DH4444

Apr 14, 2019
Motkeyz, you might want to add a link for SubscribeStar next to your Patreon link on page 1. I do not do business with Patreon anymore and I know there are others like me.
When you get the newest update finished, I'll re-subscribe on SubscribeStar. Paying $5 a month for nearly a year without updates is a bit ridiculous. I do enjoy the game, but $50-$60 an update is too much.

Zhmil

Jul 18, 2020
Wow, they promised a release on the weekend, but in the end it turned out that everything was not so rosy. Incredible! is anyone surprised?

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Again, that's exactly how it works. Test -> find issue -> fix issue -> create new fresh version for testing -> test again. Repeat until satisfied with the state of the version you last tested.
Not obsess about how long it's been after reading posts from the devs either here or shared here about status of upcoming releases... Y'know, common sense. :LOL:
Nice try, but I think you are missing something -

The prior release (R10/PE) was 2022-10-08.

What has been worked on since then?

Multiple months of the 12-month span were spent 'perfecting' the Steam release of Episode 1 (Unconditional Love). Which was already supported on Patreon. Nothing was being 'created', patrons were just funding a new release for Steam that generated income for the developers, with no real return for patrons. They could have paused the monthly for that time, but the team didn't bother...

Now there's a delay, per the DEV, for the 4Gb limit in windows 10, which is 32-bit specific. Which was known in 2015 (EIGHT YEARS ago), IF you believe 64-bit was never accounted for in the Unity Engine allegedly, SPECIFICALLY, created for this game...

Again, I find this unlikely.

I followed Unconditional Love because I found it interesting. But, then the excuses started, and I lost interest.

Now, with Lost Love, the excuses are coming more frequently, while using more simplistic (or simply illogical) issues as rationale for the delays.

"Common Sense" tells me something is not right with the rationale for the delays since the last release.

Working in software development for 30 years says testing of a new version doesn't need several months.

The arguments put forth by both of you are illogical in this case, and simply do not hold up under minor, simplistic, scrutiny.

Last edited:

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Nice try, but I think you are missing something
:FacePalm:
Nope, not missing anything.
Shit happens in software development, and what we've been kept aprised of isn't even half as bad as the things that happen with far larger teams on projects with massively larger budgets.

But "nice try" with your nice try... Next time try harder.

Simpleton173

Dec 26, 2018
we're doin a lot of bitchin for people who don't even pay for this game :LOL:
I used t
Nice try, but I think you are missing something -

The prior release (R10/PE) was 2022-10-08.

What has been worked on since then?

Multiple months of the 12-month span were spent 'perfecting' the Steam release of Episode 1 (Unconditional Love). Which was already supported on Patreon. Nothing was being 'created', patrons were just funding a new release for Steam that generated income for the developers, with no real return for patrons. They could have paused the monthly for that time, but the team didn't bother...

Now there's a delay, per the DEV, for the 4Gb limit in windows 10, which is 32-bit specific. Which was known in 2015 (EIGHT YEARS ago), IF you believe 64-bit was never accounted for in the Unity Engine allegedly, SPECIFICALLY, created for this game...

Again, I find this unlikely.

I followed Unconditional Love because I found it interesting. But, then the excuses started, and I lost interest.

Now, with Lost Love, the excuses are coming more frequently, while using more simplistic (or simply illogical) issues as rationale for the delays.

"Common Sense" tells me something is not right with the rationale for the delays since the last release.

Working in software development for 30 years says testing of a new version doesn't need several months.

The arguments put forth by both of you are illogical in this case, and simply do not hold up under minor, simplistic, scrutiny.
This right here, well said! Just seeing the shills on the discord channels justifying a year of no new updates so the developers could generate additional cash flow. Also the cucks saying things happen, life happens to justify delays. Really naive people or they have tripled down on the sunk cost fallacy.

Talk about fucking your patrons before even taking them out for a nice seafood dinner. How does one sign up for this gig?

Simpleton173

Dec 26, 2018
:FacePalm:
Nope, not missing anything.
Shit happens in software development, and what we've been kept aprised of isn't even half as bad as the things that happen with far larger teams on projects with massively larger budgets.

But "nice try" with your nice try... Next time try harder.
Wildly naive to think their problems justify a 12 month development cycle. Please try even harder

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Wildly naive to think their problems justify a 12 month development cycle.
Not naive.
"Wildly" realistic and experienced with the delays and extensions of software development across multiple industries and sizes of dev teams.
Here's an example. A new, unified booking client for a taxi company that was already operating nation wide with three different booking systems, and which took so long to even get half-way to goal completion before the company had to sell-off parts of its business, hadn't even finished migrating accounts from one of the old systems before I'd left the company in 2013, and even went ahead and decided to take on new business and two web-based booking systems.
That's just one company, in one country, one industry, and the work being done by a much larger software development team on something that began being utilised before I'd started working for them. To make matters worse, the project had been proposed and greenlit nearly a decade before.

Lets not even get into the kinds of development problems that happen in the gaming industry, where studios regularly hire large teams of people on contract, across multiple countries, and still take many years to make a single project that gets delayed multiple times and still isn't guaranteed to release in a finished (or even playable) state.

Factoring in that Aesouh is making a Unity derived engine tailored for VNs for this game, and he's not the lead of an entire team of software engineers devoted to that, let alone programming the game itself, and you are the one who's wildly naive.
Hell, I'm pretty shocked we haven't had more problems like this so far, and that the first chapter didn't take longer to complete.

Reactions: splamo

Simpleton173

Dec 26, 2018
Not naive.
"Wildly" realistic and experienced with the delays and extensions of software development across multiple industries and sizes of dev teams.
Here's an example. A new, unified booking client for a taxi company that was already operating nation wide with three different booking systems, and which took so long to even get half-way to goal completion before the company had to sell-off parts of its business, hadn't even finished migrating accounts from one of the old systems before I'd left the company in 2013, and even went ahead and decided to take on new business and two web-based booking systems.
That's just one company, in one country, one industry, and the work being done by a much larger software development team on something that began being utilised before I'd started working for them. To make matters worse, the project had been proposed and greenlit nearly a decade before.

Lets not even get into the kinds of development problems that happen in the gaming industry, where studios regularly hire large teams of people on contract, across multiple countries, and still take many years to make a single project that gets delayed multiple times and still isn't guaranteed to release in a finished (or even playable) state.

Factoring in that Aesouh is making a Unity derived engine tailored for VNs for this game, and he's not the lead of an entire team of software engineers devoted to that, let alone programming the game itself, and you are the one who's wildly naive.
Hell, I'm pretty shocked we haven't had more problems like this so far, and that the first chapter didn't take longer to complete.
Their decision to develop their own engine than utilize an existing one (their choice, their self inflicted pain points). Your example is ripe with incompetence and lack of planning from Upper Management.. I'm not naive, just situationally aware to comprehend when someone has bitten off more than they could chew. Also the optics of focusing on Steam instead of their patrons is terrible (considering they were there from the start). Severe lack of planning, communication and execution.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zongor and adams92

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Closed case.
Case reopened and countered... Steam is a one-time payment on a platform that isn't as censorius and has a broader appeal than Patreon.
Also, should you decide you don't like the product, you can get it refunded as long as it's withing the allowed time of 14 days.

Final point which is irrefutable, bitching about how long a dev or dev team takes to make something, on a piracy site (which this is) and acting as though mentioning "patrons should come first" is some sort of moral highground and end to all argument is incredibly stupid, and ridiculously entitled.

Your example is ripe with incompetence and lack of planning from Upper Management (a touching sob story really)
Yet you ignore my point of the gaming industry... Your whinging is disingenous.

Simpleton173

Dec 26, 2018
Case reopened and countered... Steam is a one-time payment on a platform that isn't as censorius and has a broader appeal than Patreon.
Also, should you decide you don't like the product, you can get it refunded as long as it's withing the allowed time of 14 days.

Final point which is irrefutable, bitching about how long a dev or dev team takes to make something, on a piracy site (which this is) and acting as though mentioning "patrons should come first" is some sort of moral highground and end to all argument is incredibly stupid, and ridiculously entitled.

Yet you ignore my point of the gaming industry... Your whinging is disingenous.
I supported them in the past you doofus ($60+ USD). No moral high ground for me to stand on (I chipped in). I just have the self-respect to know when I feel like I am being bent over a barrel and punch out. Who gives a shit about your gaming industry example, they aren't a gaming studio, they dont have institutional shareholders breathing down their neck.

Simple small team making decisions (some good, some bad)

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
No moral high ground for me to stand on (I chipped in).
Didn't say you didn't.
That you think it matters in regards of technical issues just makes you highlights a false sense of entitlement.

I just have the self-respect to know when I feel like I am being bent over a barrel and punch out.
Sure, that's why you're still complaining about them and being arrogant enough to use terminology like "case closed" as though your word on the matter is the highest authority. :rolleyes:

Who gives a shit about your gaming industry example, they aren't a gaming studio
Still applies, and your dismissiveness reinforces my point of your being disingenuous.

they dont have institutional shareholders breathing down their neck.
Nor does Larian Studios.

Simple small team making decisions (some good, some bad)
Good and bad decisions are largely subjective in this regard.
You think going to Steam was a bad decision instead of devoting all effort to patreon. At least that's the impression you've given. I think it was a good decision and have pointed out why.

Simpleton173

Dec 26, 2018
Didn't say you didn't.
That you think it matters in regards of technical issues just makes you highlights a false sense of entitlement.

Sure, that's why you're still complaining about them and being arrogant enough to use terminology like "case closed" as though your word on the matter is the highest authority. :rolleyes:

Still applies, and your dismissiveness reinforces my point of your being disingenuous.

Nor does Larian Studios.

Good and bad decisions are largely subjective in this regard.
You think going to Steam was a bad decision instead of devoting all effort to patreon. At least that's the impression you've given. I think it was a good decision and have pointed out why.
Nobody cares about our debate here "Conversation Conqueror". Punching out

Snugglepuff

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 27, 2017
Nobody cares about our debate here "Conversation Conqueror". Punching out

Oh no, you used a forum function relating to post counts against me!
:eek:

Seriously, it's just something to do with how many posts someone has. Since it mattered enough to you to mention it, every facepalm is counted as a like...

4.60 star(s) 120 Votes