Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Yes, I always press Update Resolution, but in 1440x900 (16:10) the glitch is present in both fullscreen and windowed mode. I also tried to play in 1336x768 (~ same aspect ratio of my monitor) and I have no problems.
PS. I tried to change resolution and restart the game but it doesn't solve the problem.
I will take a look at this as well, i'm currently a bit limited for a few days in what kind of fixes that I can make.

I already mended the code that caused the progress issues, its related to either if you jump back too far or if you load a game after playing a game. Only way right now to load twice without breaking is to restart the game as it wipes the progress in the memory. That fix should be coming out tonight, with some other tweaks. I will take a look at the wimp path etc.

Reactions: Dixon Butz

Bloutz

Jun 8, 2017
Hi, did you only download the patch? it seems to be due to missing the vngine.storage file inside the data folder -> streamingassets. please check
I've got a storage.vngine file and a game.settings in the streamingassets folder.

Jansen

May 8, 2017
I've got a similar issue. After the "18 years old" statement, I only see the various choice for starting a new game or loading one, without anything in the background. And when I start a new game, it only shows a full white, then black, then brown screen with the hand-shaped mouse.
I tried with or without patch, tried to redownload it, tried every single display option (windowed, quality,...).

Other unity games seemed to work fine so far. Maybe a display issue ? Any idea ?

Thanks for the help, and thanks to the Developers for the great job.
What i did was. I downloaded the the complete download including the Fix. (Not just the standalone fix) and also updated my windows drives. Now its working fine.

DanMachiFan

Jan 22, 2018
Holy fucking shit this game is so much smoother now, @Aesouh ! Great work!
Finally a compliment! :D
I will take a look at this as well, i'm currently a bit limited for a few days in what kind of fixes that I can make.
As I said, it works well for me, but I can understand people that find this annoying. Talking about the game, I haven't finished to play the new update yet but, for now, all the previous issues were resolved after applying the patch.

Jakovas

Jul 31, 2017
Weird game is running slow on Windows 10 laptop 32Gb RAM, 3.4Ghz Processor and GTX 1070:

Also game just stops mid dialogue on day 3 in park with goth girl, installed the 0.4 Game & both the fix and family fun patch.

Redfishrx7

Jan 2, 2018
I dont have to worry about downloading the bugfix now right? Since it says "Fixed version you don't need to download bugfix". Just wondering since i read someone say the downloaded it plus bugfix.

Reactions: Aesouh

RedGlow

Aug 5, 2016
Need a little help here, I guess i am stucked at home.. I went to supermarket with Mc's mom and bought her cigarette then returned to home to deliver it. However, there is no way out or continue with game. Tried every door and object but nothing happened. Probably i did something wrong. A little help would be nice, ty..

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
That is the end of the game to this point. Try playing the drums in your room. And press the "H" key.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
same as mine got stuck in the park
Yes the wimp path had some bug that I will look into tonight and hopefully have a fix for.

For those saying it plays slow, the transition effects are on a timer, if you mean slow as in not responsive or slow because of that, I will see if I can add a new setting for faster pc’s with shorter transitions.

Need more details on what exactly feels slow so I can look at that specific part what can be done.

Glad it’s working better for you guys. I am aware this repeated save thing and last choice jump Screws up the progress. It was fixed in my code today.

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
It will not work on an existing game, you have to start a new game

4.10 star(s) 236 Votes