cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Now why would I do something SILLY like name my MC Shiva?? I mean that would just be WEIRD. I ALWAYS you a TRULY awesome and ELEGANT name when I have the option. Yes, the spelling can be difficult, but the MAGNIFICENT name I use is SPECTACULAR. -Sigh- Guess I'll have to use that weird Shiva name instead of my AWESOME Bob. :)

OK, I have started a playthrough as Shiva and WOW. I haven't gotten far yet but so far it is awesome. TY TY TY. As I said before this is a great start to the new chapter, but the new way to name my MC just adds that little bit extra. :)

Just some thoughts. (y)
Internal we call it Shivafication. :LOL:

Shiva0067

Sep 3, 2017
Um, I may have missed an earlier post and it might have been fixed already, but the 'Main Menu' option in game just returns me to the game, instead of the Main Menu.

Well, I need to continue this NEW and IMPROVED playthrough. :)

Just a thought.

P.S. Just did an extra test and found that it seems to only be the Phone Main Menu option that isn't working. The option down with Last choice and save DOES work.

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Just tried your suggestion and took images from Chapter 2 and added them to my Chapter 1 Linux version. Result: all images are displayed fine.

The first animation of MC arriving runs fine, but the new alpha layer videos do not show up (animated conversation feature).

I can open the phone as soon as I see the phone in one of the navigation points. I also can scroll through Maureen's texts and see all her pics. The Wrack-Scout game works too.
Replaying the arrival scene shows the arrival animation but as soon the dialogues starts no images are shown.

I didn't work in my test Linux build.. but we thought that it might be hardware or software related. Seeing all Linux user and some Mac user with old OS having the same issue it is clear that the issue is on our side.

I assume the issue is related to the new dialogue system... :unsure:
This is really good data. We haven't found out what the problem is, but we've found out more about what the problem isn't. That's often a huge help in finding out what it is.

We'll make a good tester out of you yet! :p
Internal we call it Shivafication. :LOL:
So...what does Shivafication do?

44Tom

Oct 19, 2018
View attachment 544062

At what year is this happening?

This screenshot is full of anachronisms.

They have school internet so it must be later half of 90ties earliest. In 80ties and early 90ties it was not used by common folks.

But then there is poster or Atari system, which was pretty much dead after 80ties, computers look to be late 80ties too (all with external floppy drivers), in no way capable to render internet pages. And then there is Street Fighter 2, which was very popular in early 90ties (you would expect some PlayStation 1 posters, if this is late 90ties).

And implication that this is not late nighties, but late 80ties, early 90ties itself means that time travel was around 30 years back which seems way to much. Exempt if main game does not happen in 2018/2020, but earlier. But can't be earlier then early 2010ties, due to phone main character is using.
What i find Incredulous is that we are nit-picking the historical accuracy of some obsolete computer equipment and associated posters. When we are not at all concerned with the machine in Bacons basement shooting red sparks. Apparently we accept this machine as a fact, and are more obsessed with a picture of a room in a school.

Reactions: Motkeyz

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Enjoyed that update I think for that ending We all had a feeling the hooded figure was the MC although I'm still feeling a bit shocked that it was. Nika has aged well that's for sure I felt bad for her knowing she had been alone for 20 years I sure hope Bacon and the MC come up with a way to fix that fro ever happening

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
And my answer was serious as well.
NTR = In short, the main protagonist's loved one(s) are taken or seduced away from him and the heroine might be willing or unwilling. This is to cause an emotion of deep jealousy on the reader.

So either way it is NTR by definition.

If such a scene happens my money is gone. In Ch1 it was stated on Patreon that NTR never happens aside from the introduction of the story that wouldn't be redone just for those who didn't like it. Now you are here asking questions about how people would react to NTR

But thanks for letting me know where this game is now going.
NO NTR in the game, i still maintain this out. Nobody will come steal your love one in this game! But your choices are important, you may decide to share at some point guys, that not NTR ;)

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
NTR = In short, the main loved one(s) are taken or seduced away from him and the heroine might be willing or unwilling. This is to cause an emotion of deep jealousy on the reader.
For me it isn't NTR because the heroine isn't taking away or stolen by anyone, if MC would invite Bacon and the girls is fine with it.

However, if you made the right choices in Chapter 1 then I'm sure that you won't encounter such a scene.

For now these are only ideas in my head and nothing is decided about such a scene.

dikau

Dec 16, 2019
MC's inner dialogue:
(Hey, a newspaper! Looks like a copy of the Cougar Valley Observer...)
(..that more or less confirms I'm still in town, not far away from home.)

(Okay, let's take a look at the sports headlines, that should give me an idea of when I am.)
Is that the new way you can get an idea of what year it is through a newspaper now? Or MC is just plain stupid? LoL.

Anyhow, good first release of chapter 2, interesting progression and still loves those amazing renders. Keep up the good work, Devs!

Ps: guys is there a fix for chapter 1 yet when there's inconsistencies through decision you make? Like when you never peek Juli and John night scene but at later dialogue mc tell Juli that he watched them; or when you not rude to Mrs. Dellington but later she told you that you rude to her; or you decide not to fuck Daz but later Nika realize that mc is not lying on the grocery store scene?

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
MC's inner dialogue:

Is that the new way you can get an idea of what year it is through a newspaper now? Or MC is just plain stupid? LoL.

Anyhow, good first release of chapter 2, interesting progression and still loves those amazing renders. Keep up the good work, Devs!

Ps: guys is there a fix for chapter 1 yet when there's inconsistencies through decision you make? Like when you never peek Juli and John night scene but at later dialogue mc tell Juli that he watched them; or when you not rude to Mrs. Dellington but later she told you that you rude to her; or you decide not to fuck Daz but later Nika realize that mc is not lying on the grocery store scene?
Have you play the Revamped version and encounter these inconsistencies? First report on these, i'm taking notes! Thanks

4.60 star(s) 119 Votes