Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Just off the top of my head, I don't like the way skip works; it lacks a quicksave; I really hate the way that the dialogue box sometimes hides and then moves up slowly from the bottom. And it seems unresponsive some times - like I have to click twice to get a progression, or that there is a delay after the click before it moves on.

Your renders are great though.
Hi, if there is a delay after the click before it moves on that is related to your PC performance. Please can you let me know what setup you are running, and your harddrive. Remember these are 1080p renders, if you are gonna have a delay changing between 1080p images in the gallery of windows you probably understand also why it cant be exactly faster in a game.

The way skip works will have some adjustments, right now it stops at some more points than we're going to have in the future, but I will add an auto play functionality so it will go through dialogue automatically and click for you.

Some improvements also i am working on is making the dialogue start better.

The click twice to get a progression, where is this? Can you specify more please?

/A

Garull

Oct 13, 2017
nice game looking forward to more updates

add more drumming grooves

would be nice having a rollback option, using last choice as an option works but when used the renders/audio overlap whit the renders/audio your supposed to be at in the story.
also if you try to go thru the game too fast the renders/audio get stuck in place as well so a stop between each renders would be really great
when the game switches from renders to video and back sometimes the game shows 2 to 3 renders previous to where i was ( scene a>scene b>scene c>video plays>game takes me back to scene b instead of scene d for example )
having an highlight option would be nice as well (press alt to highlight things in room etc etc)( not really necessary but would be nice)
would be awesome having the text outside the renders ( never going to happen in any game i know but i will keep wishing)

8/10

Reactions: El bacca Del Chew

El bacca Del Chew

Apr 3, 2017
when the game switches from renders to video and back sometimes the game shows 2 to 3 renders previous to where i was ( scene a>scene b>scene c>video plays>game takes me back to scene b instead of scene d for example )
Damn, this is best way to describe the phenomena ! No jokes you made it crystal clear.

I might add that it happened once to me aswell, while heavily using the skip function, i thought at the time that i may have "overheat" the loading sequences of the engine and my computer/potatoe is not powerfull enough to follow.

Oct 29, 2016
I am about to download this game which to my surprice seems to have skipped of my attention for many months,

I am just posting this because , after seeing the pics and the UI i have a strong feeling that i will most probably love this.
I am excited to say the least .

See you soon.

Reactions: Motkeyz

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
nice game looking forward to more updates

add more drumming grooves

would be nice having a rollback option, using last choice as an option works but when used the renders/audio overlap whit the renders/audio your supposed to be at in the story.
also if you try to go thru the game too fast the renders/audio get stuck in place as well so a stop between each renders would be really great
having an highlight option would be nice as well (press alt to highlight things in room etc etc)( not really necessary but would be nice)
would be awesome having the text outside the renders ( never going to happen in any game i know but i will keep wishing)

8/10
Hi, could you specify what the text outside renders means? :)

In regards to the going back in scenes after video playback, there is nothing in the code to be doing this related to the video function, however i will check if the rightclick still works with video is playing, that may reverse things by mistake. I will investigate this and see if i can take care of it for the next release.

The going back feature will see a lot of improvements as well, as a new auto mode, this is something that i'm working on at the moment. It's quite a complex thing to do so it takes some time to get right.

/A

Garull

Oct 13, 2017
Hi, could you specify what the text outside renders means? :)
as an example
if the usual format is like layer1:text - layer2:interactive objects - layer3:renders [press h to hide layer 1]
in text outside renders you have 1 and 3 on the same or different layers but without overlapping them
(you have a clear view of the image without the text being on top of it )
on a 20 inches square you put the image in 17 inches and the text on the remaining 3
potatoes on top meat at the bottom on the barbecue grid ( if this dsnt do it i don't know what will :p)

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
as an example
if the usual format is like layer1:text - layer2:interactive objects - layer3:renders [press h to hide layer 1]
in text outside renders you have 1 and 3 on the same or different layers but without overlapping them
(you have a clear view of the image without the text being on top of it )
on a 20 inches square you put the image in 17 inches and the text on the remaining 3
potatoes on top meat at the bottom on the barbecue grid ( if this dsnt do it i don't know what will :p)
Well, in that case you still miss out on render real estate and it wouldn't be full screen, you are essentially talking about "viewport", i we have the Z key to hide the dialogue panel if there is some render you want to watch without text (however i didn't make it auto appear if it's toggled off yet).

/A

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
There is an in-game help system (appropriately available through the "H" key). That should help guide you through most actions.

You can also use the "previous choice" function to go back to the last major choice and choose a different path. Saves are a useful tool to safeguard the different path selections.

Tjock

Jun 4, 2018
There is an in-game help system (appropriately available through the "H" key). That should help guide you through most actions.

You can also use the "previous choice" function to go back to the last major choice and choose a different path. Saves are a useful tool to safeguard the different path selections.
Ye i've been saving at points where there's an important choice i'm not sure about, also i'm a little lost in the story now since i got to the time travel part. :/

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
I think it is quite confusing how the time travel is working. It was surprising that we needed to be brought back. I expected to just travel back in time and carry on normally to go back in time again later. Maybe having the current day number at the top left of the screen in prominent letters would be helpful. And it would also have been helpful to have a memorable event as soon as you wake up so you remember what day it is.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I think it is quite confusing how the time travel is working. It was surprising that we needed to be brought back. I expected to just travel back in time and carry on normally to go back in time again later. Maybe having the current day number at the top left of the screen in prominent letters would be helpful. And it would also have been helpful to have a memorable event as soon as you wake up so you remember what day it is.
Hi, I will add the days hopefully for the next release. I think it was stated already before the travel that it would be a short one to test it out without any consequences

Ignatz

What's the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Donor
Feb 17, 2018
I think time travel is supposed to be confusing. Just because it's hard to figure out now is no reason to doubt the devs won't give you the answers later. Remember, the MC has never time traveled before and he is not the sharpest tool in the shed, so it makes sense he (and his experiences) are somewhat muddled.

I don't see this first trip as making sense to be laid out like 1-2-3. Between his personal confusion, his desires to give in to his natural urges and the revelations of some shocking information, the whole trip feels about right to me from an immersive point of view.

If this was all third-person, I might expect more linear explanation, but I'm good with being spoon fed by the devs. I trust they will clear things up as...er...time progresses.

Tjock

Jun 4, 2018
I think time travel is supposed to be confusing. Just because it's hard to figure out now is no reason to doubt the devs won't give you the answers later. Remember, the MC has never time traveled before and he is not the sharpest tool in the shed, so it makes sense he (and his experiences) are somewhat muddled.

I don't see this first trip as making sense to be laid out like 1-2-3. Between his personal confusion, his desires to give in to his natural urges and the revelations of some shocking information, the whole trip feels about right to me from an immersive point of view.

If this was all third-person, I might expect more linear explanation, but I'm good with being spoon fed by the devs. I trust they will clear things up as...er...time progresses.
Yeah that's a good point and i understand your thinking. Personally though i'm a tad bit confused but i'm sure it will make more sense to me after i've played some more.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
While right now we don't have much content with Veronika, the decisions you already make with whats in there will affect outcome in the future. I can't go into specifics right now unfortunately.

BobYu94

Jul 8, 2017
When i press H it says "I should check if ready in big bathroom", I go to the bathroom and nothing happens, i try clicking on the bath tub and the shower and nothing still happens. What do i do? (this is just after seeing a time distortion where the old man has an axe in his head.

Orichan

Sep 6, 2017
While right now we don't have much content with Veronika, the decisions you already make with whats in there will affect outcome in the future. I can't go into specifics right now unfortunately.
alright, thanks for the reply!

Reactions: Aesouh
4.10 star(s) 236 Votes