fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
are the saves stored somewhere else now? I really dont want to replay all of it AGAIN.

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
The culprits are Windows Update or installing/deleting Games and Programs! Every time Windows release a new Update something will break :LOL:.

Try Windows System File scan as @Jeale recommended!
Performed this according to the instructions for both checks, got reports that corruptions had been fixed, yet it has no bearing on the error I'm experiencing. I give up, thanks for your patient help though.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
No luck. And the same thing happens when trying to start a new game. Flickering animated scenes followed by the beige freeze.
Can you pls make a screenshot of it.. I want to see the beige freeze.

EDIT: ALT+Enter let you switch between fullscreen and windowed-mode.

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
Can you pls make a screenshot of it.. I want to see the beige freeze.

EDIT: ALT+Enter let you switch between fullscreen and windowed-mode.
Here you go. As mentioned the mouse cursor changes to match what's in the background and the music still plays.

1552514057635.png

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Can anyone tell me how to turn off the stupid Narrator lines from popping up?
It's seriously irritating having to see the Narrator lines show up, I usually turn those off, unless I can't, which seems to be the case in this game.
Well thats unfortunate, that you find the narrator lines "seriously irritating".
Here you go. As mentioned the mouse cursor changes to match what's in the background and the music still plays.

View attachment 262805
Does anything happen to the screen if you drag to resize it from a corner, cause this looks really like something is up with the resolution

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
The same happens to me but the difference is that the screen is black, you can see and move the mouse cursor and you can hear the music.
Yeah but that's not the same thing though, the black screen is related to the installer in the install instruction. Missing that windows update causes some black screen or white screen issues, the grey one has happened to others before, its something with the scaling of the window, it could also be scaling within the nvidia drivers but some people have reported that if its grey and they resize it from the corner, then it can correct itself too.

For gray screen Maybe i could recommend alt-entering to go fullscreen then alt f4 to close the game and start again, see if its improved or not

/A

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018

View attachment 262805
I hate a similar issue on my Windows 10 VM... After the intro animation I got a black screen with music in the background ... I installed four updates for Windows 10 and the black screen disappeared.

Now comes the funny part: I tried to uninstall all updates (expect for one security update) and the game still worked.

I really, really think that you have a missing update or missing dlls somewhere... The hard part now is: Do found them!

Take a screenshot of your installed updates and let us control if you do not miss any!

The same happens to me but the difference is that the screen is black, you can see and move the mouse cursor and you can hear the music.
check Windows for updates...

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016

King Bayou

Jul 1, 2017
Someone mind helping me, i installed the game and then followed up by installing the patch and placing the 'English_Unrated' zip into the Languages folder. But when I click on the Unrated flag to the right at the main menu I get a 'Old Translation File' message that reverts back to the original 'English' zip. I tried following along with the steps in the 'Read Me' but its not entirely clear on what to do. Can someone give me a step by step on what to do next? Thanks.

EDIT: Nvm, for some reason changing the 'English Unrated' version. txt to 0.5.1 instead of 0.5.2 fixed it.

Aesouh

Master Chief VNGineer
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2017
Someone mind helping me, i installed the game and then followed up by installing the patch and placing the 'English_Unrated' zip into the Languages folder. But when I click on the Unrated flag to the right at the main menu I get a 'Old Translation File' message that reverts back to the original 'English' zip. I tried following along with the steps in the 'Read Me' but its not entirely clear on what to do. Can someone give me a step by step on what to do next? Thanks.

EDIT: Nvm, for some reason changing the 'English Unrated' version. txt to 0.5.1 instead of 0.5.2 fixed it.
Uh, don't do that, you're using an old language file, it will break the game. I mean, you read the pop-up, it said your using an old version. Download the new one.

zxc_cxz

Apr 6, 2018
Can someone check if what is really the actual size of the updated game? I downloaded the latest ver, 0.5.2, and I got 1.22 Gb, then afterwards as I extracted the file goes corrupted. Should l download again? And what upload link should I use to download just to be sure. Thanks!

KeinBa

Sep 26, 2017
Can someone check if what is really the actual size of the updated game? I downloaded the latest ver, 0.5.2, and I got 1.22 Gb, then afterwards as I extracted the file goes corrupted. Should l download again? And what upload link should I use to download just to be sure. Thanks!
You can check your files with this.Download and install quicksfv.Put this file into your game folder and run it.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
packed the size is 1,22 GB unpacked it is 1,24. Try to update WinRAR or switch to 7zip ;)

4.10 star(s) 237 Votes