-1-ARCH-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Time Loop Hunter 0.16.30
Sat Jan 12 01:44:33 2019

Reactions: HydraHenker

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I have followed the walkthrough to the letter, I get to the Hospital where I'm supposed to help Cynthia by asking about Dana. I'm in the timeline where Dana gets hurt, but when I go to ask the receptionist about her, the option is not there. I've tried even living through that timeline, watching her get hurt, going the next day and still the option doesn't show up. I've tried doing it either talking to or not talking to Cynthia first.

What the hell am I missing?

vimmers

Engaged Member
Aug 12, 2017
maybe go to this path in WT
CYNTHIA (The girl with a scar)

you first need to work as temp

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I did already, that's how she shows up in the first place. What I'm saying is I'm at that point in the Walkthrough and the option to ask about Dana from the Receptionist isn't there.

When I ask Cas about Progressing Cynthia's story I get a Rollback Error.

3.10 star(s) 81 Votes