Saint Creek

Jul 18, 2019
Wow-wee! That was quite the content for a first release. In my opinion anyway. So kudos to the dev(s).

So is it just me or did Veronika’s boobs get bigger now that she’s 20 years older?

Reactions: Aesouh and Motkeyz

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Threads have been split, as this is the sequel/prequel.
I respect that the series has been in development for years. I played the original 0.1 when it came out. I recognize that completion of Chapter 1:Unconditional Love is a milestone given the amount of effort involved. However, Chapter 1:Unconditional Love is not a complete story, or a prequel. It's just a chapter. I can't think of a single plot arc that was brought to conclusion in Chapter 1. It just raised more questions and opened more arcs as it went on, them just stopped with "To be continued."

When people see the "Completed" tag, they're expecting a complete story. What makes this series an exception to the rule applied to other games that use Chapter-style updates? The ones that don't get separate threads and "Completed" tags for each chapter that isn't a complete story?

I normally don't care, except I put off finishing this title for a year due to saves being incompatible with updates. So I got excited seeing Chapter 1:Unconditional Love was complete (mind you, it doesn't say 'Chapter 1', which is again misleading). I played it all day today. Then ... what? No, that was absolutely not complete in any logical sense. It may have been a development milestone, but Chapter 1: Unconditional Love should definitely be merged with this one under a single thread and have it's "Completed" status removed since it's obviously ongoing and unfinished.

Last edited:

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
I respect that the game has been in development for years. I played the original 0.1 when it came out. I recognize that completion of Chapter 1 is a milestone given the amount of effort involved. However, Chapter 1 is not a complete story, or a prequel. It's just a chapter. I can't think of a single plot arc that was brought to conclusion in Chapter 1. It just raised more questions and opened more arcs as it went on, them just stopped with "To be continued."

When people see the "Completed" tag, they're expecting a complete story. What makes this series an exception to the rule applied to other games that use Chapter-style updates? The ones that don't get separate threads and "Completed" tags for each chapter that isn't a complete story?

I normally don't care, except I put off finishing this title for a year due saves being incompatible with updates. So I got excited seeing Chapter 1 was complete. I played it all day today. Then ... what? No, that was absolutely not complete in any logical sense. It may have been a development milestone, but Chapter 1: Unconditional Love should definitely be merged with this one under a single thread and have it's "Completed" status removed since it's obviously ongoing and unfinished.
Checkout my other 2 explanations here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/timestamps-lost-love-pe-r1-motkeyz.45268/page-13#post-3003168
https://f95zone.to/threads/timestamps-lost-love-pe-r1-motkeyz.45268/page-16#post-3004208

Reactions: jpsimon

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I normally don't care, except I put off finishing this title for a year due to saves being incompatible with updates. So I got excited seeing Chapter 1:Unconditional Love was complete (mind you, it doesn't say 'Chapter 1', which is again misleading). I played it all day today. Then ... what? No, that was absolutely not complete in any logical sense. It may have been a development milestone, but Chapter 1: Unconditional Love should definitely be merged with this one under a single thread and have it's "Completed" status removed since it's obviously ongoing and unfinished.
This is not true though, since 0.4.0 on VNGINE the saves have always been compatible for each version, that means like 8 releases except the final 1.0 the revamp because of all the work not only to the story adding new scenes and changing some existing but extensive engine changes...

4.60 star(s) 120 Votes