Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
moved my saved folder from older version to new version, but they wont show up in the game... what am I doing wrong?
Did you already start up the new version and save your game before? Do you have any saves at all showing up? Or did you just perhaps put the save folder in the wrong location? if you don't have any saves in your load menu, close the game, check that you copied the save folder to Unconditional Love_Data/Saves/ and then start the game, you should then get a popup that the game has moved your save files, and you should be ready to play :)

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

Pillowgirl

Oct 3, 2017
First try to download Visual C++ 2015 32bit (x86) only. If the game still show a white/black install the
Windows 7 update.
You can't install the VC++ unless you have KB2999226 installed, which you can't install without having KB976932(W7 SP1) installed first.

2017 VC++ that don't need any MS updates should make all older 2015 versions obsolete, but even that didn't help me.
So i had to install the 900+ mb SP1 update for W7 which sucked up 7GB in decompression space during install(so don't try with less then this free space) and took about 40m-60m to install.

All this to play a buggy game using outdated runtimes...this experience was more annoying than GOG Galaxy asking me for SP1.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
You can't install the VC++ unless you have KB2999226 installed, which you can't install without having KB976932(W7 SP1) installed first.

2017 VC++ that don't need any MS updates should make all older 2015 versions obsolete, but even that didn't help me.
So i had to install the 900+ mb SP1 update for W7 which sucked up 7GB in decompression space during install(so don't try with less then this free space) and took about 40m-60m to install.

All this to play a buggy game using outdated runtimes...this experience was more annoying than GOG Galaxy asking me for SP1.
You are using a 9 year old OS and somehow without SP1 that came out 8 years ago...

Redist 2017 doesnt replace 2015, it adds to it. Having one doesn't make the other obsolete.

Normally you'd get it through a steam game install, or something, but since you didn't, it has to be installed manually for this game until I make a redirect to it in the future. I didn't know that webp required this to begin with, but essentially i added webp for everyone to enjoy the game at a smaller size than previously. A lot smaller.

/A

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
Ok... so when I found the hidden Timestamps folder I assumed I would find the save files I made in it somewhere. However I have looked all thru it and there are no saves even though I created 4 new saves in this version. Inside the hidden Timestamps folder is a output_log.text and a Unity folder. Inside the Unity folder is a folder named 0ef2413c-d467-44ef-a808-5a64d5762a81 which contains an Analytics folder. The Analytics folder contains 2 files (config and values) and an ArchivedEvents folder. Inside the ArchivedEvents folder is another folder named 154637629100002.d0df4135 and inside it are 3 files named "e", "g", and "s"... and that is it, no save files to be found anywhere. Any other ideas where I can find these new saves or where I can place the old saves? This is really kind of baffling to be honest.

EDIT - OK FINALLY FOUND IT!

The Wine save location is at user/.wine/drive_c/users/"user name"/Local Settings/Application Data/VNGINE/Timestamps/Saves

Whew! That was quite the hunt, but at least we know where it is now. :) Hopefully this info will help any other Mac/Wine users as well.
Hi @phreakinowski I have updated with this version, but I am struggling to find Mac saves on my hard drive. I have a PC as well, but prefer the Mac and using Wine. For the Mac location for the saves that you mentioned in your comment which version of Wine are you using because I've had no luck locating them?

Thanks

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Hi @phreakinowski I have updated with this version, but I am struggling to find Mac saves on my hard drive. I have a PC as well, but prefer the Mac and using Wine. For the Mac location for the saves that you mentioned in your comment which version of Wine are you using I've had no luck locating them?

Thanks
Guys, did you read the installation guide on OP regarding Win 7 dlls etc? Because without them, you will not see a single animation in the game via Wine.

Reactions: Motkeyz

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
No that's not true. Your system is outdated, the game has no bugs.

BTW, no one obligues.
The game does have a kinda unexplainable bug right now that is reported, we still cant explain why shopping with juli sometimes work and sometimes doesnt (wait for juli outside), we are still kinda trying to figure it out. But the workaround was to last-choice back to nika shower and then forward again and it works. Mystery really, either its an issue by itself or caused by another underlying issue. Will get to the bottom of it eventually :)

Reactions: UncleVT

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
The game does have a kinda unexplainable bug right now that is reported, we still cant explain why shopping with juli sometimes work and sometimes doesnt (wait for juli outside), we are still kinda trying to figure it out. But the workaround was to last-choice back to nika shower and then forward again and it works. Mystery really, either its an issue by itself or caused by another underlying issue. Will get to the bottom of it eventually :)
Well, works for me :)

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Well, works for me :)
That's the problem, sometimes I wish that issues would be for either everyone or no one, so much damn easier to fix then if you can consistently reproduce it :p Also easier to catch during testing, i still haven't been able to reproduce this one myself.

Reactions: UncleVT

V3rSaC3

Dec 2, 2018
do i need to download the whole game again for this latest version? or where can i download just this update? tnx

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
do i need to download the whole game again for this latest version? or where can i download just this update? tnx
Depends on what version you have, if you have 0.5.1 PE i guess @KeinBa posted a patcher earlier in the thread that is minimal.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
I played the new release from scratch (skipped the previous). Must to say the renders are gorgeous as always, the h scenes are one of the best I saw, the videos improved also, didn't have any issues like earlier. And the story really improved, now we can realise the logic of certain dialogues and scenes from the past-future (pun intended).

Very good job both Devs.

4.10 star(s) 235 Votes