cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
As i remember,there were 2 people who saw Juli's show. 1 is bacon (omj).Who is another?At first i think it was altered mc who live in the past and helped them in shadows.But now i think that it could be another option.Helen.
If you played R9 you will know.
I have a weird problem on PopOS with th game: I get a pop-up every few seconds from the system saying the application is not responding...while the game actually runs fine
What are the specs of your system? I play the game on an old Thinkpad L-Series running Ubuntu 20.04 with no issue apart the launch sequence.

♂Brout&Minou♀

Engaged Member
Jul 30, 2020
its not in locallow and has never been in local low, it's in AppData\Local inside a folder called VNGINE. + You can also reach it now from the options menu, there is a button called open save folder. I really really wonder where this information about LocalLow came from, because it's never been in there, only engine logs
OK, crap, sorry. I may have been a little too quick without looking in the file, which is not my habit. A little too tired I guess...
I'm out.... Don't mind me, I'm even not here anymore bye bye.. see you... arrivederci.... adios... さよなら... до свидания :whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: Aesouh

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
OK, crap, sorry. I may have been a little too quick without looking in the file, which is not my habit. A little too tired I guess...
I'm out.... Don't mind me, I'm even not here anymore bye bye.. see you... arrivederci.... adios... さよなら... до свидания :whistle:
No worries im just wondering where it came from because for as long as i can remember some people said its in LocalLow and i still to this day do not know why :D

redred13

Feb 15, 2018
when opening the game up I get something that says I am trying to access restricted content and need a password. I dont remember if its a password i made but dont remember or if its a patreon thing but can anyone help out. thanks in advance

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
when opening the game up I get something that says I am trying to access restricted content and need a password. I dont remember if its a password i made but dont remember or if its a patreon thing but can anyone help out. thanks in advance
YOu must have set up a parental protection password at some point, to clean it out you can hit the windows key + R , type in %LocalAppData%\VNGINE\Timestamps Lost Love

and delete the game.settings file, then try again.

Wcostigan

Feb 7, 2022
r10 will not recognize previous save files. I can i locate them manually in 9 and place them into R10?

Running on mac

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
r10 will not recognize previous save files. I can i locate them manually in 9 and place them into R10?

Running on mac
What mac are you running, its working well for me on my Mac... i tested it like two hours ago. They use the same save folder so I'm not sure whats going on there. Did you accept the permission request to access local file when you started the game? When i started the game it asked me and i pressed OK.

/A

Wcostigan

Feb 7, 2022
What mac are you running, its working well for me on my Mac... i tested it like two hours ago. They use the same save folder so I'm not sure whats going on there. Did you accept the permission request to access local file when you started the game? When i started the game it asked me and i pressed OK.

/A
3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 is there better information i can provide?

save files worked from 8-9...is it possible to manually transfer saves?

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
3.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5 is there better information i can provide?

save files worked from 8-9...is it possible to manually transfer saves?
There is nowhere for you to "transfer" the saves, the saves are in the same exact persistent save folder between all the updates in the chapter. I think you may have accidentally denied the game client permissions to actually reach the save folder. Maybe you need to change the permissions manually on the game because you might have accidentally blocked it when you ran it the first time. Try rightclicking the file, check info and permissions and see if you can do something there, i'm not really that savvy with macs but you should be able to find it there,

/A

Wcostigan

Feb 7, 2022
There is nowhere for you to "transfer" the saves, the saves are in the same exact persistent save folder between all the updates in the chapter. I think you may have accidentally denied the game client permissions to actually reach the save folder. Maybe you need to change the permissions manually on the game because you might have accidentally blocked it when you ran it the first time. Try rightclicking the file, check info and permissions and see if you can do something there, i'm not really that savvy with macs but you should be able to find it there,

/A
would i even be able to run the game if that was the problem?

i launched 9 with save files intact...

im not tech savvy at all. each update has its own launch file. I'm not sure how they know to interact with each other. there has to be a save file somewhere right?

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
would i even be able to run the game if that was the problem?

i launched 9 with save files intact...
It asks for permission for every updated client i believe and the game will still run because most of it is self contained and dont need permissions.

I do not know if you were promped about save file access. I believe its permission related. Maybe if you drag the game into the application folder it gets more permissions? I don't really know in this case other than rightclicking the file and going into permissions and fixing it. Have you tried doing that?

Wcostigan

Feb 7, 2022
It asks for permission for every updated client i believe and the game will still run because most of it is self contained and dont need permissions.

I do not know if you were promped about save file access. I believe its permission related. Maybe if you drag the game into the application folder it gets more permissions? I don't really know in this case other than rightclicking the file and going into permissions and fixing it. Have you tried doing that?
as in right click>get info>sharing and permissions? privileges are read and write?

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
what do you mean....I downloaded a version, I am playing that version to the end then I will download the new version....whats wrong with that. Your question doesn't help me.
You don't need to play R9 before R10. R9's incest patch is borked, R10's isn't. You just download R10, apply its patch, and play.
So why did you choose to play with an outdated and broken patch, when you don't need to?

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
You don't need to play R9 before R10. R9's incest patch is borked, R10's isn't. You just download R10, apply its patch, and play.
So why did you choose to play with an outdated and broken patch, when you don't need to?
I think what cold was saying is that what issue he had was from a very first version of the game release and the problem he had was swiftly fixed after as far as i know in third party language files as well. He could have re-downloaded the language file and it would not be a problem anymore.

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
I think what cold was saying is that what issue he had was from a very first version of the game release and the problem he had was swiftly fixed after as far as i know in third party language files as well. He could have re-downloaded the language file and it would not be a problem anymore.
I was pointing out the bigger problem.
He's playing R9, with the borked Unrated Patch, before he downloads and plays R10 and its patch that works. He's chosen to play something "old & broken" instead of the newer fully functioning release that includes previous content he's currently having issue with.

It's like complaining that his TV remote doesn't work, and hasn't bothered to try changing the batteries.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 120 Votes