RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
This game had NTR since the beginning the thing is it was always avoidable, well except in some very specific situations like the mom and dad, if one considers that NTR in the first place.
There was one scene with Gaz and her Bf where they were harrasing Heather but other than that. I didn't see any ntr.

Reactions: Motkeyz

Miðgarðsormr

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2017
This game had NTR since the beginning the thing is it was always avoidable, well except in some very specific situations like the mom and dad, if one considers that NTR in the first place.
I do not consider that NTR as its only in the beginning of the game and never once feelings between the MC and love interests are established.

However the valid point of Sergio or anyone else having sex with Niki is something that makes me puke. (I know its an assumption but any NTR is not for me nor my wallet. )

NeroZee

Jun 24, 2018
I do not consider that NTR as its only in the beginning of the game and never once feelings between the MC and love interests are established.

However the valid point of Sergio or anyone else having sex with Niki is something that makes me puke. (I know its an assumption but any NTR is not for me nor my wallet. )
Well lets see how it plays out, i am pretty sure the Devs said there would be no NTR that you can't avoid.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Here comes the strange part: Chapter 2 use the same Unity Player version as Chapter 1.

In Chapter 1 I can see all in-game images and in Chapter 2 I don't even after installing webp codecs.
Try this - take a ch1 install, throw away all the Timestamps parts, and copy over the Timestamps parts from a ch2 install. See if it will show the images.

If that works, you can eliminate the player as an issue; it's something in the Timestamps stuff.

So I assume the player is gonna father him self? He gets his mom pregnent with him self, players sperm will make the mom pregnant and the baby will be the player?? and then he is also father of bacon as well??
anyway, lots of gameplay, but prefer the "real" timeline, not the jumping in time stuff
:rolleyes:

I wish people would at least pay attention to the story before speculating like this.

The MC had an older sister. Young Juli has no kids. Therefore MC will not be pregging Juli with himself, at least not on this trip.

Niki? You mean Nika? We've already seen shards of Nika + John.

Do you think 40 year old Nika is still a virgin? News flash - she isn't. She might have a boyfriend she regularly bangs.

Would you consider Juli + John or Lorraine + Sergio NTR?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Try this - take a ch1 install, throw away all the Timestamps parts, and copy over the Timestamps parts from a ch2 install. See if it will show the images.

If that works, you can eliminate the player as an issue; it's something in the Timestamps stuff.
Tried it right now, but it did not work. Which eliminates the standalone player... so it is either the Assembly-CSharp file or one of the other files in merged folder.:unsure:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
yes.. but I can't tell you. She will appear in next update as well. ;)
Have we seen her before?

She looks a LITTLE like Officer Debbie in MotH.

But definitely not Juli. Different hair, and smaller boobs.

Tried it right now, but it did not work. Which eliminates the standalone player... so it is either the Assembly-CSharp file or one of the other files in merged folder.:unsure:
Try copying over the Assembly-CSharp dll. Sure, the game will break, but we don't care about that for this test - we only care if the images display. This may or may not run - I'm in "try shit" mode! :)

Were the images compressed differently from chapter 1?

Can you see the main menu image in a chapter 2 install if animated menu is turned off?

Gentoo

Game Developer
Apr 10, 2019
I have a Mac that's 8 years old and after seeing the problems with the MacOS version in the forum I simply used the Windows 64bit version and booting into Windows 10 Pro, for those who don't dual boot there are Virtual Boxes you can run or Crossover works great.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
She looks a LITTLE like Officer Debbie in MotH.
Like Debbie, really??? Well later she will look more like Jessica from JOHN

Try copying over the Assembly-CSharp dll. Sure, the game will break, but we don't care about that for this test - we only care if the images display. This may or may not run - I'm in "try shit" mode! :)

Were the images compressed differently from chapter 1?

Can you see the main menu image in a chapter 2 install if animated menu is turned off?
Already in breaking mode. As you can see Chapter 1 has 67 files in merged folder and Chapter to 69.

Without webp codecs I do not see images for settings menu, save and load, and for naming MC. After installing codecs all images are displayed. Starting a new game display turns black with dialogues only.. skipping through the first 2 scenes and the map pops up.

Reactions: Mars88

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Without webp codecs I do not see images for settings menu, save and load, and for naming MC. After installing codecs all images are displayed. Starting a new game display turns black with dialogues only.. skipping through the first 2 scenes and the map pops up.
So it's not the lack of webp that's causing the display to turn black, and how the images were compressed is probably not the issue either. This can be verified by taking some chapter 2 images, renaming them and sticking them in the chapter 1 archive, and playing until you get to the "new" images. If they show up it's definitely not the images themselves that is the problem.

Nobody has probably done this, but if you play until you get to an animation, does the animation show up? Since the menu images (and presumably animations) show up, I don't think the main menu animation showing up tells us anything about the in-game animations.

If you open the phone do you get its images?

Presumably you played ch2 on Linux before the release, and the images showed up then. Can you narrow down which version broke the images? That would be a huge help in finding the issue, assuming you guys use some kind of version control system. If you don't - you really should.

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
Well I played thru this HORRIFIC mess and just need to express my DISGUST. :eek: I mean what kind of PERVERT puts a MOOSE in a hot sexy game. What next? Will this twisted Dev team start adding Waffles instead of Pancakes? Maybe a Squirrel will be added? No this FOUL chapter must NOT be allowed to continue or even exist. :mad:

Hey Motkeyz and Aesouh can you tell me Bacons Phone number so I can time travel and prevent all of this from happening? I figure a couple of months to a year is what is needed to stop MYSELF er.. this ABOMINATION with the Moose from EVER being thought of. :)

-End of (Stupid) fake outrage-

Wonderful beginning to the new chapter. The Pacing and humor work VERY well. GREAT job to the team and PLEASE keep up the incredible work. The opening scene was AWESOME and I'm VERY glad I wasn't drinking anything at the time. :)

Just some thoughts
I hope you put your sound on for the arrival scene?

Reactions: Shiva0067

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Long Game PLay Short - terminator 1-2 coupled with the butterfly effect wrapped around the 6th day!
Great work babes - Aesouh ... and ... Motkeyz

Stamp this Game Time oN!
Long Game PLay Short - terminator 1-2 coupled with the butterfly effect wrapped around the 6th day!
Go watch them all in preparation for this new spin of our great time stamps game!

Great work babes - Aesouh ... and ... Motkeyz

Stamp this Game Time oN!

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
So it's not the lack of webp that's causing the display to turn black, and how the images were compressed is probably not the issue either. This can be verified by taking some chapter 2 images, renaming them and sticking them in the chapter 1 archive, and playing until you get to the "new" images. If they show up it's definitely not the images themselves that is the problem.
Just tried your suggestion and took images from Chapter 2 and added them to my Chapter 1 Linux version. Result: all images are displayed fine.
Nobody has probably done this, but if you play until you get to an animation, does the animation show up?
The first animation of MC arriving runs fine, but the new alpha layer videos do not show up (animated conversation feature).
If you open the phone do you get its images?
I can open the phone as soon as I see the phone in one of the navigation points. I also can scroll through Maureen's texts and see all her pics. The Wrack-Scout game works too.
Replaying the arrival scene shows the arrival animation but as soon the dialogues starts no images are shown.
Presumably you played ch2 on Linux before the release, and the images showed up then. Can you narrow down which version broke the images? That would be a huge help in finding the issue, assuming you guys use some kind of version control system. If you don't - you really should.
I didn't work in my test Linux build.. but we thought that it might be hardware or software related. Seeing all Linux user and some Mac user with old OS having the same issue it is clear that the issue is on our side.

I assume the issue is related to the new dialogue system... :unsure:

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
pssst.. have you tried to name MC "Shiva"? :sneaky:
Shiva0067
Yeah you should do that...hehe
Now why would I do something SILLY like name my MC Shiva?? I mean that would just be WEIRD. I ALWAYS you a TRULY awesome and ELEGANT name when I have the option. Yes, the spelling can be difficult, but the MAGNIFICENT name I use is SPECTACULAR. -Sigh- Guess I'll have to use that weird Shiva name instead of my AWESOME Bob. :)

OK, I have started a playthrough as Shiva and WOW. I haven't gotten far yet but so far it is awesome. TY TY TY. As I said before this is a great start to the new chapter, but the new way to name my MC just adds that little bit extra. :)

Just some thoughts. (y)

4.60 star(s) 119 Votes