JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
New post on Patreon, if someone wants to share it here that would be appreciated.

News

Hi everyone, thanks for your patience regarding the next release. (R11) I am currently testing a fresh new version and it is looking good,...

BC

Jul 13, 2017
New post on Patreon, if someone wants to share it here that would be appreciated.

News

Hi everyone, thanks for your patience regarding the next release. (R11) I am currently testing a fresh new version and it is looking good,...
Ah, so it was a freshness problem all along. Next time they should use more Mentos.

RadioMan

Nov 19, 2019
So, from 95% to 75% and, now, back to beginning? It may be looking good, but it stinks big time!

albul

Jun 8, 2017
So, from 95% to 75% and, now, back to beginning? It may be looking good, but it stinks big time!
That's how things usually go when testing, though? If you find an issue, you go back and fix it, and then begin the relevant test process again? Or do you think testing is a linear process that should finish in X amount of time regardless of the findings of said test?

Reactions: joni51 and ramvivat

RadioMan

Nov 19, 2019
That's how things usually go when testing, though? If you find an issue, you go back and fix it, and then begin the relevant test process again? Or do you think testing is a linear process that should finish in X amount of time regardless of the findings of said test?
You probably missed "a fresh new version"....

Burgundy

Jul 26, 2017
"Hi everyone, thanks for your patience regarding the next release. (R11)

I am currently testing a fresh new version and it is looking good, some minor things to correct but we should be good to release this weekend.

The release 12 is also developing very well, I would like to add content to the final version and things are looking nice!

Thanks and take care"

Last edited:

lonewolf9321

Sep 23, 2018
Comment on their lastest post:

3h
We were dotting some i's and streamlining some transitions until I compiled a more final game client and noticed that the sound wasn't working anymore and the client was giving out extremly nondiscriptive unhelpful messages. I usually do most of my fast testing in the editor because its a lot faster to work this way and to follow errors and problems / reload changes, and then i make actual clients for motkeyz to test. this was yesterday. Well During my investigation i found out it it wasn't just that the sound wasn't working the whole game client gave a lot of errors that were very undescriptive and unhelpful. Not much help from anyone else on the matter, only finding unrelated errors of similar style but not the same one. I had to do a bunch of deeper investigation, i initially thought that i had messed something up somewhere in the code, which was strange because it was stable before that, and it works flawlessly in the editor without any issue... . After several hours of investigating and trying to understand the actual issue, time that I really did not want to spend for this for obvious reasons, but rather to just wrap up. I came to the final conclusion that game has been getting too big, more specifically the main resource folder got too big. Once it hit over 4 gigabytes with the new animations and some extra soundtracks (about 4300mb total for chapter 2) it starts behaving in some strange ways making it seem as some files are not found and then throwing a bunch of errors and then finally crashing multiple systems that effects many aspects of the game. Right now i am doing some final touches and put aside solving the storage issue until the rest is complete, i already lost a lot of time unexpectedly investigating this issue. Honestly, I got very lucky in terms of figuring it out based on some previous knowledge, because this could have taken several days. At this point i am finishing what i was also doing yesterday before all this happened, and then have to decide what the best solution would be to avoid this issue. I managed to find one or two duplicate animations that i deleted but there is still a couple hundred megabytes that needs to be cleaned up. There are a couple of animations older Chapter 2 animations that are big that we could delete temporarily to get under the limit of 4gigs and get going temporarily and remove them from the game, and then work out a P1 where we do a better solution and put them back in, but honestly what i have read so far I have really no clue how much work it can take, some solutions involve some potentially substantial changes in the project. So we are going with the option of removing some animations for now, to not delay it with something that we do not know how long it could take. I am really gutted that this happened, it really does feel in many ways that the development of this release has been cursed in many ways but rest assured I am taking care of it. AESOUH

longxa762

Mar 24, 2017

3h
We were dotting some i's and streamlining some transitions until I compiled a more final game client and noticed that the sound wasn't working anymore and the client was giving out extremly nondiscriptive unhelpful messages. I usually do most of my fast testing in the editor because its a lot faster to work this way and to follow errors and problems / reload changes, and then i make actual clients for motkeyz to test. this was yesterday. Well During my investigation i found out it it wasn't just that the sound wasn't working the whole game client gave a lot of errors that were very undescriptive and unhelpful. Not much help from anyone else on the matter, only finding unrelated errors of similar style but not the same one. I had to do a bunch of deeper investigation, i initially thought that i had messed something up somewhere in the code, which was strange because it was stable before that, and it works flawlessly in the editor without any issue... . After several hours of investigating and trying to understand the actual issue, time that I really did not want to spend for this for obvious reasons, but rather to just wrap up. I came to the final conclusion that game has been getting too big, more specifically the main resource folder got too big. Once it hit over 4 gigabytes with the new animations and some extra soundtracks (about 4300mb total for chapter 2) it starts behaving in some strange ways making it seem as some files are not found and then throwing a bunch of errors and then finally crashing multiple systems that effects many aspects of the game. Right now i am doing some final touches and put aside solving the storage issue until the rest is complete, i already lost a lot of time unexpectedly investigating this issue. Honestly, I got very lucky in terms of figuring it out based on some previous knowledge, because this could have taken several days. At this point i am finishing what i was also doing yesterday before all this happened, and then have to decide what the best solution would be to avoid this issue. I managed to find one or two duplicate animations that i deleted but there is still a couple hundred megabytes that needs to be cleaned up. There are a couple of animations older Chapter 2 animations that are big that we could delete temporarily to get under the limit of 4gigs and get going temporarily and remove them from the game, and then work out a P1 where we do a better solution and put them back in, but honestly what i have read so far I have really no clue how much work it can take, some solutions involve some potentially substantial changes in the project. So we are going with the option of removing some animations for now, to not delay it with something that we do not know how long it could take. I am really gutted that this happened, it really does feel in many ways that the development of this release has been cursed in many ways but rest assured I am taking care of it. AESOUH
So 3 months of testing and suddenly everything is broken in the final build, promised weekend and now we are back to no release date :KEK:

They have to remove animations to fix the issues but what if there is no animations to begin with :KEK:

RadioMan

Nov 19, 2019

3h
From "I am currently testing a fresh new version and it is looking good, some minor things to correct ..." to this, in less than a week. Good job!

jaques

Aug 11, 2016
Unity seems to have a hard limit for the resource file at 4GB. And those pictures are most likely all stored as textures in that single file.

Burgundy

Jul 26, 2017
Honestly if it's a matter of 300mb they should be able to compress some things relatively easily. I think Oodle isn't officially supported but maybe there are plugins available or some equivalent solution.

4.60 star(s) 120 Votes