Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
ive no problem with sisters, aunts, etc...but mothers creep me out a lot, maybe cus my mother was solo parent who raised me and turned me into a fighter who traveled all over the world, ive never ever had a single thought like that vs her, but I have to say this update was very good for timestamps and think this game have potential to as good as the game "my roommate".
I only expected an update with the junkie/prostitute/old friend new scene and perhaps banging the friends mom.
Is the game continue to push mother story more or more on toward sister and other women in game or will it focus only on mother/son the next few updates?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
The video player is a new feature still in early stages from unity. I highly doubt it codec related at all because as mentioned ran it on fresh windows without any extra software, worked flawlessly.

It's not wrong with the code. The video player implementation itself doesn't even require any code, it's just a video player component and a video texture, then i made the custom video player controllers ontop of it.

For example the animated menu doesnt even have the control buttons, its just a videoplayer with a videotexture on it.

its just not working in emulated environments or in virtual environments properly. It seems more of a graphics driver related issue than anything else. Some people who had this problem on native windows solved it by updating their video drivers as well. Not everyone, but some.

As far as I know it works without a hitch in native .app, but that's not the problem with the mac version, there are other blockers and right now mac is on the list to-do but it's like the lowest priority.

I'm confused about the "Better we/you fix the problem now, as long as the game is in an "early stage", as later, when you plan to port to other platforms."

It's not an issue with porting, it's an issue with emulating or running on a VM from mac.

I wish the app version "just worked", but it doesn't and adapting it would take time from the regular development, which is not an option. I take another approach where i improve on making one platform work perfectly before i try adapting or fixing things to make it work somewhere else. there is just not enough time or resources to do this.

/A
Thank you for your detailed answer and your insight of the videoplayer. If there is nothing you can do from your side, then we have to wait for UNITY to upgrade their videoplayer.

Pls. don't understand me wrong. It is just frustrating and a bit sad to see, that this beautiful game gets ruined by unitys engine/videoplayer - at least for now until their videoplayer gets more support.

The frustrating part of all of this is, that Timestamps could have been build in Ren'py without any problem for Mac, Linux and Windows. There are many Ren'py games out there with the same level of hd render and high animations as Timestamps. [I don't won't to start an engine debate here, because several post back, you already explained, why you chose Unity over Ren'py - and personally, I like how you managed the assets within UNITY with VNGINE. Otherwise the game would already be over 10 GB.]

For now I will wait to the end of the year/new year for new content and - hopefully - for a better supported videoplayer (still haven't played the new content in v5.0 and will try not to XD)

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
ive no problem with sisters, aunts, etc...but mothers creep me out a lot, maybe cus my mother was solo parent who raised me and turned me into a fighter who traveled all over the world, ive never ever had a single thought like that vs her, but I have to say this update was very good for timestamps and think this game have potential to as good as the game "my roommate".
I only expected an update with the junkie/prostitute/old friend new scene and perhaps banging the friends mom.
Is the game continue to push mother story more or more on toward sister and other women in game or will it focus only on mother/son the next few updates?
Why would you mod the game to make it something you are not into?

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Thank you for your detailed answer and your insight of the videoplayer. If there is nothing you can do from your side, then we have to wait for UNITY to upgrade their videoplayer.

Pls. don't understand me wrong. It is just frustrating and a bit sad to see, that this beautiful game gets ruined by unitys engine/videoplayer - at least for now until their videoplayer gets more support.

The frustrating part of all of this is, that Timestamps could have been build in Ren'py without any problem for Mac, Linux and Windows. There are many Ren'py games out there with the same level of hd render and high animations as Timestamps. [I don't won't to start an engine debate here, because several post back, you already explained, why you chose Unity over Ren'py - and personally, I like how you managed the assets within UNITY with VNGINE. Otherwise the game would already be over 10 GB.]

For now I will wait to the end of the year/new year for new content and - hopefully - for a better supported videoplayer (still haven't played the new content in v5.0 and will try not to XD)
Dude, you are running the game through an emulator, if i would have the game compiled native you wouldn't get this issue, it's not an issue with unity it's your environment that it doesn't work in. I literally just tested playing the MAC app and the animation was 100% fluid, on a 2014 macbook air running latest OS. o_O

I found the issue about picking up the phone now in mac and webgl but i have to re-design the save and load functionality, as well as cursor system to make it work on mac, from what I have seen now. at least its one step forward...

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Does this game have any "hide interface" button ? Like middle mouse in RenPy.
Z, you might wanna check also some of the other keybindings in the options menu, press esc and options, then keybindings, but there are some that we forgot to update in there.

Reactions: Buburash

Skyrim

May 4, 2017
I'm sorry if this not helps (i'm not an expert), but i tried to play videos downloaded in cg rip links. they work perfectly, so it's a game thing

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I'm sorry if this not helps (i'm not an expert), but i tried to play videos downloaded in cg rip links. they work perfectly, so it's a game thing
Exactly, you are not an expert. It's not a game thing.

The file itself when loaded in the game is not mp4 or a mkv, same as imported assets in the game are not png's or jpg's. Resources are generally not even loaded with any file extensions within unity. You only have compatible formats for import into the project then unity converts it into a more raw format that it plays for the best possible performance at the least amount of resource cost.

Some people seems to really struggle with the fact that maybe, just maybe they have some conflicting software on their computer that could cause this problem, There are endless combinations of hardware and software on PC's. We have over 100k players and only a few have been vocal about having the animation issue, and most of those have been running it through wine or VM. Not all, but most. So it's already a fraction of the playerbase that has this issue to begin with, and then there is only a part of those that actually uses windows.

We really try to make the game work for everyone, but some things are just not within our control at all.

We had someone who had the issue, that refreshed their PC and suddenly it worked... What could cause that? Intrusive software or old drivers.

We have had people complain that their antivirus deletes some of the game files, for no apparent reason, we can't really cater for that either...

Reactions: zlith89

zlith89

Sep 6, 2018
Really love this game! Nice animations, funny story and nice renders.
just wanted to say (might already been posted, didnt bother reading all 322 pages of comments) that the sounds when in the clothing store are very loud, maybe change the car sounds with some low boutiqe music? same with grocery store, the bird chirping dont sound right, maybe some chatter in the background there :)

Anyhow, great game, keep up the good work!

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Really love this game! Nice animations, funny story and nice renders.
just wanted to say (might already been posted, didnt bother reading all 322 pages of comments) that the sounds when in the clothing store are very loud, maybe change the car sounds with some low boutiqe music? :)

Anyhow, great game, keep up the good work!
We'll see :) we do have 3 ambient non-music tracks that we use really, one is park, one is shop and one is shower, and yeah they could be replaced at some point for something even better. Truth is really good sound files with proper licencing costs a lot. But we plan on expanding our audio more and more as we go forward.

Thanks for the kind words and the feedback! :) <3

Reactions: Krull and zlith89

zlith89

Sep 6, 2018
We'll see :) we do have 3 ambient non-music tracks that we use really, one is park, one is shop and one is shower, and yeah they could be replaced at some point for something even better. Truth is really good sound files with proper licencing costs a lot. But we plan on expanding our audio more and more as we go forward.

Thanks for the kind words and the feedback! :) <3
superb, i'll definitivly will continiue to support this project on patreon. Thanks for feedback, cant wait for more releases!

Reactions: Aesouh

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
superb, i'll definitivly will continiue to support this project on patreon. Thanks for feedback, cant wait for more releases!
I forgot we do have a couple more, like OMJ's garage as well and one more for the time machine ,but yeah, i do try to balance both coding and polishing what is in there too. So i don't only add new things i always improve what i made before as i move forward.

Reactions: zlith89

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I want to also add that this is basically our 1 year anniversary update, it's quite fucking spectacular. :) If you ever considered pledging, this is surely the one and you will understand why. I think it might be well beyond what anyone ever expected.
So, was I right about this release? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

:p

Reactions: El bacca Del Chew

Motkeyz

TIMESTAMPS
Game Developer
Oct 21, 2017
Hi guyz,

The 0.5 version has been out now for a few days on Patreon and even here on F95, sooner than we expected to be honest, but it is what it is.
We've seen all of your posts and we really want to thank you for your fine and kind words.
Most of you seemed to enjoyed the game almost as much as we enjoy to make it? What a boost it is !

This update is an important one for us, because we wanted to prove to ourselves and to you what we are able to deliver with more time put into the game.

We used more of our time than usual on this update, not only our free time but sacrificing our daily jobs for a while, this was to be able to deliver the best release we made so far.

By reading your reviews and comments it seems that we succeeded in that and it gives us even more motivation and passion in this project.

But life reality checks, we need to assume the day to day too and spending so much time on this can't be done on a long term without your support.

We already got some amazing fans and incredible patrons who have been with us since day one and made this journey so exciting to this day.

But to achieve our true potential and reach the goals we set to ourselves, we gonna need you.

We are really at that point right now where we will not be able to keep up what we did for this release in terms of speed of release, and amount of new content.

The passion we have for the project remains and always will push us to do so much more and better, we do our best to deliver regardless of situation.

Timestamps is a fun and challenging project to work on that's for sure, while we don't see quitting the game as an option AT ALL, one of the natural options is to slow down, treat this as a hobby and basically spend time on it when there is time to spare, putting work, and life ahead of the game.

The other option is to expand even more our crew, patrons are not anonymous buyers, they are part of the team ! With their help we would be able to maintain and expand the momentum generated.

What you saw in 0.5 was a glimpse of what we can do!

Anyway, the journey we share together has been great so far and may it be continue for many months still.

Thank you for playing, thank you for the compliments, rendez-vous for 0.5.X

PS: We know we need to improve our writing to some degree, and expand our workforce. All in good time...

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
I thought for at the ending the dev would pull a cliffhanger and cut off the scene. I thought all of us was going to get blueballed like at the end of every Milf City(I still love the game) update. I was waiting for Bacon, sister, or dad to fuck it up at the end. lol

Reactions: Krull

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
I thought for at the ending the dev would pull a cliffhanger and cut off the scene. I thought all of us was going to get blueballed like at the end of every Milf City(I still love the game) update. I was waiting for Bacon, sister, or dad to fuck it up at the end. lol
nope, we just finished it with a big finish :D That's why we didn't want to put in a future teaser in there too, we just wanted you to enjoy that masterpiece of a final pic :D it's one of my top 3 renders, the other also being heather and juli kissing and the last one being maureen on the bed about to get facial :p

Reactions: Almighty and Krull
4.10 star(s) 236 Votes