U

User_166761

Ive always wondered about the incest patch; is keeping it zipped a unity thing? or just how the dev programed it
Just how the dev programmed it. To be more precise, assets in Unity usually aren't packed as plain ZIP files, and are not located there but in the Data directory (the .assets and .resS). Videos in this game are still there though.

Survivor1000

Sep 23, 2017
I finished playing the dominant path but was wondering if there is much difference in visual content if you play the submissive part or is it that only text is different? Are there different kind of scenes?

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I finished playing the dominant path but was wondering if there is much difference in visual content if you play the submissive part or is it that only text is different? Are there different kind of scenes?
Just how the dev programmed it. To be more precise, assets in Unity usually aren't packed as plain ZIP files, and are not located there but in the Data directory (the .assets and .resS). Videos in this game are still there though.
akshuallyyyy... Nah but, you're right a lot of the stuff is custom done, like the storage file, this is for multiple reasons though, one of them is that if you put images flat into unity it converts them into lovely raw images with zero compression, meaning that a 1mb image turns into 25-30mb, when i was developing version 0.4.0, first release on vngine, in the beginning it was just flat out imported in unity and the game was already then 7 GB big, this is also why some unity games on this forum that are just "demos" or previews, 0.1 versions , are like 4 GB+ and barely aaany content.

I try to put as much as possible out of the unity containers if i can. Animations for example is one thing that better works beeing in unity, and it does not affect the game size all that much.

I still got a a bit of optimizing to do and cleanup, but feature development and bugfixing, and performance improvements have always gotten priority.

If you still got 0.4.0 version of the game you can notice how massive the difference is, i'm more and more reaching the goal where vngine core is completed. Most of it is related now to refactoring and cleanup.

I still got several key things to add such as translation support, so that you can make fan made language packs that automatically gets detected by the game, and allows custom fonts to for example support chinese or russian in the dialogue.

And then of course also making it compatible for android and WebGL.

/A

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
@Motkeyz @Aesouh You guys know your shit ;)! Vous assurez grave !

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Really? It works fine? I have had a lot of people, including myself not able to pick up the phone in the first day if played on Mac :eek: ?!

Actually, thats also an interesting find about the kitchen, because technically speaking this should be happening for the windows version too, but it doesn't thats why you have to go back out, and then remember to go to the back of the house through the kitchen to meet up with them or just peek on juli.

Maybe I should install wine on the mac to test this later... What a mystery.

Reactions: Motkeyz

Furuichi Imadori

Donor
May 13, 2017
Really? It works fine? I have had a lot of people, including myself not able to pick up the phone in the first day if played on Mac :eek: ?!

Actually, thats also an interesting find about the kitchen, because technically speaking this should be happening for the windows version too, but it doesn't thats why you have to go back out, and then remember to go to the back of the house through the kitchen to meet up with them or just peek on juli.

Maybe I should install wine on the mac to test this later... What a mystery.
To be more specific, it works for me if I use Wine Staging 2.21. It doesn't work on Wine.

Reactions: Motkeyz

zocx

May 2, 2017
i have a bug with the game on the quest "i should go check if Juli is up" when i enter on her room my game die, can someone share a save file with the last update ( end of the last update ) thanks ( i add the broken save file )

PS: if i try to start a new game is not working have bug there to ...

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
Thank you all for your kinds words, i'm glad you enjoy it...
"Juliana is looking to share her treats with you this Halloween. Join us on Patreon and play the game that's so good, it's positively scary!"

The more we are the more you will see !!

tehcatsmiaw

Jul 2, 2017
does anyone know what the instrumental that is playing in the background is ? it sounds so familiar, but shazam doesn't get a match for some reason ... I'm talking about the one that plays when you are at the beach (at least I hope it's based on location and not random cause I haven't really been paying attention to the music until that track caught my ear)

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
Started playing the game with the latest release and just finished the available content. Unfortunately it's a bit of a mixed bag. First of all, the females are hot. All of them. I also really liked the fully animated sex scenes, you get that rarely and they are well done. Third point: Great hint system telling you where to go next, so you don't get lost - plus some extra exploring. Fourth: Nice fourth wall breaks by the narrator.

Mixed thing is that the relationships were really frustrating sometimes. When the MC was horny for Mom she refused to do anything, and told him she didn't want to do anything. When she wanted to jump him then he was not on board. Talk about mixed signals. At least that situation got a really hot release in the current update.

Finally to the two gripes I have: MC is a bit of an ass, and I guess his cock is a bit of a parody - a third less size is still way too big. :D However, this pales to the biggest: The story is all over the place. It seems the game is more concerned about moving from erotic scene to erotic scene and forgets to bring even a minimum of sense to the overall plot. I felt playing for hours and hours and not getting much time travel action or even explanations; also with the twisted timeline it's hard to follow where in time you are at any given time.

I will keep playing as I feel there is a great game in there, and hope that the story improves.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I play your game on Mac through Wine, everything works fine.
To be more specific, it works for me if I use Wine Staging 2.21. It doesn't work on Wine.
Just to clarify before people start to ask: The game works fine and everything aside the "video animations (Game Menu, shower part, hand-job, blow-job, etc.)" runs flawless!

Furuichi was so kind and answered my questions regarding these missing animation and he also confirmed that they are not playable for him (doesn't matter which wine or wine-staging version!). Furuichi thank you again for your time and answers!!

Reactions: Furuichi Imadori
4.10 star(s) 236 Votes